Status: ... it's coming along slowly..

You Could Be My Unintended...

It scares the hell out of me

I hated it when he stared at me, and he knew it. He seemed able to see right through me, through the facade I put on for everyone else. That tough chick thing was just an act, and he knew it. His bright blue eyes and his dark brown/ blackish hair he was a stupid boy and a stupid best friend. He knew. I would bet my and his life on the idea that he knew that I was in love with his other best friend. He would have known before me, naturally, and have been too chicken to ask if I knew yet. I hated it when he stared at me.

Matt was my oldest friend. I’d known him since when I was in the womb and he poked my mum in the stomach when she went to visit them, being he, his mother and his brother, Paul. He was my first love, sadly enough. He was my soul mate in the least sexual way possible. He was the perfect person in my eyes and no one would ever be good enough to him for my liking, no girl hot enough or nice enough, no friend womanly enough. No one good enough to know the things about him that I know... like the fact that he was afraid of the dark until he turned 17, and that he is still secretly afraid that people will think he’s gay.

Dom was Matt’s best friend, drummer in his band. I’d hated him the moment Matt told me about him. To be totally honest I’d always thought he was hot... but that’s not hard, I have low standards. Dom was the guy who was stealing my best friend, he was able to do things I was not... go out to pubs, talk about hot girls, hit on hot girls... the works. That was until I ACTUALLY met him. He’s nice, funny and even more attractive in person, but it could never work... and even if it did he can’t be all he’s cracked up to be.

THEY were collectively known as Muse (when you add Chris- the 'married with children one'. THEY were the people I shared a grungy apartment with. THEY were the ones who cared for me when no one bothered to even notice me. THEY were the ones who tried on my bras when I left the house only to act confused when I got home early to find them wearing said bras. THEY were the ones who knew MOST of my deepest darkest secrets... well mostly Matt... Not so much the other two.

He stared as he sang and beat the shit out of his guitar. He jumped around and bent over, trying to seem more into it than ever before, and probably trying to scare me like the first time... never again. He has cried wolf too many times. I tried to keep my eyes on him but failed as they flickered over to the drummer who was looking at me. I smiled, trying to disguise the abnormality in my heart beat, and he returned the gesture. I looked back at Matt who was still looking at me, I think figuring out where I had been looking a few seconds earlier.
I gave up. I walked to the side security check-point and showed my ID, not that I needed it. The ‘security’ was a few people that Matt knew, therefore they knew me and they smiled big toothy grins as I passed, not unlike that of a wolf to prey and I tried to block the thoughts that entered my head of the thoughts that were entering THEIR heads. As I turned corners to get to the dressing room, smiling at the people I passed, mostly women who were hoping to get something other than just an autograph out of the guys, I wondered as to whether or not those women WOULD get something other than autographs. I hoped not.

I found the room I was looking for and wandered in, turning on the lights and finding myself a drink. I waited for their ‘triumphant’ return. I don’t know when but I fell asleep and awoke to a kiss on the forehead and the yells and cheers of the guys coming into the room. I opened one eye to survey the scene in front of me.

“Wakey Wakey, sleepy head. I can’t believe you fell asleep... I’m crushed. Did you at least see me destroy the drum kit? I doubt it. How can you be so hurtful? It’s ok. I’ll forgive you.” His speech came quick and sort of slurred together. He was either very excited or very drunk; neither of those possibilities would have shocked me.
“What? What time is it?” My speech was ALSO slurred but for a different reason, sleep does that to me.
“It’s 9... In the pm.” His blue eyes lit up and I took that opportunity to look around me. All of the guys were shirtless and sitting around drinking. I was in Matt’s chair but he didn’t mind. There were a few girls in the room, all of which looked nervous and self conscious and Tom had a camera out, ready to film the craziness that was sure to follow the show.
“Oh, look, she’s awake.” Dom smiled at me and I immediately regretted sleeping. I probably looked terrible.
“Oh, look, you have a face.” I smiled back and Matt elbowed me in the side. “What? He does.”
“I’m going to go for a walk, Chris; Tom would you like to join me?” Matt raised his eyebrows at me and turned his back to face Dom and I could only imagine the horrible betrayal that was taking place. Stupid best friend.
“Yeah, I’ll come with. I need to call the wife.” Chris was in on it too, he was a bad, bad man. I would tell his wife on him once I got the chance.
“I wonder if there’s anything film worthy outside.” Tom was too... this was a mutiny... and we weren’t even on a ship.
“See you two later.” Matt sent me a suggestive wink and I gave him the finger.
Great, now we’re all alone.
“Hey, Sarah, did you enjoy the show?” He sounded nervous, and I didn’t miss how tight he gripped the bottle he was holding.
“Yeah, it was awesome, you seemed to be enjoying yourself as well,” I wasn’t sure what to say, I never was.
“Yeah, I was.”
“It showed.” Followed by an awkward silence. Have you ever heard that in every awkward silence a gay baby is born? There must have been many a gay baby born that day.
“Did you want to go get another drink? My treat.”
“Yes Please.” I needed a drink, fast.
After he skulled the rest of his beer and put on a shirt we walked out of the room until he stopped, turned and faced me.
“Want a piggyback?” He raised his eyebrow.
“I’m wearing a skirt...”
“Too bad.” With that he scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. I could smell the fruity-ness of his shampoo and the slight musk of his sweat... it was a good mix.
“PUT ME DOWN!” I screamed although I didn’t want him to put me down. I didn’t want us to separate, ever.
He started running, it was terrifying.
As soon as we got to the pub he set me down with a ginormous smile, his hair in his eyes, and led me inside. It wasn’t the first time we had been to this particular pub, nor would it be the last.
“Hey, Jimmy, fix me up will you? I seem to have a problem.”
“What’s that Dom?” Jimmy was a good guy, he always payed along with Dom’s weird games that nobody ever completely understood. Some found it annoying, I found it adorable.
“I seem to be able to form coherent sentences and walk in a straight line... fix me,” Dom smiled at me, “and Sarah too. Two Lagers please.”
Jimmy got the lagers quickly and handed us one each and Dom and I found some stools to sit on.
“So, Miss Bailey... did you enjoy the show?”
“Uh, Mr Howard, I believe you already asked me that... but I’ll answer again if it makes you feel better about not remembering every little bit of each conversation we’ve ever had.” He looked as though he was following rather well, which was nice. “Yes, it was an awesome show.”
“I’m glad you enjoyed it, I like it when you come to our shows, and they always end up good because we end up trying to impress you.”
“It worked, I was impressed, and I still am. I don’t get how people can pay the drums though... I couldn’t ever. I’m not coordinated enough.”
“Says the dancer, drums is easy, really, it’s all rhythm and patters, much like dance. Honestly I could never play guitar, too much finger work, or piano, and god knows I’m a terrible dancer.”
“I’d like to see you dancing... I’m sure it’s an... Interesting... experience.” I sipped my lager.
“Oh yeah... makes Matt piss himself laughing.”
“Yeah, but so do a lot of things- you know like animals doing their business, people doing the deed, funny shapes, funny songs, funny signs... you name it and it’s probably made him laugh, besides you dancing couldn’t be that funny.” I smiled to myself slightly, this was one of the many effects he had on me, he always made me smile.
“Oh it can, maybe I’ll show you sometime.” He raised an eyebrow.
“I’ll hold you to that.” I raised one too.
“Hey, do you wanna go for a walk?”
“Yeah ok.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my first story ive posted and im pretty sure its crapola.. haha new word... anyways...
comments are appreciated... constructive criticism is very nice.