The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 10

I woke up to the tour manager saying that we didn't have a show because we were driving with little break the entire day. I sighed and jumped down, along with Alex on the other side.

"Aw, it's the two love birds," Nick said, wrapping his arms around us both. Alex rammed his elbow into Nick's stomach, Nick backing off immediately. I smiled and we walked to the couch, not enjoying the little break part. Warped Tour has many flaws.

There was a tall stack of the pictures from the All Time Low photo shoot that we had to sign, so people could purchase the autographed pictures if they couldn't make it to the signing. Our album photoshoot was in a few weeks, so we made do with what we had. I smiled, grabbing a stack of one picture and a sharpie and began to write. We had bunches of the different prints, with four choices of what picture you want. If no one wanted those pictures, they could buy another kind and go to the signing. Kids arent choosy, so I don't see where these pictures were faulty.

Alex signed the pictures after I did. My signature being similar to Hayley William's and his being close to Mason Musso's. I laughed when I thought about it, just to recieve strange looks, so I just continued signing. My sidekick vibrated on the table. I grabbed it, to see an unfamiliar number. I slid it open to see this message.

'Hey, this is Hayley from Paramore. Janick gave me your number so we could chat, so here I am =)'

I let out a fangirl scream, Alex jumping over to the side farthest from me in the booth, against the wall. He had a horrified look on his face.

"What was that for! Totally out of the ordinary!" He said, smiling, still deaf.

"Is it in the ordinary that Hayley Williams gets your number from Janick to text you so you could chat!?!"

"No fucking way!"

"Screaming that loud should be against the law," Nick said, yawning, holding a camera.

"Bitch we ARE the law!" I said, smiling. Nick laughed as did everyone else.

"Why are you holding a camera?" Alex asked.

"To update lovelies!" Nick said.

"We have no lovelies yet, we barely even know them...that's why you come to our shows!" I said, smiling.

"What if they've come to our shows?" Alex asked me.

"You're our lovelies then...if you haven't, we're not so close." I said. Alex smiled and so did Nick, continuing a tour of the bus. I smiled to myself as I texted my idol.

'Wow! That's awesome! I gotta thank Janick now, you're my hero. Lol(:'

I leaned back and continued texting. It was getting close to the end of the tour, the shows being amazing. We were instantly going onto a fall tour with Paramore, Paper Route, and The Swellers.

Our last show would be on this Friday. That means 3 more shows for Warped. It was our dream come true, and I was so sad that it was over, but we were going to be on tour with a band I've never seen in concert but adore. I'll get to see them preform every night!

Alex Gaskarth jumped on our bus, since we were at a stop, Jack close behind.

"You guys can go get drinks if you need them, we're at a gas stop." Jack said, with Lord knows how many cans of Red Bull and Monster energy drinks in his hands. I jumped down the bus steps, my Alex close behind. We walked in and got energy drinks to last us till the end of the week. We loaded up for Friday, so we could have an amazing show, then crash on the airplane back home. I forgot what my house looked like, due to living on a bus for 3 months.

We walked back out onto the bus and stocked the fridge, then sitting down. Jack and Alex G had left, writers for Alternative press magazine sitting in chairs in front of our couch. I was wearing a long sleeved flanned plaid shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. It was cold on our bus, so I offered the writers and photographers some jackets and blankets or hot chocolate or coffee, anything because it was so cold. They declined, and we began the interview.

-----

AP: So how are you guys doing, first off?

K: Wonderful!

AP: Are you feeling upset because your first tour, Warped Tour, is almost over?

K: Oh yes, we've been on tour with some wonderful bands that I sure hope we can tour with and at least keep in touch with. Jack Barakat (All Time Low) has really introduced us to tours by playing pranks and kind of helping us get used to the bustle, so we're very thankful for him.

AP: Are you guys planning on doing any other tours?

A: Yes, but actually we can't say yet, but it's going to be amazing and hopefully not as hot.

AP: How's the writing for your album going so far?

K: Really great. Alex and I have been writing alot, and hope to be in the studio after the next tour, or right after Warped ends to record what we already have until the fall tour is up and ready.

AP: Have you guys gotten into any TV shows lately?

K: I don't watch much tv, but I have been watching the new show Modern Family. It's hilarious and very much like my own family. It's one of those shows where I'm like 'Hey, I remember my dad doing that to me!' or 'I can't believe my aunt said that too!'.

AP: I see we're almost at the venue, any last words?

A: Go pick up our new album whenever it may be out. We were hoping to have it done by next year, but we haven't gotten dates for the tour.

K: Thanks for all the support and coming out to see us. It's really awesome, and we'd love to meet you all.