Love Like Summer

House Party Riots

"So, just put your finger on the second string of the third fret, and-" Frank instructed as Gerard struggled to obey. Both were biting their lips the entire time, the only reason Gerard hadn't given up was because he was still -- after nearly a week of learning -- waiting for Frank to sit behind him, his callused hands guiding Gerard's, being ever so close. Frank's hot breath on his ear as he muttered directions. Gerard smirked to himself, having gotten use to thinking of his friend in such a way.

"Like this, right?" Gerard asked, placing his index finger on the third string of the second fret. Frank pulled at his own hair.

"No -- just -- lemme show you." Gerard's heart leaped, then fell into his stomach as Frank took the white guitar from him. Frank strummed the simplest of melodies slowly, hoping Gerard would catch on without him having to guide him from behind. Being so close to his angel would be a sin. As Frank handed Gerard the guitar back, he giggled to himself. "It's real easy."

Gerard sighed, raising his eyebrows with a small grin. "Uh, Frank, I don't think you understand that I'm just not a musician." Frank tilted his head slightly, wide eyes accompanying his just-as-wide smile.

"Of course you are!" Frank encouraged. Gerard rolled his eyes, mirroring the younger's grin. He tried to copy the tune failing miserably, but continued to try. For Frank, he thought. For Frank and his stupid dreams. Gerard's fingers wouldn't move fast enough for him, and always went the wrong way.

"Oh, you stupid son of a bi-" A string broke and had threatened to hit the shocked Gerard in the face. Gerard looked at Frank, terrified. "I'm sorry!"

Frank began to laugh as Gerard continued a string of apologizes. "Dude, it's okay, chill out." Frank stood, taking the guitar and placing it back in the corner. "I'll get it fixed next week. It's cool."

Gerard nodded shyly, crossing his arms over his chest, face half hiding by a veil of ebony silk. "Stupid fuckin' Pansy-ass guitar can't take fuckin' beginner, just 'cause I'm not all soft-like...stupid motherfuckin' Pansy..." He hissed. Frank watched Gerard, who was still seated on the bed, from where he stood, admiring the older one subtly. He smirked, and Gerard slowly turned his head to face the now quietly giggling boy. "I'm not crazy."

Frank's volume increased. "I know, Gerard." He took a moment to admire again, to study and memorize his angelic features his beautiful dark hair, his glowing eyes. Frank felt himself far below the older's status. "I know you aren't. C'mon, wanna go out and get some food?"

Gerard's heart pounded. Frank was asking him to go out? Not on a date, it was just -- what time is it? dinner. But, nevertheless, it would seem date-like, to him, anyway. With society today, who wouldn't think two boys, out to dinner, laughing, and joking, and touching weren't together? "Sure, Frank. Thanks." Gerard stood then, grinning from ear to ear/ No one -- of either sex -- had offered to take him out anywhere.

"No problem, my friend." Frank said in reply. He refrained from cringing at the word -- "friend." Put a boy in front of that, he thought, not knowing both boys shared it, then we'll talk. Lover, maybe? Suitor? Hell, evenhooker sounds better!

Gerard smiled, grabbing his jacket just in time for his phone to ring. "Hey. Shawn." He answered.

"Dude! You gotta come over, my parents are outta town and I've the house all to myself. Toro's comin', and so's his brother -- you know there's gunna be a party." Shawn informed Gerard, the latter laughing lightly, looking over at Frank. The younger smiled sheepishly, knowing what was going to happen now. Rejection. Pure, unadulterated rejection, for free booze and half- nake --

"Can I bring a friend?" Frank's eyes widened as a smile appeared on his face. Gerard shrugged with a crooked grin.

"Fuck yea, bring the whole family!" Shawn cried. "Just get here soon, people are already here and I know they're dying to see you! Later, kid!" With a loud click, he hung up, leaving Gerard with a very cheery Frank.

"Uh, wanna go to a party?" Gerard asked. Frank nodded excitedly, still sporting the wide grin. The older grabbed his keys and led the younger to the door.

"Where are we goin'?" Frank asked anxiously, following the other down the steps.

"My friend Shawn's house." Gerard replied, pulling his phone out again to call his brother. "His parents are out of town and he's havin' a party, and since you invited me out, I decided you should come along. Shawn's awesome -- his friends are twice as cool."

"Where's h-" Gerard place his index finger on Frank's lips to shush him before the younger could finish his sentence. Both boys stopped dead in their tracks, nearing the end of the stairs; both were unable to breath at the touch. Gerard sounded calm enough, though, once his brother picked up, and told him the same story.

"Frank's coming too." The older boy added, hiding a smile. Mikey giggled on the other end and agreed to go. Frank tried his hardest not to sigh as Gerard hung up, smirking at him. "He's coming just to see you."

Frank tilted his head to the left. "And he knows about me, because...?" Gerard's eyes widened slightly, but Frank did not take notice.

"Well, I talk a lot. Besides, how couldn't he know know about you? You saved my life, and are quite possibly my best friend -- but don't tell Bob and Ray." Frank forced a wide grin onto his face as they both climbed into the car. Best friends. Well, I guess that's a step towards boyfriend. There's a B in it, anyway. Wait, is he straight? Oh. fuck.

"You sure you wanna go, Frank? I mean, we don't have to if you don't want...you don't look to fantastic." Gerard commented as he started the car. Frank looked up and shook his head quickly.

"No, I-I'm fine! Just thinking is all." He laughed nervously, causing Gerard to raise an eyebrow in response. The older shrugged and sped away.

Gerard found himself strangely confused, engulfed in the oddest and strongest of jealous sensations. During the whole thirty-minute car ride to Shawn's (and picking up Mikey), Gerard found himself furious at the quick connection made between the two younger boys, sharing stories and laughs. Gerard growled lowly to himself, swearing under his breath as he pulled in front of Shawn's house, stopping abruptly.

"You'll like Shawn, Frank -- he's a great guy! Haha, this one time -- haha -- at this party -- haha! -- at his house, he -- hahahaha!" Mikey tried to say before dissolving in a fit of laughter. Gerard sighed roughly, irritated by his younger brother. He slammed the door shut, causing Mikey to jump and his vocal chords to snap.

Frank lagged behind slightly, noticing the slight tension between the two. It made him already considering going home, possibly cutting the tension, and allowing himself some alone time -- he could binge and purge and fuck and not be afraid of Gerard walking in and finding him in one or more embarrassing situations.

Frank lowered his head in shame.

Maybe two hours later, and almost everyone at the party is drunk.

Frank doesn't mind to much. He's had two drinks or so, allowing him to keep track of his speech and balance. Not like Mikey, who could barely choke out a sentence. It was obvious that the boy didn't get out much. Once the trio had arrived, Gerard had pretty much abandoned them both, and Frank hadn't spotted him since the arrival. But he could see Shawn, who was sitting around the table with his mostly-female friends.

And now they were playing Truth Or Dare like fifth graders. Now hose two girls he met -- Dara and Ashley -- and Shawn were calling Frank over to play. They used a bottle to decide who'd go next, so it would be relatively fair. Frank decided to join them, regretting it as soon as he sees Gerard sitting across from him.

"Hey, Frankie-Boy." Shawn called with a smiled. Frank cringed slightly, and nodded at him.

"Okay," Shawn started again, "we all just found out that Gee-Fuck is jealous of someone-thing here, but isn't say who. Dig?" Frank blinked with a smile, nodding again. Gerard glared at them both. "So, now, Gee-Fuck goes. So, goes!"

Gerard spun the empty bottle, it pointing to Barbra. His head fluttered slightly. Just slightly, now. Not like when Frank smiled at him. No, never again. "You know what to do, girl."

"Truce!" She cried and began to giggle. Good. Now he would get some answers.

"Is it true about those pictures of you and your boyfriend?" Gerard asked. It was killing him, and, true or not, he needed to know from a direct source.

"Mmhm!" She cried again, quickly grabbing something from her bag, and tossed the pictures at Gerard. "See for yourself." Barbra added. Gerard couldn't look -- so she was a slut. Fuck.

Barbra weakly spun the bottle so it purposely landed on Frank. "D-dare." Frank said lowly before she even began to ask.

"I dare you to kiss...someone at this here table, for five seconds. Kinda like Dawson's Creek, in that one episode. Dig?" She offered. Frank rolled his eyes. It was getting so stupid. Now he'd have to kiss a girl -- probably Dara -- when he really didn't want to. The lot of them were drunk and horny and slutty and -- not guys? Frank nodded anyway. "Kiss Gerard. Right now. Go!"

Both boys looked up and stared right at each other. This had been such a mistake. Such a terrible, terrible mistake. "But I'm n-"

"Go!" She yelled, causing Gerard to stand immediately, walking over to Frank's side of the table. Frank stood then, too, and met his half way. A smirk took over Gerard's face as he gently touched the younger's cheek, stroking slightly. So soft, and smooth, and perfect. The perfect boy with perfect pink lips. All his -- for five seconds. Barbra was already a fading memory.

Frank was about to scream. Sure, a kiss would be wonderful. Five seconds? Five hours, why not? But in front of people? No way in hell. Frank looked up at Gerard, and remembered something; he was drunk. All of them were drunk. None of them were going to remember him in the morning, let alone a silly little dare. He closed his eyes and puckered up.

Frank waited for a rough, probably sloppy kiss, laced with vodka. But he didn't care. He was still getting it, now, wasn't he? Gerard's smirked melted as he carefully placed his lips on the younger's. Frank was slightly taken aback, but shrugged it off. Five seconds -- piece of cake.

The older's tongue ran against Frank's bottom lip, ignoring the ring completely. Frank found his eyes snapping open, along with his mouth, eyes rolling into the back of his head. The looks on their faces were priceless, and Shawn looked a little sick. Barbra wore a proud smile, and Dara and Ashley looked like they would pass out if they didn't die laughing first.

Laugh. Laugh and be jealous. I don't care. Is his tongue in your mouth? Are his lips on yours? Yea; didn't think so. Frank thought. Shawn was saying something now, something neither boy understood. Maybe he had simply read his mind and was telling him to shut up. Al things were possible -- Gerard was making out with him. He grabbed the back Frank's neck, deepening the kiss, his other hand cupping his face as is making sure he was real. As Shawn shouted again, Frank placed his hands on Gerard's hips -- both at the same time, making it impossible to tell which had made Gerard push the smaller boy away.

"Five seconds. Gee-Fuck." Shawn said. He looked slightly disgusted. "Not five days.Boys, what was that?!"

"intense." Frank muttered. He stared at Gerard, who was smirking again.

"Never ever touch my hips when I'm kissing you again, Fag." The older replied. Frank was speechless. What just happened? He found his voice quick enough.

"Don't shove your tongue down my throat next time, you prick!" Frank yelled. Mostly everyone else at the party turned around to watch, but he didn't care. He was furious.

"Please," Gerard began with a scoff, "it was your dare, and you didn't even kiss back. I bet you'd make out any guy here but me. Bet you've got your eye on one too. You want Shawn? Take him -- it'll do him some good. How 'bout Ray, how 'bout Bob? How about my fucking brother?!"

"Fuck you." Frank growled fiercely, storming off.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?!" Gerard called after a moment, following Frank towards the door.

"Home. I can't be here. I'm walking." The younger boy threw open the door, revealing the dark and wet evening.

"It's dark out, and it's raining." Gerard suddenly cooed, anger having melted away. "You don't even have a jacket. You'll get sick, or run over -- you'll get hurt. I don't want to know I let you get hurt -- I'm not letting you go."

Frank glared fiercely, pushing Gerard away from him and running onto the lawn. "You shoulda thought of that before you opened your fucking mouth!" Frank cried over his shoulder, voice cracking slightly. His tears fell as fast and as heavy as the rain -- but at least no one could tell he was crying.