Complete Opposites

embarrassing as it is

Will liked hanging out with his beloved girlfriend, Amanda. It was without doubt that he enjoyed her presence.

Yes, it was undeniable that he liked being around his precious girlfriend.

But what made him ponder about Amanda was Sydney and-for him-that was the sickest, most twisted and insane thing that could happen in the universe, unfortunately it got worse.

Will was weirded out that he actually liked Sydney. It was ironic. He hated her, but alas he enjoyed spending time with her.

Maybe it was just plain irony or maybe it was just now that he realized why many enjoyed being with Sydney.

Of course, he chose to stick with the first choice which meant that it was all just irony playing an evil melancholic game.

But, Will was unlucky regarding games. Well, truth is, he was always unlucky regarding anything.

Image

Sydney Harlow was lucky.

Indeed, she was very lucky. When she was unfortunately thrown out of her ‘house’-which she rented- Sydney was lucky to have spotted her loving sister, Amanda.

She was so lucky, it was weird that she didn’t join any games that involved luck and such.

With her cunning ability and sheer luck, Sydney bombarded into her sister’s life without any caution.

Sydney’s luck was astonishing that when at the peek of her so called ‘bonding time’ with the very beautiful and serene mother nature, Will appeared to her dismay and asked her to have a great time with him at a bar.

Yes, feel the sarcasm dropping in each word.

But as any wild reckless person would react to the word ‘trash’ or ‘crash’, who could reject poor Will.

Will was unlucky, yes, she knew that.

And she knew with that with his luck he wouldn’t have a chance of having a great time at any bar he went.

That’s where Sydney came in.

She came to help poor ignorant Will to have the time of his futile and boring life.

Image

William laughed like he never laughed in his life.

“What’s so funny?” Sydney asked bitterly and childishly, it was funny because it was so out of her character.

“Your-your answer!” He stammered while laughing, accidentally blurting the words out loudly because he just had to reply to Sydney.

“And what’s wrong with my answer?” She huffed, slightly pouting at him.

He blushed at the sight of her pouting like a child and didn’t reply.

“What? Tell me! What’s wrong with that?!”

Will was somewhat… intrigued and shocked at how she asked him. It was as if he questioned him on a more philosophical matter rather than just asking him for the fun of asking.

“Nothing.” He whispered, blinking like a moron.

Sydney frowned, but not facing Will, and didn’t reply. Will instantly apologized “Sorry” he murmured.

To break the queer and uneasy silence that had formed, Will decided to stand up and say something to her. “I have… a confession.” This time, he caught Sydney’s full attention so she stared at him, waiting to continue.

“This is embarrassing as it is, but I’ll admit it. I like your presence.”

Silence overtook both of them, even though the dance floor music was still well heard.

Finally, Sydney chuckled and replied. “Nice one Evans.” She always called him ‘Evans’ when she insulted him, laughed at him or mocked at him. In this case, she was simply laughing at him. “Very Funny.”

“Very Funny indeed.” She repeated stopping herself from laughing too much. Will was confused, “Uhm, what?” He had the right to know what she found amusing or entertaining with his choice of words.

“You think I’ll say ‘I feel the same for you’ and you’ll simply say that I’ll regret ever saying that.” She laughed, happily.

Will smiled, Sydney was cunning and always thought of a way to get out of these awkward situations.

Maybe, Will thought.

That was the reason. Maybe, it was.

Image

Sydney and Will had a great time and a fun time with each other it was almost funny that they were enemies-as Will had put into mind.

Will thought, that maybe… Just maybe, they had established friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
.the.inevitable.insanity.of.yours.truly: I apologize for updating late, but it’s because no one comments. Seriously, please comment. Have mercy and say what you love or hate about this story.