With This Ink in Our Skin We've Sealed Our Fate

Seven

When I woke up, Bree was still asleep. I propped my head up on my elbow and stroked her face. She stirred and looked up at me. She smiled.

"Hey you," she said softly.

"Hey yourself," I whispered back.

"Last night was fucking scary," she whispered, her voice broken from crying.

I stroked her face again, "I know. I seriously thought I was gonna lose you."

She looked away, "You don't really have me," she said, getting out of bed.

I frowned, "I could."

She was pacing around the room, pushing her long hair away from her face and over her shoulder.

"Bree--"

"Shut up," she said, still pacing.

"You're making me nervous," I said, leaning on both of my elbows.

She stopped pacing and stood at the foot of the bed, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Come on tour with me," I said, "Michelle won't be there."

"I can't," she said shortly.

My face fell, "Why not?"

"I have photo shoots and guest spots on tv shows."

"I won't see you for--"

"Four months," she finished, tears coming to her eyes, "I know."

I got up and wrapped my arms around her waist. She rested her forehead against my chest, "And I have Jill's funeral to plan with her parents."

I held her tighter against me, "We leave in two days," I said.

She shook her head, "I leave tomorrow."

I shook my head, "Bree, please stay."

"Brian," she whispered, "I'm gonna hang out with you when you come back from tour. If you haven't broken up with Michelle yet, then it probably wasn't meant to be."

"Don't say that!" I said fiercely, "Bree, I'll work something out, I promise."

She looked into my eyes, tears running down her face again, "I want to be with you, Brian. No Michelle, no Sean, no lies."

"Michelle's always gonna be in the background, Bree," I whispered.

"Shut up," she hissed, "Shut the fuck up."

"She's always gonna be around," I said, "Because of Val."

She seemed to stop and think about it, "I know," she said after a few minutes.

I kissed her lightly, "Sweetheart, I need you."

She sighed, "I told you what you need to do."

I took my arms from around her, and wiped her tears. She moved away from me.

"I need to go," she whispered, "I can't stay here anymore."

I bit my lip, trying to think of something to say.

"Please," I whispered.

She shook her head, "I'll keep in touch," she whispered, backing towards the door.

"Bree," I said, getting deja vu of the night before.

"I'm gonna say goodbye to the others."

"Will you come back?" I asked.

She shook her head. She came back over to me and pressed her lips to mine, hard. I grabbed onto her, kissing her back just as hard. She pulled away first.

"See you soon, B."

I let the tears fall from my eyes, not bothering to wipe them away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen Brian in four months. Val had come with me for my photo shoots and guest spots. While we were away, we took the black streaks out of my hair, dyed the underside purple, and put pink streaks in it.

"Brian is going to lose it when he sees you!" Val exclaimed as I came out of the bathroom.

I was wearing white jean shorts I had made from pants and a long sleeve black Avenged Sevenfold shirt. I had black flats with white polka dots on my feet, and dark eyeliner surrounding my eyes.

I smiled, "Good. Now tell me if they broke up."

Val couldn't keep the grin off her face, "They did, honey. You are free to get your man."

I jumped up and squealed, "Yay!"

We grabbed my purse and put my Sidekick in it. She smiled and we jumped in my car. She drove us to their show at the House of Blues. I ran up to security, who didn't even ask for I.D. and just let us in. We went backstage and I found the guys in their dressing room.

"Well well well, if it isn't Bree fucking Bloodshed," Zacky, the closest to the door, said as he grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

I hugged back, and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I pulled away from Zacky and saw Brian standing behind me. I looked down and played with the sleeve of my shirt.

"I, um," I stammered, "I've been practicing what I would say--"

I was cut off by his lips on mine. I smiled and kissed back.

"I broke up--"

I smiled against his lips, "I know," I bit his lip softly.

He smiled and pressed our lips together again. I bit his lip, and he stepped closer to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes. The door swung open and a voice shrieked through the dressing room.

"You break up with me, and I find you making out with this bitch the next day?!"

I pulled away and looked at Michelle, "You said she wasn't coming," I said to Brian.

Brian wrapped his arms around my waist, "She suprised me."

"And then he suprised me by dumping me, you stupid bitch."

I took my arms from Brian's neck and he took his arms from my waist.

"Nice hair," Michelle said nastily, "Looks like someone shit on it."

"That would work if it was brown, dumbass," I shot back, "Like yours," I added with a smirk.

She glared at me and lunged at me. Brian turned and blocked me as Val grabbed her arms.

"Michelle! Calm down!" Val yelled.

Brian took my hand, "Let's go to the bus and talk, okay?"

We walked hand in hand to the bus. He opened the door and guided me up the stairs. I stood in the middle of the lounge as he shut and locked the door. I started playing with the sleeve of my shirt again.

"Let's sit," he suggested, collapsing on the couch.

I sat down next to him. He put his muscular arm around my shoulders and I rested my head against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"How was Jill's funeral?" he asked.

I choked on a sob, "Hard."

He wrapped his other arm around my chest and pulled me onto his lap, so I could cry into his chest. After I had calmed down, he watched me quietly.

"I walked into her apartment three days after I left," I started, "And her parents were there."

He squeezed my waist, "Her mom was packing up Jill's cds, and she saw me walk in. She made this weird gasping sound and ran over to me. She hugged me really tightly. Her dad came out and saw me, and he broke down. A grown fucking man broke down at the sight of his daughter's best friend.

"Her mom pulled out of the hug and looked down at me. She told me that she had been trying to reach me for ages. When Jill was on her fucking deathbed, she told her parents about our promise. Her mom told me that both her and Jill's father had tears in their eyes. Jill told them to tell me not to go through with it. Then Jill smiled and made a joke about how I was finally getting somewhere with you.

"Then, I told her mom that I almost went through with it. Her dad was with us at that point. He was crying, listening to how I dug through your luggage for your .45. He said that they tried to call me. Her mom said that she was glad that I didn't go through with it. I told her everything. She asked about you and Matt. I told her that Matt was doing well and that I scared the shit out of you. She told me that she always thought we would be good together.

"The actual funeral wasn't fun. The 'unfamous' half of our friends were there. I made a long speech about how Jill was my best friend and how much I missed her. I also mentioned the promise, and of course I told people about the little episode I had. Everyone kept coming up to me and asking about you."

"What did you say?" he asked.

"I told them that we were working on something," I answered.

He smiled, and stared into my eyes. His smile faded as he kissed me. I kissed back, craving his touch. He stared leaning me back onto the couch. I laid down, pulling him with me. His hand ran down my side as my hands ran through his hair.

"Brian! Bree! The show's gonna start in fifteen minutes!" Matt's voice rang from outside the bus.

He stood up and helped me up. Then he grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers. I smiled and we walked out of the bus. Matt smiled.

"Hey Bree, wanna sing Almost Easy with me?"

I grinned, "Sure!"

We all walked back to the venue where Michelle was sitting in the dressing room, pouting. A guy stuck his head in the dressing room, "Come on guys, show time."

Brian grabbed his guitar and then my hand. We walked to the side of the stage.

"Kill them, baby," I whispered.

He smiled and kissed me, "I'll see you onstage gorgeous."

I kissed him again and he ran onstage. Val came up behind me.

"Welcome to the world of dating a rockstar," she said in my ear.

I smiled and turned around, "We aren't official yet," I said.

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say, Bree."

I giggled, "We aren't official, but I think we're pretty damn close."

"Well now Los Angeles, I have a suprise for you," Matt announced.

I smiled, "That's my close up."

"My little sister is backstage, and she wants to sing for you. So, performing Almost Easy with me, Bree Bloodshed!"

I ran onstage and over to Matt, "Steal Syn's mic," he said.

I smiled, "Okay!"

I walked over to Syn's mic, and he gave me a kiss. I smiled as they started Almost Easy. I could see the crowd's reaction. I'd never sang in public before. I opened my mouth and sang every word with Matt. Brian was always near me, except during the solo. He would lean over my shoulder and sing the chorus, kiss my cheek, and then would run around onstage, but would never stray too far.

When the song was over, Matt asked the crowd, "So what do you think of Bree's voice?"

The crowd went fucking crazy. I smiled and bowed.

"She's hot!" I heard.

I smiled as Syn leaned into his mic, "Sorry, she's taken."

I smiled at him and he kissed me. Val was smirking backstage. I pulled away, smiling.

"Wanna make it official?" he whispered.

I smiled widely, "Yes!"

He kissed me again. I pulled away again.

"Play your show," I said.

He kissed me one more time and they started playing Beast and the Harlot. I ran offstage to Val.

"So is it official?" she asked.

I covered my mouth and giggled, "Yep!"