A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

"Alright, Lloyd!" Rakuyo calls out, grabbing out a kunai knife; with Lloyd doing the same. They both get some fair distance between them and Naria sensei, and at the same time, both throw their knives at her.

Naria sensei simply dodges them, as the two kunai's hit the other, virtually canceling them out. She slides back a couple feet, giving that she had to dodge the kunai knives in a hurry. "So... is this it?" she asks them all, clearly somewhat entertained.

"Not quite!" a voice says from far off in the distance.

"What?" she gasps. It was one of my shadow clones, and it was coming up fast behind her. Naria sensei turns around to a fistful punch right in her jaw, sending her flying in the opposite direction; landing roughly on the ground in front of me.

"Yes! We did it!" Lloyd declares, his fist raised in the air.

"What?" I gasp out, seeing Naria sensei's unconscious form dissipate into a puddle of water.

"It was only a water clone," Rakuyo states, his tone implying that it wasn’t a surprise.

"Kind of figured something like that to happen... seemed to good to be true actually," Lloyd sighs out, slouching over in a disappointed manner. A gust of wind picks up behind him, and out of the swirling of leaves appears our sensei.

"Hey. You need help... or what?" Lloyd asks, walking over and reaching his arm out to me.

"Yeah," I answer, taking his hand. When I get up, I brush my arms and legs off, dusting little amounts of dirt off from my clothes.

"So, how did we do? We did good, right?" Lloyd asks Naria sensei, hoping she would give him the answer he was looking for.

"I must say... you did much better than the last time," she replies, giving us all a sincere smile.

"Better enough to past?" I ask, looking about as hopeful as a deer about to be hunted.

"Hmm... I will think so," she states calmly.
What? I stare out in shock at her words and say almost happily, "Wait. So... does that mean that... your passing us?" She simply nods her head.

"Woo-hoo!" Lloyd proclaims excitedly, throwing both his fists into the air.

"You guys did much better when you all worked as a team. And you Rakuyo, what an impressive jutsu. To be able to hold your opponent down using an Earth style jutsu. That’s rarely seen, especially in a genin like yourself so young," she tells him warmly, giving him a kind smile. Rakuyo doesn't say anything back, just simply gives her a small smile in return.

"But you know, just because I am giving you three a good report now... doesn't mean there isn't anything that you have to work at. You three have much more to learn, and I will teach you only if you want to be taught," she exclaims, her expression slightly rigorous.

"Hell yeah, whatever! Of course! Nothing is gonna' stop me from becoming chunin!" Lloyd declares, determination etched in his eyes.

"Well, alright. I will see you three tomorrow then at the Hokage's office for your first mission," she divulges quickly.

"Wait. The Hokage's office?" I ask, obviously confused.

"Yes. The Hokage will be giving the first mission's to all of the passing genin in your level," Naria replies patiently. Noticing my understanding gaze, Naria sensei lastly says, before disappearing in a gust of wind, "Well, like I said... I will see you all tomorrow." She disappears.

"So... I guess I'll go on home now and give the old pops and my mom the good news," Lloyd says aloud to no one in particular. I could've sworn that I saw Rakuyo flinch at the mention of Lloyd talking about his parents, especially at the part when Lloyd said old pops, but I shake myself of the thought.

"Yeah, I think I better go on home too. My mom will want to know everything," I pronounce elated, waving bye to the both of them and walking away.

Lloyd's P.O.V

I wave back to Kimina, as she disappears through the trees heading northeast. And now, it was just Rakuyo and I standing in the open field. I continue to stare out at where Kimina had vanished, and wish absently that she never left; or wishing that she could've taken me with her. I sigh out heavily, knowing that I had to say something.

"Um... Rakuyo? I... what?" I look over to where Rakuyo was standing just a few moments ago, but he wasn't there. I look around, quickly spotting him walking away in the opposite direction from where Kimina left. Man he could move silently… and fast!

"Hey, Rakuyo!" I yell out to him, sprinting up beside him. "Hey, I just wanted to tell you that... you did an awesome job with planning out a strategy in our last battle back there." Really wish Kimina were here to see this, she wouldn’t believe her eyes. I don’t even believe it I was doing this.

I hold out my hand, in an offer for a handshake. But Lord knows that I did not want to be saying or doing this, and I was hoping that my expression didn't give off that impression.

"Umm... yeah. Umm... thanks," Rakuyo replies tentatively, eyeing my hand for a brief second.

"Wee, I'll see you tomorrow then," I quickly say, trying to hold back a rude comment.

Rakuyo simply nods in reply, and begins walking in the direction of where he was headed. For the first time towards him, a wave of sympathy sweeps over me as I watch him walk away with a gloomy disposition. But it was only a small wave of sympathy, something that I could walk away from and easily forget about, which was exactly what I did.

End of Lloyd's P.O.V

~~*~~

Naria's P.O.V

"Good afternoon, Lord Hokage," I say with a generous smile and a low bow of my head, as I enter his office.

"Oh, good afternoon Naria. What brings you here?" the old man asks considerately.

"I am just bringing you my report on Team 9, my Lord," I answer steadfastly.

"Hmm. Oh yes. Kimina Fujimaru, Lloyd Yukohama, and Rakuyo Sesetsu. Yes, how did their assignment go?" he questions me eagerly.

"They have passed the assignment, my Lord. But it was not an easy task for them," I exclaim justly.

"Hahah. I would assume not," the Hokage replies, laughing while he said it.

"On their first try, they failed miserably. And I failed them then, and I told them what their faults were and what they needed to work on. But they are a persistent bunch and they wouldn't give up. So, I gave them a second try and they did an exceptional job. They proved to me what real teamwork they had and showed me how skilled they are in the jutsus they wield," I report with a serious expression, but on the inside I was very ecstatic.

"Hmm. Iruka-sensei did tell me that those three with a very good crop of students in his class. With Kimina being up there with Sasuke Uchiha. I am very glad that they have passed their assignment. Now, they will be able to show their true potential! And I wish you luck as well, Naria. This will be your first time in teaching and mentoring a group of genin," he states profoundly. His smile was so warm and caring.

"Thank you, Lord Hokage," I retort contently, giving him another bow of my head. 'Yes... Iruka-sensei was right. These are indeed a very good and promising group of students. And I will teach them just like you Lord Hokage and also the Fourth Hokage had taught me.'

End of Naria's P.O.V

~~*~~

"Oh! I am very proud of you, Kimina!" my mother says happily, giving me a big hug. This time though, gratefully, she didn’t suffocate me.

"Yeah, I am too. I never thought I would make it this far!" I exclaim, with a lopsided smile. I was too excited.

"Well... you did. And I am so proud of you!" she repeats herself, endowing me with yet another hug. This time crushing me…

"So, did Hinata pass her assignment as well?" she asks warmly, putting away some of the dishes.

"Yeah, she did! Her, Kiba, and Shino who are all on her team as well," I tell her, clearly happy that we were all going to be genin together. There was just one other team I didn’t know about; Naruto’s. But I couldn’t say anything in front of my mom about it; she’d give me that same malice look in her eyes. And I didn't want to spoil the happy setting in the room; I would just have to wait until the morning.

"You know... your father will be real proud of you," my mom says, seeing me eye his picture
over the fireplace in the next room.

"Yeah... I know... I know he would be," I murmer, mostly to myself, still focusing on the picture with an almost sorrowful expression.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Appreciate your feedback everyone! And I promise a lot more action will be coming in the next few chapters. ^^