When You're Fifteen

Chapter 9

Image

Chapter 9

I stood on the bench in front of my and Joe's locker.

Nick and Maura walked up looking confused. "What was so important that we had to get here at seven o'clock?" Nick asked.

I jumped off the bench and stood in front of them.

"You are looking at the two-thousand six to twothousand-nine Varsity Cheer Captain!" I exclaimed.

Maura squealed while Nick rolled his eyes smiling. "Congrats Elissa!" she said.

"Congratulations." Nick said giving me a hug.

"I can't wait until you guys go to your practices tonight." I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I heard Joe asked behind mean.

"Nothing. But guess what?" I asked.

"Hm what?" Joe asked as he placed a kiss to my cheek.

"I'm the new Varsity cheer captain!" I said excitement in my voice.

Joe smiled pressing a kiss to my lips. "Congratulations babe." he said after he pulled away.

I smiled hugging him. "You want to celebrate after school? We can go to that new diner that just opened." Joe offered.

I nodded. "I'll meet you there?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have to go. Mr. A wanted to discuss who's taking my place next year." Joe said.

"Ok, I'll see you later." I said leaning over and kissing him good-bye before walking to Nick and Maura.

-----

I sat at Red's Cafe the new Diner in town.

I hadn't seen Joe all day and I didn't know why.

Glancing at my cell phone again, I realized Joe was an hour late.

I stopped the waiter and ordered myself some dinner.

Eating, I wiped the tears that fell down my cheeks off and tried not to start sobbing in the diner.

I called my mom to come pick me up and she did saying nothing as I drove us home.

------

I sat on the bench in front of our lockers books in my lap as I continued to wipe the never-ending tears.

"Elissa what's wrong?" Elizebeth asked as she detached herself from Nick.

"Joe stood me up last night." I said breathing deeply.

I looked up at Nick but then looked away. "He wasn't home last night. He said he was meeting up with you." he said.

"He never showed up." I said sniffling.

"I'm sorry Elissa." Nick said quietly sitting on my other side.

I leaned into him crying into the crook of his neck as Elizebeth rubbed soothing circles into my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nick Jonas decided to finally make his solo album when the songs he was writing weren't fit for the Jonas Brothers
woo
i'm back!!