Status: Been very busy with school so I'll be having a hard time updating.

Three For One

The Masked Prince

I remembered one time, when I was a kid, my parents brought me to a masquerade party. That was the first time I was awed by men and women wearing mask of different sizes, shapes and colors. I noticed that others were hiding their real identity and tell lies. I was amazed in the way they make people believe in them. This made me realize that lying is the only way I could escape this contract. I hope that my fiancee would forgive. Maybe, she could also change my mind.

"Hey! Wake up!" Honey told Chris.

Chris was surprised and also alarmed to see Honey sitting beside him. He remembered that he is in a famous fast food restaurant, waiting for Honey. He touched his face and felt his mask.

"Don't worry, I didn't take it off." Honey assured him.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I want the burger meal number 3 but large fries and drinks."Honey said while handing him money.

Chris just looked at the money on his palm. Honey giggled.

"If you also want to buy something, go ahead. I don't mind." Honey said.

"That's not it."

"What is it?"

"Why did you call my father and told him that I should meet you here?"

"Tell you later. Let's eat first."

Chris glared at her and walked away. After a few minutes, he came back with a tray of food. He put the tray on the table and gave Honey back her money.

“I got it. Don’t worry.” Chris told her.

Honey frowned at him then sighed.

“Fine. If that’s what you want.” Honey said.

“What do you want?”

“What’s on your mind?”

Chris glared at her.

“You have the three of us as your fiancees and you said you’re going to choose which one of us will be your official fiancee, right? How will you do that? Crissy’s birthday is only 5 months away.”

“5 months?”

“Right!”

“It’s a long time.”

“How will you pick? We have an agreement, right?”

“I’ll date each one of you. We’ll see who will I like.”

“Okay.”

“You don’t have any regrets?”

“I don’t.”

“Why? You could have run away like what our parents did.”

“I love my grandfather. If this is what he wants, then I don’t mind.”

“What about your fairytale world? Don’t girls dream to have prince beside them and live happily ever after?”

“I don’t believe in happy endings.”

“So you don’t care if I would marry you even if you don’t have feelings for me.”

“Right. I know this would happen to a stubborn girl like me.”

“You’re not planning to run away?”

“No. I just want to be friends with you. That’s all.”

“Friends? Look at me! Do you think you can trust me? I’m wearing this mask so you would
not see my face.”

“I don’t care if you would not want me to see your face. It’s because you’re my fiancee that’s why I should trust you.”

“If that’s what you want then we’re friends.”

“I have a favor to ask you.”

“What?”

“You have to tell me the truth.”

Chris just froze when Honey asked the truth.

“I think that now that we’re friends, we should trust each other and tell the truth.”

“I can only tell you some but not all.”

“That’s fine with me and I want another favor from you.”

“What is that?”

“Trust me.”

Chris gazed at Honey and noticed that she is serious. He felt his blood rushed to his face.

“You. You can count on that.” Chris told her.

Chris looked at his food and took some of her fries.

“Hey! That’s mine!” Honey said.

“I paid this.” Chris said and grinned.

Honey glared at him but she also smiled.

“That’s good!” Paula said.

Chris and Honey were surprised to see Paula and Crissy sitting next to them.

“What are you doing here?” Chris and Honey asked in chorus.

Paula was surprised then tried to walk away but Crissy stopped her when she saw Honey showing her 100 pesos.

“Tell me, Crissy.” Honey asked as she handed Crissy the money.

“I don’t know.” Crissy said.

Chris noticed what’s going on then gave Crissy 200 pesos.

“Paula followed you after you talked to Mr. Tan. She asked me to come with her for 50 pesos and spy on you. She thinks that you’re going on a date with him.” Crissy said.

“Crissy, you traitor!” Paula told her.

“So what? I have 350 pesos.” Crissy said.

“Fine. Here is 500 pesos. Buy what you want.” Chris said then handed Crissy the money.

“Can I keep the change?” Crissy asked with gleaming eyes.

Honey glared at Crissy while Chris nodded. Crissy and Paula went away.

“Looks like you’re going to date us all today.” Honey said.

“Yeah. Next time, we’ll be alone.” Chris said.

Honey nodded.

Chris looked at Honey as she took a bite on her burger.

“This girl has a lot of surprises. Maybe one day, she might change my mind. I think that’s possible.” Chris thought then bite his burger.