Complete Opposites

the close goodbye

Sydney Harlow was sick.

She was, indeed, very sick. No, that wasn’t even half of it all.

Sydney wasn’t just sick. She was very sick.

In fact, she wasn’t just extremely sick.

The truth was, she was dying.

Image

“Are you even listening to me?” Amanda glared at her sister, to be specific, her stepsister.

In a dazed expression Sydney stared slowly at her sister. “Of course.” She partially lied. She was half aware of what her sister said, but at the same time her brain couldn’t register most of her sister’s words.

Amanda frowned, slightly disgusted at her sisters nonchalance. “You were ranting and asking me when I’d leave.” Sydney proved that she was somewhat listening.

“Well?” Her sister was always impatient when it was about Sydney’s departure.

“Hmm?” Surely, Sydney knew that her sister was agitated. But that was the whole point of annoying her.

“Your answer?! What is it?” Her voice high, but she was still containing her irritation. “Well…” The petite blond pondered titling her head slightly and gazing to a window near her.

“I’d have to say soon.”

“How soon?” Amanda’s eyes twinkled as her head was filled with thoughts of her sister eternally part from her life.

“Very soon.” Then, as it had always been, she left the trailer.

But just how long was ‘very soon’?

Image

Amanda squirmed thinking that her sister was plainly lying deliberately to get her hopes up and destroy her epic fantasy.

Yes, though it sounded stupid, it could be possible.

Since Sydney was a flawless liar-that she constantly compared to a demon-, it was very possible.

“Will?” She questioned. Will gave him a confused look then she proceeded. “Do you really think that Syd’s going to leave?”

“If she said so.” Will was still mad at Amanda. Not only because she was unusually shallow, but also because she was so blinded with her fantasies that she neglected her own sister.

Then without warning, with more malice and hatred, her voice dripped like venom. “I hope she does leave.”

Will couldn’t help gawk.

This was the girl he had fancied for all these years. But as she said those awful words, he was disgusted.

She just wasn’t the person he knew anymore.

With that, he realized that he had fallen out of love.

He was definitely not in love with Amanda Harlow.

Image

“Are you really leaving?”

There Sydney sat at her usual place-the couch-playing PSP childishly to kill time. “Hmm?”

“Well, are you?” He asked calmly.

“Of course.”

Will blinked. Never had he heard Sydney be so blunt and exact to the point. Her usual replies were ‘of course not, idiot’ or ‘that doesn’t concern you’.

“Do you really have to?” He asked, stupidly.

“Yes.” She mumbled, not looking at him, her eyes still at the PSP.

“Why?”

Now that caught Sydney’s attention.

“What?” Now was her time to be bewildered.

“Why do you have to go?”

“Stop being a sappy cow, I know you really want me out. But to answer your question, I’m going away because I have to.”

“Right. You have to go because?” He suddenly had the urge to ask her millions and millions of questions.

“Just because.”

Will looked ridiculously at her. “It’s just out of whim.” She whispered, chuckling slightly.

He frowned. That was her reason? He thought that maybe, just maybe, she had a better deeper meaning why she was leaving.

“Do you really just want to go?”

“I’d be lying if I said I do, but it’s not like I have a choice. I just have to.” Will blushed slightly, maybe-just maybe- Sydney Harlow wasn’t that shallow.
♠ ♠ ♠
.the.inevitable.insanity.of.yours.truly: yes, that was short. Second, gahhh. I’m sick. Don’t kill me.