With This Ink in Our Skin We've Sealed Our Fate

Fourteen

"Ask your girlfriend," I shot at him, and tried to get out of Matt's grasp.

"I thought I was asking my girlfriend," he said slowly.

"No, Brian, we decided to get back together," Michelle said.

Brian looked down. I stopped flailing.

"B, is that true?" I asked, quietly.

He looked at me, then Michelle, then at Matt.

"Um, Matt, as a friend, and a fellow guy, can I be alone with these two?"

Matt looked down at me, "Promise that you won't kill either him or her?"

I nodded. Matt let go of me and stepped off the bus.

"Let's go in the lounge," Brian said.

I followed Brian and Michelle into the lounge, then sat in the corner, under the tv, my arms wrapped around my knees. Michelle sat right next to Brian. I sighed.

"I was thinking," Brian said, "during the signing. I'm going to pick one of you, right now."

I bit my lip, "You have to pick?" I asked.

He nodded, "I'll explain."

Michelle smiled, "It's obvious who the answer is."

I sighed, she was right. Brian looked at me, then at Michelle.

"I'm gonna start with Michelle," he said.

I sighed again, he was gonna pick her.

"Michelle, we were together for three years. Yeah, it was on and off, but it was still one of the most important relationships I've been in. I know that I cheated with Bree, but I couldn't help it. But, you were always way too jealous when Bree was in the room."

I looked at him, "Bree," he said, "You make me feel like nothing else matters. You can make me high from just a kiss. I've had feelings with you since you were eighteen, but I never knew that you returned them. Matt told me that I couldn't try to be with you until you were twenty, but when you turned twenty, I was with Michelle. I feel like we're perfect together, but you have your own career."

I was watching him carefully. My Sidekick was ringing on the seat next to me. I didn't even reach for it, because I wanted his answer.

"Are you gonna get that?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes, "Are you gonna pick?"

He closed his eyes, then opened them.

"I made my decision," he said, "And, the one I want to be with is Bree."

I felt something tight give way in my chest as he stood up from Michelle and kneeled in front of me. I smiled as he picked me up, only to put me on his lap. I kissed him and picked up my Sidekick at the same time. He laughed.

"My girl," he whispered.

I smiled and read the text:

Val loves you!: so, we know you and michelle are back there and brian is choosing you. we locked you in there to give you some revenge on michelle. we went out, but when you wanna leave, just call johnny, cause he and ashlynn are right outside the bus. so, you and michelle and b are stuck in there. make out w/ b, torture the shit out of her ;]

I laughed, and realized that Brian read it, too. He grabbed the phone, closed it, and put it next to him. I crossed my legs, still on his lap, and kissed him. He put his hands on my hips, and we started making out. I could hear Michelle getting upset, but I kept thinking about my boyfriend. He was finally mine. There was a light thud near us, then Michelle screamed. Brian and I pulled away, and I jumped.

"Get me out of here!" she shrieked, and tried to open the door, but couldn't.

The door slid open and Ashlynn and Johnny were standing there. Johnny slid into the room as soon as Michelle ran out. I started to kiss his neck, and he coughed.

"That went well," Johnny commented.

I suddenly sucked on his neck, and he groaned.

"Do you have to do that while I'm standing here?" Johnny whined.

Brian lied me down on the couch, "Leave," he said, throatily.

I smiled and kissed him. Brian slid his hands down my sides, nipping at my bottom lip. There was a knock on the door of the lounge. I pulled away.

"Who is it?" I asked as Brian started kissing my neck.

"It's Matt."

I pushed Brian upright, and Matt walked in.

"Can I talk to you guys?" he asked.

"Sure," I said as he sat across from us.

"Bree, you're right," he said, "I am kinda bipolar when I'm drunk and high. You know that I would never do anything to hurt you intentionally. I'm really pissed at myself that I'm splitting up my band and if I get your forgiveness, then maybe the band will stay together. You and Brian's forgiveness is really all I want."

I smiled, "Why didn't you say that two weeks ago?" I asked.

He smiled sheepishly, "It took me the whole time to actually get that to sound good."

I giggled, "I forgive you, brother."

He smiled, then looked at Brian, "What about you?"

I was still lying down, so I shifted my eyes to Brian, who grinned.

"It's all good."

I giggled, "Sweet."

"So, what are we gonna do about everyone else?"

I kept watching my boyfriend, who had just asked the question. Matt shrugged.

"If you guys forgive me, do they really have a choice?"