Children of the Night

This Can Only End Badly...

Image

It has never been easy for me, ever. I get so much rejection for being what I am; it’s really pathetic, half human and half faerie. I don’t fit in any where not with the faeries, not with the humans, and not even with the other half n’ half freaks, because I have these marks on my face that everyone who knows about them i.e. my mother, says they are special. I just want to be normal whether that be human or faerie I honestly don’t give a crap.

“Wyatt, sweetie it’s time for school!” my mother yelled from down the hall. I grabbed my back pack and ran down the stairs.

“Bye Ma,” I kissed her cheek and went out to my car

Getting to school was the best part of my day, everyone else flies to school but I prefer to stay on the ground, it’s the human in me; and I may or may not be able to fly. I go to a multi-creature school, that means faeries, werewolves, vampires together. No humans but I am the most human the school has, since I haven’t gotten my element yet. The school is a night to hide our selves from the human world.
The vampires don't like sunlight but they can go out in it, it just makes them very weak. The werewolves can change whenever but they like to change at night, so they run to school, while the vamps, get driven by they're very own personal drivers. Faeries are the weirdest we have special elemental powers and we can fly, but only during the night.

I pulled into the school's parking lot, the school was pretty much a hidden castle that know human has ever seen. There aren't many parking spaces in the front available because vampires take them up pretty fast but I was in luck today. I looked both ways before starting to pull into the space. A very dark looking car whizzed in past me and took my spot. I slammed on the brakes and smashed my fist into the steering wheel. Vampire obviously.

I then proceeded to park in the back like the good little half breed I was and then made my way to the school being tormented on the way by the landing fairies.

I successfully made it in to the school and to my locker in a record time of 20 minutes.

Let me explain my school in a quick way, we have three physical classes and three mental. Physical classes are like training and you have one offensive, one defensive, and a mixed. The offensive and defensive classes are with your own kind but mixed is with everyone. Mental classes are like strategy, business, and for faeries meditation.
Faeries are expected to keep the peace between the clashing vamps and wolves, and to do that we have to be able to change into our more magical sides fast and that takes complete relaxation. Meditation is my favorite because no one can talk which means I’m left alone for about an hour.

My first classes of the day were offensive and defensive, for faeries this means magic classes for my half breed self it means trying to get my natural element to show. I’m what you would call a late bloomer, since I’m half human I’m guessing; I haven’t gotten my element yet, I can tell I’m close though it could be any day now, or never. I’m almost eighteen, if I don’t get my element by then I’ll just be a useless human with wings that only come out at night, that don't even work right.

“Hey Wyatt, did your element come in yet?” Here it comes; Teresa was the biggest jerk of them all.

“Nope, still hasn’t,” I said trying to show that she wasn’t going to bother me.

“Well then I guess genetics are wrong guys, you don’t always get half of each of your parents genes, come on Wyatt even Chester is a stupid half breed and he got his element last year.” All the rest of them snickered.

“Just shut up Teresa, it’s not my fault that my parents are different, it’s not like I asked for it.” My anger has been building up for a while I’m just slightly proud of myself.

“Yeah you’re right, it’s too bad though, not even your human father asked for it. Now remind me again, he skipped out when he figured out what you and your mom were correct.” That’s it.

I felt the power collect in me I had never been so angry in my entire life, and just like that Teresa was suspended in the air as fire, water, and dirt were being flung at her from what looked like no where the water was around her head and the fire at her feet while the dirt made the water murky and thicker, the wind was spinning her around and I looked down to see that my skin was glowing like the spirit faeries. Holy shit I have all five elements!

“Wyatt! Wyatt! put her down now!” all the teachers were yelling and all the faeries were crying, except the rest of the half breeds who were applauding. Finally though I pulled my hands down and she collapsed on the floor the fire turned to ashes and the wind calmed the muddy water fell with her coating her heaving body in a thick muddy mess.

“Okay some one clean this up and we will forget all this ever happened. You deserved it Teresa, but if this happens again everyone will be punished. Class dismissed.” And the teacher took a very shaken up Teresa out of the classroom. Wow they thought people were helping me? What an ego blow, but as far as I'm concerned the less people knew the better no one has ever powered in more then two elements.

The next of my classes were all mental and I couldn’t even enjoy my meditation because everyone was still talking about it. The teacher kept getting upset and she wound up making everyone separate through out the room. This was different but I was finally able to relax right before the bell rang. Groaning I picked myself up and put away my floor mat.

Now I had my mixed class; vampires, werewolves and faeries fighting, most creatures love this class, except me; well I guess now I have no reason not to like it. I’m truly one of a kind; I could take on anyone, if I knew how to control them. What if I couldn't conjure them again, what if I can't fly? I was drawn out of my doubtful state by some new gossip filling the classroom.

“Did you hear, the vampire princess is here, they say she created a massacre and had to come here for hiding?”

“No, I heard that her mother tried to kill her, I don’t get why Dracula adopted a vampire, it doesn’t make any sense, but she’s smoking hot!”

At least the latest gossip wasn’t about me anymore. Maybe I can go on with out being noticed now and just blend in with the rest of the faeries now.

“Alright assignments,” everyone groaned this part took forever.

“Caleb Alistair Blair Stacy, and Ralph Johnson.” A few more groups were called then I heard the worst thing possible.

“Artemis Lupesco, Wyatt Mason, and... ” I was terrified of this,
Artemis was the best of the best in this class, maybe of her entire kind.

The teacher paused and looked around the classroom searching for the next victim that Artemis would tear apart.

Then the doors open and in walked the most wonderful looking creature I have ever seen in my entire life. She walked with an air of confidence surrounding her, their seemed to be a halo of light radiating off of her beautiful pale skin, and that smirk, it could destroy a man in a second if she so desired to.

"Camilla Vlad, so wonderful to have you in my classroom." The teacher said please in an abnormal nice voice. Miss. Scotts was the meanest teacher ever.

"Oh yeah, sorry I'm late," She looked up from inspecting her nails and looked me straight in the face before she continued, "I had to grab a little snack." She licked her fangs and then winked at me. My jaw just about dropped to the floor.

"That’s quite alright your highness you may join Ms. Lupesco, and Mr. Mason. Over on mat seven." She's the princess?!?!

No one hated vampires more then Artemis, and if the rumors are true Camilla hates any creature who isn't a vampire. I'm going to be caught in the middle of a blood bath.

The rest of the groups were done being called and I slowly made my way to the mat.

"What kind of school is this? I thought humans weren't allowed in?" Camilla said getting close to me and smelling the air.

It wouldn't be the first time some one ad mistaken me for a full human my faerie scent was weak. Vampires have a sickly sweet smell, werewolves a more musty, forest smell, and faeries smell like the sugary cereal that little human kids eat for breakfast. Being half human made me a very tasty treat for some one such as Camilla Vlad.

"He's not a human you blood sucking freak he's a half breed. So back off and let’s do this." Artemis seethed.

"Watch what you say mutt, I'm royalty. I pretty much own you."

"Ha, you own me? You wish! Just because you precious father is a power hungry bastard doesn't mean you own me. My ancestors made sure of that." Artemis was beyond pissed, there is nothing worse you can say to a werewolf then to tell them that they are some kind of spineless pet.

"Ladies lets just spar OK? No need to fight." I said calmly stepping in between them. Where I got the courage to do so I will never know.

"Stay out of this Wyatt!" Artemis pushed past me.

This can only end badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well sorry for the wait I (Courtney) was having major computer problems, but have no fear if we get some comments tonight then the next chapter will be up possibly tomorrow, or tonight depending on how desperate you are for it.
Comment x Subscribe.
-Nikki and Courtney.