Sequel: For One Beat More

Smiling Politely

You'll Be Just Fine If You Let It To Set In

Tentatively Lexi pushed the door to her home open and looked around the slightly messy living room, "Kaylah?", she walked through the room to the kitchen, scooping an armful of clean underwear off of the heater as she passed, "Kay!"

"What's all the shouting about?" a pink haired girl the same height as Lexi appeared from the door on the opposite side of the kitchen.

Kaylah was Lexi's best friend and flatmate. She was also the only one that knew of the existence of Josh. When she came home after work that night Kaylah knew something had happened so she sat her best friend down and coerced the information out of her. At first she had been apprehensive, relationships involving band boys that lived 400 miles away and relationships involving Lexi tended to go downhill, and fast, but after meeting Josh briefly last time he was in town she had agreed to reserve judgment for the time being.

"You remember Josh?" Lexi asked, motioning behind her to the skinny boy in the living room with his hands in his pockets.

The younger woman nodded, the fluorescent lighting in the kitchen making her double snakebite piercings extra shiny, "Yeah."

"Well, um, he and the guys have a few days off and well, it's a bit daft to go all the way home when their next show isn't that far from here. Probably closer than it would be from home and that's just daft cause it'll take them like a day to get home then a day to get back up for their gig so -"

Kaylah rolled her eyes and placed a hand on her hip, "Spit it out Lex."

"Is it okay if they all stay here for a few days?"

"Sure," Kaylah shrugged, "As long as they clean up after themselves."

Lexi smiled, "They will."

"Where are they all going to sleep?"

"The floor's better than being cramped in the van," Josh piped up from behind the pair, placing his hand on Lexi's shoulder.

Lexi nodded, "What he said."

Kaylah looked at Josh, "Your friends better not be dicks."

"I'll be the first one to kick them out if they need to be," he held his free hand up, curling two fingers into his tattooed palm in mock scout's honor.

"Something tells me Mike and Dean are going to get on like a house on fire," Lexi nodded.

Kaylah grimaced, "One is bad enough."

"Dean?" asked Josh.

"Kaylah's boyfriend. You'll meet him soon, he pretty much lives here too," Lexi explained.

"And she's probably right. He'll be a bastard for like the first hour he meets you guys then you'll be best buds. He likes to pretend he's a badass but really he's just a stupid boy like the rest of you," Kaylah smiled sweetly, "Anyway, I better start dinner."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter should pretty much have FILLER stamped across it. It was stupidly difficult to write considering it's sole purpose was to introduce Kaylah. It's done now I guess.

Anyway, this story now has a plot. Yay! The next couple of chapters are going to be silly little things but they'll set everything up and you'll find out a little bit more about Lexi.

Comments would be lovely.