Children of the Night

Don't I Deserve To Be Happy?

Telling Sam that I loved him was the best thing that I have done in a long time. We spent the whole day together, and the few hours of sleep that we got before school started, so neither one of us heard the rumors that were going around, and no one expected what would happen later that night...

After Sam and I kissed, we walked hand in hand to my house. My mom was out on a “lunch” date, and wouldn’t be back until we left for school. We were so happy that we forgot about what happened at the meeting and all about Jesse.

We were up stairs lying on my bed watching TV when it happened. Sam was looking at me, and I felt a strange tug on my heart. Suddenly, my heart was beating fast, and when it slowed, it matched the beat of his heart. We sat there, not knowing what just happened, but knowing that we had to have each other. Now. The feeling was so strong that I couldn’t resist it any longer. I wanted him. Bad. Sam pushed me onto my back and started kissing me. I could tell that he wanted me just as badly. We started making out, then clothes started coming off and falling to the floor. We couldn’t keep our hands off of each other. Soon, we were completely naked, and it was amazing! I’ve never felt so incredible in my life! It was better than changing! When we both reached the peak of our pleasure, I don’t know what caused us to do it but, we bit each other, and that made it so much more pleasurable! I cried out in pure pleasure and joy! Then our bodies glowed, and it was like we became one! I could see his eyes change, and I felt mine do the same. It was like seeing him for the first time, the true him.

When it was over, we both felt incredible! We laid down, breathing heavily, together. As I was lying on his chest and he was stroking my hair, I heard the last voice that I wanted to hear right now.

‘Well, are you happy know?’ Lucian said, a little angry.

‘Yes, yes I am. Do you want to know why? Because I am with the person that I love, and I couldn’t feel any better.’ I said smiling to myself.

‘Well, you have had a rare opportunity.’ He told me, ’you have imprinted with your soul mate, and now, no matter what, you two can never be separated.’

‘What?! How?!’

‘Well, that “tug” that you felt, was your soul connecting with his. Then when you two decided to, well, “do the do” as some would say, that started the imprinting process, and when you exchanged your blood, that made you two part of each other. Then when you two glowed, that sealed it forever, and only soul mates glow when they imprint.’

‘Wow, that’s… that’s… incredible! Now we can be together fore ever and not have to worry about anyone else getting in the way of how we truly feel!’ I was so happy that I almost cried out in joy!

‘You are forgetting one very important detail.’

‘And that would be…’

‘JESSE! Remember!’

‘Oh! Well, I’ve found, and imprinted, with my soul mate. I’ll just have to tell Jesse that I cannot be his “mate”.

‘That’s all dandy, but have you forgotten about the part where you cannot say no?! If you say no, there are going to be consequences!’

‘Like what?’ I thought unbelieving.

‘Like you could be kicked out of your pack, and will not be able to join any other pack, or worse, you could be killed!’

‘Then Sam and I will just run away, and start our own pack!’

‘Have you forgotten that Jesse has turned to the shadow, and wants to kill every night creature to make himself stronger?!’ Lucian said.

‘What about my happiness, doesn’t that mater at all?!’ I cried out desperately.

‘Of course it dose my child, but you have a responsibility that you have to do. You cannot be selfish right now. Some times, you have to sacrifice your own interests, to save others.’ Lucian said sadly reaching out to me.
It felt like his hands were caressing my cheek, and lifting my chin.

‘I know. I was just so happy… I understand. I will tell Sam in the morning, but can you please just let me enjoy the rest of the day? Please? I said sadly, as tears rolled down my cheek.

‘Of course…’ Lucian said as he faded away.
I couldn’t help but feel that he wanted to tell me something more. I thought about everything that was coming, and how I just wished that I could be a normal teenager as I drifted to sleep.

The next morning, as we were lying in bed, I told Sam what Lucian had told me the night before.

“I’m not willing to give you up now that I have you!” Sam said “I’ve waited for so long for you to come into my life, and now I’m just supposed to walk away like nothing happened?”

“You think that this is easy for me?! You think that I asked for this huge responsibility? No, I didn’t, but I can’t change that, and I can’t walk away from it. If I do, then thousands of our people will die. I can’t let that happen.” I said with tear filled eyes. “I love you, and I always will, but I have to do this. Trust me, I will never stop loving you, and once all of this is over, then we can be together, in the open, but right now, I can’t have Jesse finding out about us. He will come after you and kill you.”

At school, most of my classes went by fast; mostly because I was preoccupied thinking about everything Lucian told me, and about Sam. I didn’t know what I was going to do. There was just so much stress. I don’t know if I can do it.

At last, I was at my last class, which was my mixed class.

‘Finally,’ I thought, ‘I can let out some of my pent up stress and anger!’

But boy was I wrong. Just as I was walking over to my mat to join one of my sparing partners for the day, Wyatt, a half breed fairy, who really was not’t that bad of a guy, when I smelled the thing that was about to make my life much more complicated and stressful. Camilla Vlad: Dracula’s daughter; the most spoiled, bitchiest, horrible, thing to walk the planet, and of course, she was assigned to my mat. Things were not going to end well. I could tell by the way she looked at me. I wanted to rip her head off.

First, she has the never to insult Wyatt, then she just had to cross the line.
"Watch what you say mutt, I'm royalty. I pretty much own you." She said as if I were a common slave.

"Ha, you own me? You wish! Just because you precious father is a power hungry bastard doesn't mean you own me. My ancestors made sure of that." I said trying to control my self from lunging at her and ripping her head off.

"Ladies lets just spar OK? No need to fight." Wyatt chimed in.

"Stay out of this Wyatt!" I said angrily. If he didn’t want to get hurt, then he would.
We were fighting for a good five minutes when I almost lost control. I have never been so mad that I couldn’t control my change. Something about her… it just made me want to lash out and break something. Like her face! But before I got the chance, I was lifted into the air, and couldn’t move.

Then I heard Ms. Scotts shout, "Put them down! This has gone on long enough, all three of you to the principle's office! Right now!"

“Great.” I said. ‘Just what I need, more stress.’
We didn’t make it to the principal’s office though. About half way there, before I even had any time to react, someone shot me with a dart. As I was fighting sleep, I heard Camilla scream, and van doors closing. When I woke up, I was surprised to see what I saw. Jesse was sitting on the side of my bed.

“What the hell is going on?! Where am I?!” I said drowsily.

“Shh…” Jesse said. “You are safe, and so is the half breed and the Vampire princes. There is no need to worry.”

“No need to worry? You kid napped us! Why?!” I asked angrily.

“It had to be done.” Jesse told me, trying to comfort me.

"What do you mean, it had to be done? You’re not making any sense! They are going to wonder where we are! Especially the bratty vampire princess!" I screamed jerking away from him.

"Listen to me Artemis, do you honestly think that I would harm you in any way? That I would lie to you about this? Well I wouldn't. We need the three of you. And as your alpha, and future mate, you better start listening to me and stop being so disrespectful." Jesse said as he slapped me across the face.

"Well it’s a damn good thing I can't say no, because I would never willingly be your mate! Beside you already are hurting me! You killed my father, and guess what, I imprinted with Sam, I love him, and I will never love you! But you’re such a fucking jerk because now I can’t be with him, and you don’t even care! You say you want the best for me, but that’s not true! You want what’s best for you, and what will make you look good! You’re such a fucking pig!" I screamed wanting to hit him so badly.

Just then, princess bitch busted through the door.

"What the hell is going on in here? Where are we? And if I don't get some blood in the next minute some one is going to die!" She said, as her eyes were turning red with hunger.

Before I could say anything, Wyatt came through the door to my left, and before I could even think, Camilla ran and jumped on him, knocking him to the floor as she bit into his neck. I reacted quickly when Wyatt screamed out in surprise and pain. I ran over to them as fast as I could, and I ripped her off of him by her hair, and threw her across the room. I picked up Wyatt to see if he was OK, when she came back, and jumped on to my back. The hunger was over whelming her.

“Some one go find her some blood now! Before she kills someone!” I yelled as I flipped her over my shoulder and pinned her down.
After we got Camilla her blood, everyone was sitting around. Wyatt asked the first question.

“Where are we?”

“Yeah, that’s a good question.” Camilla said.

“Why don’t you tell them Jesse?” I said staring at him pissed off.

“OK, fine. Follow me, and we will answer your questions.” Jesse said standing up.

“What do you mean “we”? We all asked.

“Just follow me.” Jesse said as he started walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, I went on vacation with my family.
so, what do you think? comment and subscribe please!
~ Nikki and Courtney