Sequel: For One Beat More

Smiling Politely

A Precious Start With The Newest Beginning

"You're here," she blinked.

He smiled and nodded, "I'm here."

"You're a bit early."

He laughed then his lean, heavily inked arms were around her waist and she was pulled into his equally as colourful chest. The smell of soap powder and his aftershave made her smile as she buried her face into his tattooed neck and wrapped her arms around his narrow shoulders.

"I missed you," he said softly before kissing her temple and squeezing her hip.

She smiled up at him just as her friends reached them.

"Who's your friend Lex?" asked the mouthiest of the group.

She turned to them as he laced their fingers together and squeezed her hand, "Um well, guys that's Mike, Luke and Ben," she motioned to the boys in the van, who raised their hands in man-waves, then pointed to the one in the front seat who was now rifling through a pile of papers and pushing his dark framed glasses further up his pierced nose, "That's Joe and this, this is Josh," her smile widened as she looked up at him.

"Introductions work two ways Lexi," called Mike from his spot on the floor of the van, squinting his brown eyes in the bright sunlight.

She rolled her eyes at him, "This is Nicole," she pointed to the afore mentioned mouthy one, "and Eva," she nodded to the small dark haired girl, "and Aimee," she motioned to the slim blonde behind the other two.

"So are you guys in a band or something?" Eva asked, flicking her shiny black hair over her shoulder.

Ben nodded and pushed his dirty blonde hair off of his face, "Yeah, just got a few days off between shows and thought we'd stop by."

Lexi could have sworn she saw Eva and Nicole's eyes light up at the mention of the band and fought very hard not to roll her own dark green orbs.

"Yeah, somebody missed someone apparently," Mike made a mock disgusted face at his best friend.

Josh laughed and shook his head, "Fuck off mate, you wanted to come back just as much as I did!"

"You mean you don't want to hook up with that redhead again Mike?" Lexi asked with a giggle.

The guitarist made a genuinely disgusted face, "I got enough last time thanks," he itched at his crotch as he remembered the girl.

She smiled and turned to look at Josh, "So what's the plan?"

"Good question," he slung his arm around her neck and pulled her closer to his body.

"We still good to crash at your flat?" Luke asked, adjusting the baseball cap on his head and shifting under the lusty gaze of Eva and Nicole, he was happily engaged to a girl at home and didn't want any unsolicited attention from would-be groupies.

Lexi rubbed her forearm absently, "Um, yeah, about that. I kind of haven't mentioned to Kaylah yet."

"She's cool though, right?" Joe asked.

"Yeah," Lexi shrugged, "Just not sure how she'll feel about cramming us all in the flat."