A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

"Hello, Naria," Kakashi politely says.

"And hello to you too, Kakashi," Naria sensei remarks, with a friendly smile.

"Hah. Didn't expect to see your group here, Naruto. Getting some of those lame old missions, too?" Lloyd implies with a smirk.

"You wish! Actually, the old man over there just assigned us to a C ranked mission! Where we get to guard a very important person!" Naruto pronounces boldly.

"Seriously? Never would have guessed," Lloyd says, trying to make his voice sound as nice as possible. I glare feebly at Lloyd, and nudge him hardly in his stomach.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He doubles over in pain.

"That's great, Naruto. Hope your team does well," I utter, giving him and Sakura a pleasant nod, and ignoring Sasuke completely. Sasuke gives me a cold look, which I return with equal intenseness.

"Uh-oh. Here we go," Lloyd sighs out tiredly.

Before I could comment, the Hokage says to Kakashi and his team, "Alright, Team 7. Here is the person that you will be guarding for this mission. Send him in!"

The door my team and I had just entered had just entered from opens up, revealing an old man, who obviously was a little drunk; given that he had a half bottle of sake in his left hand and that his eyes were blood-shot. "Hmmm? What? I'm gonna' be protected by a bunch of grimy little kinder garden children?" the man says harshly; eyeing Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

The man takes another sip of his sake, the liquid dripping down onto his small gray beard. "And the small one in the middle... the one with the silly orange outfit on. You really expect me to believe that you’re a real ninja. Yeah, right," he states with a doubted look. I glare at the man standing in the doorway, clutching my fists at his words.

"Hah! Who is he talking about? Who’s the little one with the silly orange outfit on? Hah! Huh?" Naruto stops laughing, immediately figuring out who had on the silly orange outfit. Himself.
"Hey, let me go, Kakashi-sensei! I want to pumble this guy! Come on!" Naruto rambles on, trying to get out of Kakashi's hold.

"I am Tazuna, the master bridge builder. And I must return to my country in one piece. Even if you all must die," he says firmly, the last part a little unfriendly, and ignoring Naruto's death remarks. I don’t know why, but I shudder at the last bit of his sentence.

"We understand. Now let's get going. We don't want to keep him waiting," Kakashi says serenely, letting go of Naruto's shirt and walking with his hands in his pockets over to Tazuna. I give Naruto a look of sympathy mixed with confidence, which he returns back, but I could still tell that he was majorly annoyed.

"See you, Sakura," I say to her contently, as she walks past me. She waves back at me, and walks out of the office followed by Naruto, and Sasuke; who doesn't pay me the slightest attention as he leaves the room. I smile in victory.

"Wow. I can't help but feel sorry for them. That man was way weird," Lloyd justifies truthfully, shivering at the thought.

"Yeah, for once I agree with you," I promptly reply genially.

"But you have to admit, at least their getting a chance to get out of this village. Instead of..."

"Tending to someone's flower patch?" the Hokage interrupts Lloyd with a smile.

"Yeah. But how... did you know I was going to say that? Umm... Lord Hokage," Lloyd hastily adds.

"It was just a guess," the old man remarks kindly. "So, I take it that you are getting tired of doing all of these baby mission, I presume?"

"Umm... yeah. Sort of," Lloyd barely says above a whisper, while scratching the back of his head.

"Well, seeing as I just gave a C ranked assignment to Kakashi and his team... I see no reason to give you one as well," the Third pronounces, a fond smile on his face.

"Wh--what? Seriously?" I falter at a loss for words. Was this old man serious?

"You mean, we'll be getting to go out of the village? Oh man! This is so cool!" Lloyd exclaims happily. I nod my head beside him.

"Yes, you will be. I hear from the men and women of this village what a fantastic and diligent job you three are doing. And also, from what your sensei and also from Iruka-sensei have told me, you three have much potential and are very promising students," he says, with a gesture to Naria sensei and Iruka sensei, who was sitting next to him. I look over at Naria sensei, who was standing next to Rakuyo, and smile at her as she gives me a proud nod of her head in return.

"So, what will we be doing?" Lloyd breaks the silence, curiosity etched in his voice.

"Hmm, let’s see. You three will be taking a letter to the Kazekage of the Village Hidden in the Sand," the Hokage tells us all, holding up a red velvety letter.

"So cool! I'm definitely ready for anything!" Lloyd practically screams for joy. 'But seriously? All we have to do is deliver a letter? I'll settle for what Naruto and his team have to do instead. Oh well...'

"Right. So, when do we leave?" I ask for Lloyd.

"You will be leaving as soon as possible. You will return home and pack your things, and will..."

"Meet me at the front gate in about an hour," Naria finishes for him.

"Right. Will do," I proclaim affirmatively. "Wow, I can't believe we get to go on a real mission! Can't wait to tell my mom! She’s gonna’ be so happy…” I stop mid-sentence.

"Hmmm? What's up, Kimina?" Lloyd asks me perceptively.

"Uh... nothing. I'm fine. Anyway, I better go on home and start packing! See you guys. And thanks to you as well for this opportunity, Lord Hokage. We will not disappoint you," I say to him, before leaving out of the office. The Hokage nods his head.

"Well, I best to be getting on home myself. And whatever Kimina just said, same for me too! Bye!" Lloyd declares, rushing out of the room himself.

Rakuyo stands there, unmoving. 'So, were really going to leave the village. Hope we don't come across him on the...'

"Rakuyo? You okay?" Naria questions worriedly.

"I'm... I'm fine," he explains, trying to keep his voice and expression normal. "I'm going to get going now," He walks out of the room without another word, his hands deep in his pockets.

"It seems that there is a lot of sadness and regret that is in the hearts of your students, Naria," Sarutobi states passively. A look of sadness replaces his happy features.

"Yes, there is. But I am sure that their worries and fears will be overcome by the friendship that they will soon come to realize they have," she replies, concern and hopefulness filled in her every word.

"I am sure of that. And there is something else that I will like to talk to you about as well," the Hokage says placidly. "The road leading to the Village Hidden in the Sand isn't a pleasant one. But sadly, you already know that."

"I know, my Lord. And I already know what you are going to say. That there are crooks and robbers along the path... and also things, including ninja, that are much more dangerous and deadly. This will be my first mission conducting my own team. And I will assure you that I will not let any harm come to any of them... I will sacrifice my life in order to see them return safely to this village," she pronounces seriously, her expression stern.

The Third nods his head in understanding and says, "Very good. I see that you have learned a lot. And I am very proud of you. May you and your team do well."

"Thank you, my Lord," Naria utters simply, bowing her head in respect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this part wasn't too boring. But thanks for reading! Now on to the next chapter. Oh, and please comment and/or subscribe. Thanks! ^^