The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 4

I woke up next to Alex, he was smiling. We both looked over at each other then ran to the bunk areas. I found my notebook and he found his and we ran back. He found his guitar and we started writing.

"You wanted more than meets the eye
You needed to scream some lies.
You only wanted me back at your place,
I'm just another pretty face."

Alex strummed and I sang on different pattern ideas. We settled then I tapped my pen to the beat and started to come up with more. I noticed the bus moving, but didn't give much thought.

"Now scream out a war cry
you're not a normal guy.
I can't deny
There's something about you
that makes me wanna leave you.

Followed you back home
You've turned into a nasty syndrome
I can't aviod
the way you convoyed
the destroyed thoughts."

I sighed and sat my notebook on the couch coushion and looked over at Alex.

"We're not ready for this, are we?" I asked.

"I think we are, but we doubt ourself and the possibilities. You don't know, we could end up like Paramore...or blink-182!"

"On a really long hiatus?"

"No, but the popularity. You saw the crowd out there," Alex said, putting an arm around me and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm just worried."

"About?"

"Running out of short shorts, it was HOT out there," I said, looking at the skinny jeans.

"I'll make sure you wont," He said smiling.

"Perv," I said, laughing and lightly punching his arm.

"What! I told the truth!"

"I'm gonna go change." I said, standing up. He stood up too.

"I'll help," He said. I turned around and started laughing and I hugged him again, then left to get ready to chill.

I got dressed and smiled as I saw Nick and Alex wrestling on the floor in the back lounge. I watched from the doorway, waiting for them to notice I was there. Alex looked up at me.

"Having fun?" I asked, walking over to the couch.

"A little," Nick said getting up and sitting next to me.

"Yup," Alex said sitting on the other side.

-----the next day------

"We're taking a stop in the city, want to go to the mall?" Zack said, jumping over onto the couch.

"Sure, but me and Kylie have some unfinished buisness to take care of," Alex said, looking over at me and winking. He turned back towards his friends. My cheeks went bright red. I saw him checking on his phone to see if this mall had a certain cafe, Starbucks.

"Mhmm, you can't stay on the bus. I don't want her to be impregnated," Zack said, hugging me. I laughed and elbowed him.

"Don't worry, I don't want to impregnate our lead singer," Alex said still checking for the Starbucks. He smiled then sent me a message.

'You, me, starbucks?'

':) Me, you, starbucks?'

He turned around and wrapped an arm around me. He took it off to slide his phone closed. The bus hit the rumble strip, and I ended up flung into Alex'x lap, him wrapping his arms around my waist and me strewn across his lap.

"Well hello there, what brings you here," He asked, laughing.

"J-j-just swinging b-b-by," I stuttered, looking away.

"Let's get ready," He said, picking me up and carrying me to the bunk area and setting me on my feet. I grabbed my stuff and ran to the bathroom.

I put on some skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. I slipped on a pair of ballet flats.

I walked out and Alex was sitting on the couch. I sat beside him, making him smile.

We stopped and Alex took me to Starbucks.

------Starbucks------

After we got our orders we sat at a table and talked.

"So you're not on vocal rest. I suffered from not hearing your pretty voice." He said, purposefully making me blush. He smiled and we sipped on our coffee. I couldn't help but rub my face a couple times. I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before. None. I feel insomniatic.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, give me a minute for the coffee to kick in and I'll be good." I said, smiling. He smiled back, sipping from his cup.

We then just talked aimlessly for 30 minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) The short description is part of the song Alex and her are writing! :)