When You're Fifteen

Chapter 6

Image

Elissa’s P.O.V
I sat on my bed with Joe and Nick sitting on either sides of me. Maura Kevin Frankie David and Elizabeth sat on the floor in front of us.

I currently had Nick’s present on my lap and was reading the card his mother had bought for me.

In it? 20 dollars. Thank You Mama Jonas!

I put the card back in the envelope and set it on my nightstand.

I looked at Nick before taking out the tissue and finding a velvet box in the bottom of the bag.

I grabbed the box and opened it. In this velvet box was a silver band with ‘True Love Waits’ engraved in it.

“Aw thank you Nick!” I said pulling Nick into a hug and giving him a peck on the cheek.

“You’re welcome.” Nick said returning the hug.

“My present next Elissa.” Frankie said jumping out of Kevin’s lap and handing me a wrapped box.

I tore off the paper and took off the lid. In the box was a husky webkinz.

“I love it Frankie. Thanks.” I said hugging him and ruffling his hair.

“Happy birthday babe.” Joe said giving me a kiss on the cheek and handing me his present.

I opened it to find an orange iPod nano. “Aw thank you Joe!” I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Kevin gave me his present which was a L.A. dodger’s hat, Elizabeth got me a new straightener Maura and David made me a chocolate cake.

As the day proceeded on we went to the mall and ran around like dorks. That is until we got kicked out for the day.

Kevin took Frankie and David home.

It was getting late and I was falling asleep in Joe’s arms as we watched the SAW movies I and II.

“Hey let’s go to bed.” Joe said picking me up and settling me on the pull out bed since we were on the floor.

I looked over at my friends who happened to be so intrigued in the movie to pay attention to us. I noticed Nick’s arm was around Elizabeth’s shoulders and their hands we laced. Did they like each other? Then Nick leaned down and kissed Elizabeth I soon had my answer. So cute!

I drifted to sleep as Joe sang a whispered lullaby.

[Maura’s P.O.V]
I woke up with a start as a scream came from the television.

I looked around at my surroundings.

Elizabeth and Nick were still watching SAW II, Nick and Elizabeth’s hands were laced together and Elizabeth’s head was on Nick’s shoulder.

I looked around and didn’t see either Joe or Elissa. I saw the pull-out bed was out and I saw two pairs of feet underneath the blankets.

I giggled as I though about Nick’s Elizabeth’s and my plans/ We knew Joe and Elissa would fall asleep first. So we decided to give Joe a new haircut.

A bowl cut to be exact.

Nick and Elizabeth looked at me, both separating quickly after realizing I was awake.

I ignored them. “Are we still following through with our plans?” I asked. “Yeah, Elizabeth remembered the scissors.” Nick said.

“Yeah, I’ll get them out of Eli’s room.” Elizabeth said as she ran up the basement stairs.

After I was sure she was out of ear shot…

“So you and Elizabeth eh?” I asked

Nick rubbed the back of his neck nervously, a sign that he had just been caught. “I guess, I mean she said she was scared, and her left hand was on my knee so I grabbed it. And when no one was watching I kissed her. I really like her.” Nick rambled.

“Are you going to ask her out?” I asked. “Probably not. I have a crush on someone else too but maybe.” he said looking over in Elissa’s and Joe’s direction.

That’s when it hit me. Nick liked Elissa! But that’s not right! Because Nick and Elissa are best friends. I’m jumping to conclusions.

Before I was able to antagonize Nick about Elissa, Elizabeth walked in. “Anything interesting happen while I was gone?” Elizabeth asked.

“Nope. Come on let’s do this.” I said moving closer to the bed.

We cut Joe’s hair and only once did he move to pull Elissa closer to his body. Joe really cared for her. I was really glad they were together.

I yawned as our plan was done. “Let’s go to bed.” Elizabeth said as she grabbed Nick’s hand and dragged him to a spot on the floor.

I rolled my eyes before snuggling into my sleeping bag and falling into dreamland.

*The Next Morning* [still Maura’s P.O.V]
“What happened to my hair?” Joe asked more like exclaimed. I giggled trying to keep quiet.

“Maura Anne Johnson! Did you have something to do with this?” Joe yelled waking up Elizabeth and Nick….BUSTED

“N-No.” I said stifling my giggles. One side of Joe’s hair was long because he was sleeping on that side. The other was short.

“It was Kevin and Frankie.” I stated. “They’re on the other side of town.” Joe said.

Elissa sat up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. “What happened?” she asked her eyes wide with shock.

“Maura cut my hair in the middle of the night.” Joe said.

I sighed. “Fine, I just wanted to show Joe what will happen if he ever hurts you.” I confessed.

Elissa forgave me Joe didn’t. “I’m sorry Joe.” I said Elissa cut the rest of Joe’s hair so it was even and it was still somewhat long. It actually looked like he just got it trimmed.

“It’ll grow back. Babe I promise.” Elissa said kissing him on the cheek.

Joe gave me a dirty look before getting up and changing out of his pajamas.

Note to Self: Don’t Do It Again
♠ ♠ ♠
Nick Jonas wrote S.O.S in fifteen minutes after a date went terribly wrong. He never thought it would be a hit

comments??