The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 1

"I'm on a boat!" Alex rapped along to a cd in my car.

I shook my head smiling.

"Alex, you're in a mustang," I said, looking out my window. Alex insisted he had to drive us to Fueled By Ramen records. In my car. Because his wasn't fancy enough. What is it with guys and Mustangs?

"Shhh, non-believer. I'm on a boat...with Andy Samburg!"

"Psh, if anyone's on a boat with Andy Samburg, I am!" I said smiling. He looked over at a stop light.

"Girls just don't get it," He said, looking back to the road smiling. He turned into the parking lot.

"What do I not get?" I asked, getting out of the car. He locked it and threw me the keys.

"How guys feel about stuff," He said, walking to my side of the car. We started our walk to the office.

"Like what?"

"Like how we don't like to carry your bags, or buy you coffee every time we see you. We don't have money to throw around," He said.

"That was the most randomest conversation change I have ever heard. I said nothing about getting coffee or carrying shopping bags."

"What about you, me, coffee, this weekend?" He asked, stopping in his tracks, looking down at me.

"Oh, Alex you're asking me on a date...how cute," I said smiling up at him and pinching his cheeks,"Okay, It'd be fun."

He smiled down and I smiled back up at him. Continuing the walk we talked and I thought about Alex.

I've liked him for years, and the feelings get more and more each time I see him. I think I might actually like him in that way, but I'm not sure.

"You okay?" He asked, reaching the door and placing his hand on the door handle.

"Yep, you ready?" I asked smiling up at him.

"Ready as possible," he said, opening the door and gesturing me to walk through first. I nodded a thanks and walked into the lobby of the office. I heard the door snap shut behind me and Alex came behind me and stood, looking down at me.

"Wow," we both said, at different thngs obviously. I looked up, a nervous look in my eyes. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly before walking over to the main desk. I started to look around at the wall. It had a giant picture of Fall Out Boy. At this point, Alex came over and had the papers and such.

"Well, might as well get this over with so we can get back to the boat," He said, making me giggle. We walked to the elevator and went to the 3rd floor. I looked around as I saw more of the wall posters of Paramore, The Academy Is, and Panic at The Disco. I couldn't believe that we were here.

We found the correct office and looked at each other, Alex smiled, then knocked.

"Come in," someone said, behind the door. I walked in and saw the infamous Adam and the president, John. Looked like Evan was there too.

"Oh, hello. You are Kylie and Alex, right,"

"Yes, we are," Alex said, confident.

"Well, you guys made the label. You're going on Warped."

"Warped....tour!" I said, smiling.

"Now, you're more excited about Warped than making the label?" Evan said laughing.

"I thought they kinda, coincided...you know, went hand in hand?" I said laughing back. Alex stiffened beside me. I looked back and he smiled that smile that made me fall head over heels for him.

"Well you need to go back and get packed, your bus'll be there tomorrow at Kylie's house. You may be dismissed," John said, nodding us off. We walked out of the building.

"Oh my gosh!" I said screaming at the top of my lungs and smiling. Alex picked me up and swung me around.

"I can't believe this! Let's get home and tell the guys!" Alex said, picking me up and carrying me all the way to the car in a run. He opened the door and threw me in, upside down, then raced to his side.

"Alex! I'm stuck!" I said, kicking my feet and trying to flip myself back over. He helped me then drove us home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting creative with the chapter's short descriptions. I'm coming up with them off the top of my head, and I'm not an extremely creative person.