Sequel: For One Beat More

Smiling Politely

Trapped In Debt

After a couple of days away from everyone at home Lexi was ready to head back to the flat, it helped that Josh and the boys had headed off to their next show a few hundred miles away. Luckily when she got back Kaylah was at work and Dean had made himself scarce so she had the place to herself.

She flopped down onto her bed and lay back, looking up at her ceiling. What was she supposed to do now? She couldn’t be bothered emptying the dirty laundry from her bag and she didn’t have any work to do for college. Before she knew it, it was dark outside and she was still lying on her bed staring at the white paint above her head. As she was thinking about moving and the possibility of doing something productive there was a knock at the door of the flat. Figuring Kaylah or Dean had forgotten their key Lexi rolled off her bed and shuffled through the living room to open the door.

She should have expected it to be him really, he seemed to be making a habit of popping up these days but she thought she’d ask the first question that came to mind, “Aren’t you supposed to be on tour?”

He smiled his funny little smile, “Ol’s voice finally gave out, so we’ve go’ a few days off.”

And you decided to trek back up here?” she raised an eyebrow at him.

He shrugged, “Got nothin’ better to do.”

“S’pose you’d better come in then,” she opened the door wider to let him in and he sat down on the couch, “Tea or coffee or something else?”

“No thanks,” he smiled at her, her short hair was sticking up a little at the back and her pretty blue dress was a little creased, either she had been sleeping or staring into space for a while, thinking about things.

“So, um,” she sat on the other end of the couch, smoothing her dress over her knees.

He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, “When did you get back from your mum and dad’s?”

“About four hours ago I think.”

He smiled, “So I timed this quite well then?”

She laughed, “Yeah, wouldn’t really have worked if you’d turned up and I wasn’t here,” she paused.

“How are you anyway?” he asked.

“Good,” she smiled, “Better than I was feeling before I phoned you anyway.”

He nodded, “I’m glad.”

“Did you get stick from Vegan?”

“Nah. I did talk to Jona though and he made me realise something.”

“Oh?” she asked apprehensively.

He turned his head to look at her, “I think we’ve been wasting time.”

She looked at him questioningly, “Wasting time doing what?”

“Fannying about,” he replied.

She laughed, “Is that a technical term?”

She was dodging the fact that it was her who had brought about this ‘fannying about‘, this ’wasting time’.

“What do you want to do about it then?” she asked.

He shrugged and looked down at the ground, “I’d like to try again, I think we both gave up too easily last time.”

She nodded and couldn’t help but smile, “We did and we won’t next time, cause there will be a next time.”

“Yeah?” he turned to look at her again.

“Well, yeah I mean, every relationship goes through ups and downs but as long as we talk about it, and I know I’m crap at talking about things and admitting that everything isn’t rosy, but as long as we do that I think we’ve got a pretty good shot.”

He smiled and sat up, one hand going to the nape of her neck and his lips connecting with hers. She smiled against his kiss and clung to the front of his jacket.

“So are we back on then?” he breathed as they moved apart just enough to speak.

Lexi nodded and grinned, “Looks like it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
one part left... any chance of a comment?