Children of the Night

Did That Really Just Happen?

After Ramsey had taken me too my room I had Aidan make another blood run for me, I’m stressed as hell; and we all know what that means, my thirst increases.

Which reminds me I have to apologize to Wyatt, even if that means showing that I can be a caring person. You wouldn’t believe this but I haven’t always been a bitch. There was a point in my life where I could live with the fact that people loved me. Until I found out how wrong I was. My mother doesn’t even like me, she regrets me, a mistake. My father is just in it for the prophecy he could care less about my feelings, and everyone else just uses me to get in good with my father. Aidan being the exception I can be myself around him, he doesn’t judge, and he didn’t even care that I accidentally turned him. He just said “Now we can be friends for ever.”

If only I knew if I would live forever. I’ve grown up just like everyone else; there is no one to compare me too. I’m the only born vampire. Pressure much?

“Hey, here’s your O neg.” Aidan said entering the room and throwing me two blood bags, definitely not enough, but for now it will do.

“Thanks A.” I said ripping the top off of bag one with my fangs.

“No problem C.” He said teasingly.

“So I guess I should apologize to Wyatt huh?” I said after I had a half of the bag down.

“Wow you’re growing up, I didn’t even have to tell you to do the right thing this time.” He smirked and I knew that was the last of it. I would go because 1, I wanted to be nice for once. And 2, Aidan would be proud, and 3, being a bitch is tiring work. Ten minutes later I had finished bag number two and I was ready to go apologize. I purposely took a long time drinking so I could work up the nerve.

I swear though if he winds up using me like the rest of them I will never be a nice person ever again, and he and his delicious blood will regret it.

Walking down the long hallway I finally reached his room. I knocked twice.

“Come in.” I heard a muffled answer. I slowly turned the knob and pushed it open. I low creaking noise filled the dull silence. That’s when I saw him. He was shirtless and in bed with a pillow over his face. But that’s not why I’m here, stay focused Camilla.

“Um hi,” He said removing the pillow. He was blushing and that just reminded me of how good he tasted. So I covered my mouth and nose.

“I uh, I just want to err, say that uh I’m sorry for biting you today.” I wasn’t sure if he could hear me or not threw my hand and my enlarged fangs.

My suspicions were true, “Do I smell bad or something? I can’t hear what your saying.”
I held my breath. 1, 2, 3.

“No, no, you smell really good,” Another pause. “But I can’t talk to you here, can you go outside with me?” I gestured towards the door, and then covered my mouth again.

“Were not leaving the castle grounds are we?” He said putting a sweater over his deliciously ripped body. Ahem, I mean putting a sweater on.

“No, just a walk around the castle.” I said already through the door. I don’t know what it is about his scent that drives me completely crazy, but it does and it feels as if every fiber of my being is threatening tear apart and drink into Wyatt Mason is no more; but I’d like to think that I have more control then that. Whether or not that is true I will never know and that is because we had made it out of the castle and the fresh night air mixed with his scent and made him less intoxicating.

“Alright, can you talk now?” He questioned. I gazed at his neck for nearly a second, and he took a step back.

“Relax, I’m not that hungry, my bite marks are gone is all,” I felt worried, what if he did not believe me, that I was not being completely sincere. What if he thought I was just trying to get a quick snack with out interruptions, oh the monster that my father has created!

“That’s um, not very reassuring,” He looked towards the castle gates. “Why did you do it?” He whispered, too a human that whisper would have been inaudible but I heard it crystal clear, and he turned back around and looked into my eyes.

I took in another deep breath, “That’s actually what I wanted to talk about, you see the thing is, is that I hadn’t eaten since before we were creature-napped and in highly stressful events I become ravenous; and your blood, it was calling to me.

“Sugary sweet like a bowl of an insanely sugary cereal, and mixed with human blood, it was the,” I almost choked on my fangs. So I turned around and ran my cold fingers along the rocky walls of the castle as I walked, expecting him to follow. “It was the most wonderful thing I have ever drank; and for that, I am sorry. I lost control. Hell, I lost myself.” I stopped walking along the wall.

And then he was standing in front of me. “Why are you so different now, your normally,” I knew what he was going to say, how did I let myself get so far gone, was I truly this heartless bitch I made everyone see? “Not nice, why are you apologizing?”

“You know I knew it, I built up these walls, I’ll never be able to climb over them, just know I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to, it won’t happen again.” I said swiftly turning to walk away. I got about three steps.

“Camilla wait!” I felt his hand strongly grab my upper arm spinning me around.

“I didn’t mean to upset you, I just, I thought you know were a mean person, your always fight with everyone else, and your father,” He was getting to me, Camilla Vlad does not feel emotions. Camilla Vlad does not care about anything.

“I’ve been in my room for the past couple of hours trying to figure out why you did it, and why I felt as if I almost, kind of, um enjoyed it.” A thick blush lined his cheeks and the tips of his ears. I had to get out of here, too much.

My fangs started growing as he moved closer, no, I can’t do this, I’ll kill, I won’t be able to stop. His face was so closed to mine, I breathed in his scent fire brewing in the pit of my stomach. He will die, foolish boy.

A sound of feet hitting the roof of the castle not far from us snapped me out of my intoxicated trance. I moved away just in time to see. Artemis Leap from the castle wall to the ground changing in between.

He white fur seemed to glow under the moon and she effortless jumped the moat and then the castle gate. Breaking the one rule we had at the moment. And everyone thought I would be the one to break it.

“Did that just happen?” I asked bewildered.

“I think so,” The moment was broken, I would not give in now. Wyatt would not die tonight, but I can not promise that he will live forever.

“I um have to go, and really, this cannot happen again; I am sorry.” I am no longer sorry for biting him earlier, I am sorry that he enjoyed it.

I then turned and ran as fast as I could down to the kitchen. On arrival I threw open the fridge labeled blood and grab as many as I could. I ripped bag after bag, taking it in as fast as I could. I was a mess. How could I let myself get this out of control. For once in my entire life, I was ashamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its late updates should be coming a little bit more frequently.
-Courtney(cookiexlove)