Children of the Night

The Way Only I Can

The Children of the Night are made up of the dark creatures that show their truest and most beautiful form in the presence of the moon; weather it be a pair of alluring fangs, a soft coat of fur, or the personification of an element. Some are friendly, some are deadly, and the rest live in packs.

The first two are natural enemies; the other one just tries to keep the peace. One was bred to destroy the other, one was created to keep nature in order, and the other was a horrible mistake.

Vampires reign supreme; they rule the children of the night with vigor. It shouldn’t surprise you that this group of creatures was the mistake. Dracula or Vlad Tapes was hungry for the blood of his enemy, he wanted to spill so much of it that he created a monster in himself, he drank the blood of his enemy, and the hoisted the body onto a long shaft in the ground, earning him the title Vlad the Impaler. It was a slow death that no one would escape, his victims turned into his minions, the first generation of the vampire race, but they found that they could not reproduce all that kept them alive was the blood that ran through the veins of something living. This second generation found it easier to mate with humans creating half breeds that didn’t need to drink from another to live. They were human with heightened senses, excellent fighters.

More were turned by the bite of the fangs that held venom. Soon the population of Vampires was legendary. They could not travel long in the sunlight, and they could not enter the house of another with out a spoken permission. They could run fast, jump high and far, and disappear into a mist or fog of invisibility.
It is the vampires who created the next group of creatures. Vampires used the wolf for protection; they would obey their every command. Kill the uninvited, keep in the wanted.

One day a man by the name of Lucian reached out to the wolves because he was trying to escape Dracula’s cruel pain. The wolves followed his command; they took him into the woods where they taught him to hunt and how to live off the land. The wolves longed to be free of Dracula’s demands. The man said he would teach them to be human and they would walk away from Dracula forever, and destroy any vampire that threatened them again.

So he kept his promise, one night a pack of Dracula’s wolves were called to the gates; a painful out break of howls filled the air as the bone structure of the wolves changed into that of the human body. Then in their naked glory they fled the castle, taking the rest of the wolves along the way, so started the war between the vampires and their slaves.

The five elements; air, water, fire, earth, and spirit, are represented by faeries, who hide their wings during the day, but at night, the moonlight reveals them, They protect the earth and all of its function with little disturbance of the other night creatures.

Image

“You are so,” She couldn’t even finish the threat. I’m the only born vampire known to society what is she going to do to me? I swear just because she is my mother she thinks she can order me about. I don’t think so.

“What are you going to do, Mom? Stake me? Oh I wish you would, Dad would kill you with out a second thought.” Yeah Mom and I don’t get along so well.

“No, Camilla of course I’m not going to stake you! Don’t be so dramatic. You have gone through seventeen humans this week! You don’t think their families have noticed? We are going to have to move,” Oh no I know that pause.

“No! I can’t go there its bad enough living around humans, but now those filthy dogs too?! No I will not and you can not make me. I’m almost eighteen I’ll leave I swear I will leave you, or I… I’ll… I’ll stake my self! Yeah I’ll stake myself!” No I wouldn’t.

“Get your stuff, your Dad will be waiting.” She said smugly. Bitch.
I can’t go live with my Dad people will use me. I’m really powerful my senses are more adapted to my surrounding then other vampires and I’m so much stronger. I hide it though. Dad says that if anyone knew I would be in deep shit. I could take whatever was coming at me, no doubt. With out further protest I went upstairs.

My room, how I would miss it, not. You’d think if your dad was the king of all vampires, he’d give your mom a little more money to keep me satisfied. No, he didn’t we lived in a two room duplex the upstairs was mine, downstairs, mother’s.

The whole seventeen humans’ thing, I can explain. I have an increased amount of blood lust that gets just a tiny bit out of control when I’m angry and let me tell you, the boys at my stupid high school are ridiculously clingy. Yeah sure I’m very beautiful, that should intimidate them right? No, these borderline retarded kids think they can approach me with lines like ‘Hey baby did it hurt when you fell from heaven?’ or my personal favorite, ‘How do you like your eggs in the morning?’ If I was a normal human I would have brushed them aside with a firm ‘Unfertilized, thanks’ but no, I sucked their blood. In my defense two of the seventeen were just innocent bystanders who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. In other words they saw me sucking their best friend’s blood, and I had to kill them too. It’s really not that big of a deal, its just that the kids’ parents for some reason loved their kids, so for me to eat them was a bad idea. I’m only supposed to drink from outside of town to throw the police off and what not. But hey I’m an alive and growing girl right?

Well half right, I was born of two dead vampires one of which happened to imprint upon my skin a kiss of death. Not really it’s just like a tattoo, bats to be exact on my shoulders. Dad says I’m part of some prophecy but whatever. I couldn’t care less. Anyways the point I’m trying to make is if I was lying on the side of the road laying still and eyes closed then people would assume that I was dead, because technically I am.
With three duffel bags filled with clothes and shoes I went back downstairs.

“Hey witch? When do I leave your awful presence?” I wanted to I really did, but instead I said, “Oh Mommy dearest? When do we have to part, I’m just dreading my departure, you have been most accommodating in my short seventeen years of life. I will hate to leave you.” Two words BULL SHIT!

“Save the sweet talk for your father honey. You leave tonight; a car is coming to pick you up any minute. You know your father, likes to get things done, the faster the better.” I swear she hates me.

“So my conception was like what, five maybe ten seconds right?” She gasped.

“You ungrateful little whore! You are such a mistake, your not even supposed to happen, it’s impossible and because of you, your father dumped me here to look after you while he is in his room, being pleased by many whores such as yourself.” I shouldn’t I really shouldn’t but I will.

“Oh so you were a favorite then, Queen of the whores? You know you set yourself up every time, and hey if I’m such whore, then you taught me well. Goodbye Mother may your ashes never rest in piece.” And with that final statement I was outside of my house faster then a blink of an eye.

The car waiting for me was ridiculously dark; I’m talking blacker then black. The driver I recognized as one of my father’s slaves took my bags. Such a shame to see such a fine young vampire forced to work. I settled into the back and never once glanced back as he sped out of my stupid neighbor hood. Maybe leaving will have a plus side. I’ll finally be treated how I deserve to be treated, like the vampire princess I am.

Waiting at the airport was yet another dark black car but this time I recognized the driver, my personal slave, Aidan. Only I gave him his freedom and I don’t treat him as a slave. Guess my father really does own all the vampires.

“Now what are you doing here, didn’t I set you free the last time I visited my father?” I asked giving my old friend a hug. He’s been mine ever since I was able to move.

“Ah well you know Cammy, I can’t stay away from you.” He answered while hugging me back.

“So he caught you leaving then?” I said as soon as we pulled apart.

“Yeah pretty much,” He chuckled and then grabbed all of my bags with one hand.
The drive back to the castle was long but amusing I got to catch up with Aidan and he filled me in on the latest castle gossip. Father has been killing a lot lately; his temper ever since he heard about my killing spree hasn’t gotten any better. There is a lot that I have missed. Some one has attempted to break past security to get the ancient prophecies that we stole from the faerie elders. It was a pack by the smell they left he tells me. Filthy creatures, if I had it my why there wouldn’t be any of the smelly animals. They’re disgusting.

“Darling, welcome home my dear” My father greeted me as I exited the vehicle with Aidan by my side.

“Father, I’m pretty sure that Aidan here belonged to me, so please explain to me why, even though I had granted him his freedom he is still bound to me?” I asked with the tone only I could get away with using to him.

“Bite your tongue, I own all the slaves in my castle and I will do what I wish with them. Your lucky I even spared him, you aren’t supposed to be befriend them, they are beneath you do you understand?” He was pointing a finger in my face. Aidan wasn’t kidding he is in a bad mood.

“No,” I said and I walked past him. “Come Aidan, bring my belongings and while you’re at it fetch me your dignity.” I chuckled and walked back to grab half of my bags.

“I don’t know how you’re still alive I would think that your mother would have finished you off by now.” My father said to me while knocking my bags from Aidan’s hands and walking away.

Aidan and I picked up my bags and went back to my room. I dismissed him and went down to the feeding chambers. Stupid humans that willingly let us suck their blood, it tastes so much worse when the victim is a volunteer. I always went for the young ones though; they didn’t stare at me while I fed. That really bugs me too, when a Pig as we call them stares at me I can’t do it I lose focus and I actually feel bad knowing that they willingly let us slowly kill them. It’s purely suicidal, ugh! Humans! Life would be far less complicated if my dad hadn’t put those laws up about peace and let me tell you, my father is the last person to agree to peace he is only doing it to keep the truth and myth. If everyone knew people would try to kill us and when that didn’t work it would upset the delicate balance of humans to super natural creatures. I honestly don’t get it. They aren’t that special all they are good for is food. Call me racist I don’t care but if your not a vampire then I don’t like you, point blank.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you all think?