Children of the Night

How Bad Can It Get?

The last thing i remember when i woke up, was that Camilla and Artemis were fighting, Ms. Scotts got mad and made us go to the principals office. All I know is that we didn't make it to his office. I remember that someone shot Artemis, drugged Camilla, and grabbed me. Its really all just a big blur, so I don't know how it happened.

I woke up in a room that was made of stone, and it was cold. I tried used fire to warm myself so that I could get up, but it wouldn't work. I need to learn how to control them. I heard people talking, and it sounded like they were in the room next to me, but i couldn't be sure. They were arguing about something, and I could make out that it was a girl and a guy, but as far as what they were saying, I couldn't tell. Then I heard the sound of heavy wooden doors getting busted open. I was getting curious, and despite how scared i was, i went to see what was going on.

When I got into the room, I saw Artemis standing near a guy that I haven't seen before, and that Camilla had broken the door down. I was just about to ask what was going on when I saw Camilla running towards me. Before I could even think to move out of her way, she jumped on me, knocking me to the floor, then I felt a sharp piercing pain in my neck. I screamed out in both surprise and pain. Next thing I know, Artemis yanked her off of me and threw her across the room. I almost passed out from the pain, but then I felt a weird tingling sensation and when I felt my neck, the holes were gone! All that was left was a few drops of blood. I must have used spirit to heal my self! I really need to learn how to control this.

After all of the excitement, when Camilla finally got her blood, we were all sitting around the room, silently staring at each other. I asked the first question.

"Where are we?"

"Yeah, that's a good question." Camilla said angrily.

"Why don't you tell them Jesse?" Artemis said staring at him with a pissed off expression.

"OK, fine. Follow me, and we will answer your questions." the guy Artemis called Jesse said.

"What do you mean we?" All of us asked confused.

"Just follow me" Jesse said as he started walking out of the room.

We all got up and followed him down a long hallway. At the end of the hall, was a big set of oak doors that led into a huge chamber with a long table in the middle. The table seemed to go on forever. Jesse led us to the far end, and the walk seemed to last forever. When we got to the end of the table, I was shocked at what I saw. My mother was sitting next to Camilla's dad, Dracula. Jesse motioned us to sit down, and then he took his seat on the other side of Dracula.

"Mom...?" I said confused. "What's going on?"

"Well... I don't know if I am the right person to explain it. I don't even know completely what is going on." My mom said uncertain.

"Well, some one better explain quick, because I want to know what is going on." Camilla said a little demanding.

"Camilla, mind your tongue. You will know as soon as we are ready to tell you, and when we think you are ready." Dracula told her warningly.

"With all do respect, we have a right to know why we are here. You kidnapped us, and brought us to... where exactly are we?" Artemis asked.

"Were at a castle that has been around longer than anyone, even me. We are at Castle Figaro's. A castle that is hidden away from everyone. The only people that know about it are the people that are here in the castle." Dracula told us.

We all sat in silence for a few minutes, as we took in the new information. I couldn't believe that we were kidnapped, by our parents no less, and taken to a castle that nobody knows about, that is hidden away from everyone.

"Well, are you going to tell us what we are doing here?" Artemis asked impatiently.

"You will be respectful and wait until you are spoken too, when you speak to us!" Jesse said raising his voice to Artemis.

"Its OK Jesse. She is right. They do have the right to know. After all, it is all about them." Dracula said looking at Artemis thoughtfully. "You remind me so much of your father. He was a good man, and a good friend."

"You didn't know my father." Artemis said surprised.

"Oh, but I did. We worked on the treaty together, and we became friends because we worked so closely on deciphering prophecy together. When you and Camilla were born with your marks, we began meeting in secret to discus your futures, but we soon became close friends. It is a shame that he died." Dracula told her, his voice filled with sorrow.

"Oh you cant be serious!" Camilla said unbelieving. "You want me to believe that you were friends with a dog!?"

"I have heard enough! I am sick and tired of you treating us like we are common mutts! I will not sit here and let you talk about me or anyone else like that! Especially my father!" Artemis yelled across the table. She was shaking and her eyes started to change colors.

"You're just mad because its true." Camilla said acting like she owned her.

"CAMILLA! That is enough! you have to learn to get along. You cannot be fighting like this!" Dracula yelled. "Now, as for why you are here, you three have been chosen. Camilla, you by the kiss of death on your shoulders, Artemis, you by the kiss of light by your ears, and last but not least, you Wyatt, by the kiss of wisdom on your face."

"The kiss of what?" We all asked at the same time.

"Let me explain." Dracula said. "Long ago, before the three ancient ones died, they saw the coming threats, and decided that each would place a special kiss upon one of the three that they saw fit. Three that shared their beliefs and ways of life. The first was the wise one, whom all the others sought for guidance. Then the Dark one, whom everyone sought to get even with someone who wronged them. Then came the Golden one, who cared for all that was living and pure." Dracula finished looking around the table at all of us in turn.

None of us knew what to say. I sat in shock as I learned the true nature of why I was different. I looked at my mom, who was just sitting there. I don't think she knew any of this either. I was pretty sure that the only one who knew was Dracula. though I suspected Jesse did too by his lack of surprise.

"Why are we just learning about this now?" Artemis asked slowly.

"You were all too young and inexperienced to know before. Now that you have come of age, we have decided that it is time for you to know about your true destinies. Also, we have noticed increasing amounts of unexplained things going on lately, and we believe that some one has awakened an ancient evil. We believe that it is time that you three learned about the prophesy that you are all a part of."

"We know about the prophesy all ready." Camilla said.

"You do not know the details of it though. You only know what you have been told." Dracula then proceeded to explain to us what he could of the prophesy.
"That is all I can tell you right now. We don't want to give you more than you can handle. Especially since you are all just finding out." Dracula told us. "Ramsey will show you to your rooms, where you will be staying for the month. After you all get settled, he will show you to the dining hall, where dinner will be served. After tomorrow, you will get briefed on what you will be doing here as far as training and school work." Dracula Finished and we all got up to leave. "One more thing," He said making us all stop and turn to him. "absolutely no leaving the castle or the castle grounds under any circumstances." He said looking at mostly Camilla and Artemis.

Well, how bad can it get? Two people that pretty much hate each other, and a fairy that cant control his powers living, and training under the same roof, learning a bunch of new stuff about some ancient prophesy that the three of us are supposed to fulfill, and no one is allowed to leave. Yep, this is going to be one unforgettable experience.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now were getting more into the reason why everything is as it is.
-Poll-
Should Camilla get an attitude check?
Yes or No?
Who do you think will break the rules first?
Camilla, Artemis, or Wyatt?
What is Jesse up to?
You tell us...
-Nikki & Courtney.