The Story of a Girl...in a Band

Chapter 8

I woke up at 9 ish. I had an interview today with a radio station. Alex and Zack would come in later for a performance. I got dressed in a Glamour Kills shirt and skinny jeans. I got my nerd glasses and did my makeup. I slipped on all black converses.

After I got done I grabbed my phone and shoved it in my pocket. The bus stopped and I jumped off the second step and walked into the radio station. I sat in the stool and they handed me a Vitamin Water and I held it as it rested on my knee.

"And now on the Davey show we have Kylie from Three Days Until Midnight with us today, hello Kylie."

"Hi Davey," I said, enthusiastically. (I will write this as Q and A)

Q. So how's the band doing?

A."Really good! We won an award for best new artist last night thanks to our fans and MTV, and other than that, we're writing more for our first 'real album'. As of right now, I'm doing covers with the rest of the band of people that we idolize, that is until we finish a couple more songs."

Q. How's Warped Tour?

A. "It's going great so far! We can't wait to see some of our favorites preform."

Q. Who do you wanna see on Warped?

A. "The Maine, Mercy Mercedes, We The Kings, way too many to count, but there's probably one I'm googoogahgah over that I forgot."

FF

Alex, Zack and I were getting ready to preform.

"So what will you guys be preforming today?"

"We'll be preforming 'Holiday' by Green Day," I said, leaning against a stool, grabbing the microphone and counting off to the beginning of the song.

-----

"Well that was Three Days Until Midnight covering Holiday by Green Day. Go check them out at the Hurley stage, today at 2pm at Warped Tour!" Davey said, clicking a button for the next song to play.

He shook our hands and complimented us, then we went to the bus to ride another 30 minutes to the location of Warped. I sighed once I sat down on the couch, Alex plopping down beside me, grabbing my hand.

Soon, we got off and went straight to preform.

==

After we preformed, we were told of a prank that Cash Cash had planned to do to The Maine. In the middle of 'Everything I Ask For, I was to steal Pat's drum kit...and John's shirt.... After they told me this, I turned to look at Alex and he was smiling the entire time. At least he wouldn't be mad.

Soon enough I heard the second verse end, that was my signal. I ran out onto the stage, stealing John's shirt, and putting it on over my own. His shirt smelled of Axe, which was overtaking me. He turned around and winked. I blushed then started to steal Pat's drums. Soon, Pat only had a snare drum in front of him.

When it was at the end of the song, we ran out and put Pat's drums back together, me being hesitant to give John his shirt back. I had my microphone in my hand, the duct tape peeling off.

"Are you gonna give me my shirt back?" John said, his face away from both microphones. I laughed, as did he, and I pulled it over my head. He grabbed the orange microphone that was in my hand and he jumped around the stage, headbanging as I always do. I laughed and he came over and hugged me, pulling me in and smothering me. I took in his infactuating scent a little longer before I walked back to Alex, him laughing at my shocked face.

"Did I just?"

"I think you did." Alex said, smiling. He wrapped an arm around me and we walked to the merch tent for signing. We signed for a good couple hours.

"Hi Kylie, I would love to sleep with you," A creeper said, walking to the front of the line, Alex stopped what he was signing and looked over.

"Excuse me?" I asked, not liking the idea.

"Come on, honey. It wouldn't hurt for a little one night stand," The guy pushed.

"No thank you," I said looking intent on signing an autograph for the person behind him.

"I sai-" The creeper started. Alex jumped up out of his chair.

"She said no. Do I have to get security, sir?" He said, politely despite his expression.

"You won't if the pretty girl would just come with me," He creeper said reaching for me, Alex grabbed the guy's wrist yelling for security. Security came and took the creeper into a cop car. Alex nodded a thank you, then shouted to the crowd.

"We're going to take a small break, so if you guys'll come back in a couple minutes we should be ready to go again, we're sorry," he yelled, then coming over to me. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his midsection. He wrapped his arms around me and placed his head lightly on the top of my head.

"Thank you," I said, although it being muffled by his shirt. Tears were streaming down my face. I had been in that kind of situation before, and he knew it.

"No problem, love," He said, kissing the top of my head. He knew that there was no one but myself to save me the first time, so he consoled me and soon enough I was finished crying. The Maine and All Time Low had come over, Cash Cash short behind. First, John came and hugged me, rubbing my back slightly, asking if I was okay. I nodded, as the rest of the three bands hugging me. Jack threatened to kill the next guy who looked at me, which happened to be Alex B.

"Okay, the SECOND person who looks at you," Jack said, after I wrapped my arms so tight around Alex's stomach that he let out a sharp breath. He smiled and wrapped an arm around me as Jack smiled.

"That's how it's supposed to be," Nick said, walking by. I felt Alex move his foot and then a loud crash. I turned around to see Nick, sprawled out on the ground, stuck in a box.