The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 3

It was...All. Time. Low. I was trying not to scream as the frames of Alex, Jack, Zack, and Rian were walking into the room.

"So I can tell which one is Kylie, the only girl in the room...not to mention the cutest I've seen," Alex Gaskarth said, walking over with the band. I felt my cheeks get red and the Alex beside me stiffened and stood up, Zack doing the same and grabbing his arm, sending him a 'sit down' look. It was tense.
After a few moments Alex calmed down and sat down beside me again. I patted his knee and shot him a smile. I grabbed my phone while the band was talking to Jonathan and Zack and Nick.

'We'll talk later.'

He read the text and sighed.

'Okay. It's hard and long to explain.'

'I've got nothing but time to listen.'

'You wouldn't care if I did tell you.'

'Yeah I would. Love you buddy. :) I don't like Gaskarth in that way anyway if that's what this is all about.' I sent that and leaned back.

"Kylie, get ready. You're on vocal rest starting now."

"Shit." I muttered, then wrote on a piece of paper "Sorry, I'm on vocal rest." and punched holes in each side. I pushed string through it and hung it around my neck.

Jonathan laughed,"That's why you're the singer!"

Alex laughed. All Time Low had to get off the bus.

"We'll see how good you guys are soon enough," Alex Gaskarth said, glaring at Alex B. I heard him about to stand and I quickly placed my hand on his and squeezed it.

I sent him a text.

'I think we should talk now, lets get away from the guys.'

'Ok.'

"Well me and Kylie are gonna go look around the venue," Alex said standing up, me standing too.

"Cool, we'll go with," Nick said, standing too.

"Uhh, alone," Alex said, winking at Nick. Nick made an 'O' shape with his mouth and sat down.

We both walked out of the bus and started to walk around. Alex sighed.

"I..I-I-I L-L-Like Y-Y-You. Al-l-lot," He stuttered. I thought it was adorable. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

'I like you alot too, but I don't think we should get into romance with how fresh our band is. Give it time, and maybe we could offically be together, I just don't want things to end sour. :) <3'

He smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we walked to our merch tent to see the merch.

I looked at them with a pure look of awe.

"I know," Alex said, smiling. The meet and greet started, us signing some autographs the rushing to the stage. We flashed our badged and got ready for the concert. They started the intro for 'Most People Know'

"More things in the world matter more than looks and the cars you drive.
You don't care how rhythms take you
anywhere but home.
Please don't tell you've changed,
because I look right past that lie
and become deranged.

More people know you have a undiscovered secret from the world
What it is?
We can't tell,
because you cover it up so damn well.

Acting vain,
you're so insane.
Don't watch me while I'm scribbling thoughts down
changing words all around.

More people know you have an undiscovered secret from the world
What it is?
We can't tell,
because you cover it up so damn well.

Found out my phone's overloaded now (oh,oh,oh,oh,oh)
Can't change the past,
your descions last (whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Don't follow me,
because I know how you act blank
When I say

More people know you have an undiscovered secret from the world
What it is?
We can't tell because you cover it up so damn well."

I then waited for the outro.

"Your story's overplayed,
Your wishes are conveyed.
Your dreams disarrayed.
You wish to be with me,
well that'll end with many deathly
scenes."

The crowed roared as I shouted into the mic.

"WARPED TOUR OHHH-NINNEEE!" I smiled.

"Man, I can't believe that we're here. I mean, we don't have many good songs yet, I don't even know if that one was as decent as my parents believed, but," The crowed laughed,"I believe tonight we're gonna play some to alot of covers of bands who have probably got us here. I will always respect them, even help them across the road as elders. Well, Hayley Williams may still have firey red hair by then, so I know I can guess her right.
So, kids in the mosh pit, start moshing, cause WE...ARE...NOT...PAAAARRRAAAMOOOOORREEEE," I screamed, laughing with Alex,"Teehee. So..uhh..here's Let The Flames begin, by Paramore."

They started the intro and I rushed to the mic stand and placed the mic in it.

I sung the song, but nothing else happened until the outro...haha.

I started to headbang carefully, still tired from all the jumping around, then when the outro picked up I would jump around some more. I started to jump and headbang, slipped and almost fell, caught myself and played it off by throwing the mic stand to the ground behind me and headbanging massively. I then hit my head on the cymbol and speakers and slowly made my way to the ground and waiting a couple minutes before singing the outro.

A guy came up and put the mic stand back upright, then I grabbed the mic from it's place on the ground where I slung it. I sung the outro and started to walk toward the front speaker.

I leaned on it and reached down to my toes to catch my breath.

"Wow. That I felt, way deep inside of me. That's what Warped's all about, right? Gettin' hurt and shit?" I said, standing back upright and laughing with the crowd and the band, who couldn't help but watch the whole riot. I walked over and got my water from near Jonathan's drums and Alex came over to make sure I was okay. I nodded a yes while I was drinking the water.

Before I knew it, our first show on Warped was over. I threw my water out into the crowd then walked off stage and sat down, doing a check to make sure I didn't hurt anything in the process of covering up me falling.

"Dang Kylie." Everyone said. Alex and I went back to the bus after signing and interviews and everything else and k.o.-ed on the couch in the back lounge.

Nothing compared to the feelings the entire band felt now. It is an epic feeling to know that you're getting there. You're getting to be as big as you can possibly get.
Whether you're supposed to be a one hit wonder, or a super band, it still felt epic.
It was the first show that really mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me, crappy lyrics or no? I don't think they're that good.
Comment?