A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

"Alright, mom. I'm all packed!" I call out to her, strapping my red backpack over my shoulders. My mother then walks into the room, smiling genuinely.

"Oh, Kimina. I just can't believe that you’re going to be leaving the village. I'm so proud of you. Do your best!" she walks up to me, giving me yet another bone-crushing hug. Was that the foundation of our relationship?

'Yeah... and obviously scared to death for me,' I think half-heartedly. "Don't worry, mom. I'm going to be fine. Were going to be with Naria-sensei, and she's awesome!"

A look of hurt crosses her features. "Alright, sweetheart. I know. Just promise me you'll return, okay?" she asks unnerved.

I gasp silently at her words, remembering that she had asked the same thing to father.

Flashback

I was sitting on the bottom of the stairwell, pushing my black bangs from in front of my face; staring out at both my mother and father, who were standing at the front door.

'I can't believe he's leaving for some dumb old mission. Why can't he just stay here with me and mom?' I question to myself, fighting back tears. My father was leaving both of us the second time this week. I see mom put her hands on father's broad shoulders, and smile earnestly up at his handsome face. She then brushes his untidy black hair from over his face and kisses him lightly on the lips. I look away for that split second. Those were their special moments with each other, and they kind of grossed me out too.

"Please... promise me you'll return to us, okay?" I hear her say through sobs of tears. This must was going to be a tough mission.

"Of course, dear. I promise I will. Me and my team," he replies, his voice deep and his tone honest.

End of Flashback

But he didn't come back.

"Kimina... you alright?" I hear my mom ask, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine mom. Umm... I got to go. Were supposed to meet our sensei in an hour. I'll see you soon," I tell her, walking out of the room. I couldn’t bear to see her face again, the sadness in her eyes.

~~*~~

Lloyd's P.O.V

"So, I see that your ready to go," my dad, Ryo, says in his serious tone.

"Yeah... I am," I reply, a bit hesitant.

"Just make sure you don't mess anything up. All right? This is your first time out of the village... so don't screw up your first mission. Remember everything I taught you," he tells me harshly.

"Right, dad. I won't disappoint you," I pronounce lowly.

"You better not," he states simply, his brown eyes glaring. I hated when he was like this; it honestly scared me. If any of my friends knew, I’d be a laughing stock.

"Umm... I'll see you mom," I call out, earning nothing in response.

"Your mother isn't here. She went to the store. Now, get going," he utters clearly, gesturing towards the door.

"Umm... alright then. I'll... I'll see you," I lastly say, averting my father's gaze, and walking outside towards the front gate. My father says nothing; just closes the door behind me.

End of Lloyd's P.O.V

~~*~~

Rakuyo's P.O.V

I walk out into the front room, my backpack strapped loosely over my right shoulder. "Mom... mom," I utter her name softly, watching as she slept peacefully on the small brown leather sofa. I scowl feebly, noticing the empty soda cans and plates of unfinished food lying around on the miniature table set vertically to the sofa; and also all around the floor. I glance back at my mother, anger subsiding into sympathy. I walk slowly over to her, and brush parts of her red-auburn hair from over her face.

"I'm going now, mom. Umm... I'll see you when I get back," I say absent-mindedly, before making my way out the wooden door out onto the small porch.

End of Rakuyo's P.O.V

~~*~~

"So, you guys are finally here!" Naria yells happily, as Lloyd, Rakuyo, and I walk over to her; the huge front gates lingering in the distance.

"Hmmm? Finally here? Were a bit early if you ask me," Lloyd exclaims, a little unenthused.

"Hah. Yeah, your right on time, actually! I was just kidding!" she exclaims merrily.

'Uh... okay. Man, if I hadn't witnessed the power that she possessed and didn't know that she was a jounin... I would've though she was an Academy student by the way she acted. But she's way different from this when she's actually fighting,' Lloyd contemplates to himself, a cold shiver going down his spine at his sensei's sudden bubbly attitude.

"Hehe. Alright, let's go! I'm dying to see what's it's like outside the village!" I shout contently, throwing my fist in the air.

"Man, this is going to be a long mission," Lloyd sighs out miserably.

"What's the matter, Lloyd?" I ask with a playful smirk.

"Nothing. I'm fine," he replies smiling. He then clears his throat and looks away.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can't cut going on a mission with two girls, huh?" I question, placing my hands on my hips.

"Naw, that's not it. It's just that I'm going on a mission with one: my jounin sensei who acts like a genin student except for when she's in battle. And two: my teammate who's gonna' talk and probably nag the whole way," he tells me simply.

"Hmph. Nag? Since when have I ever nagged?" I ask defensively. I have never nagged, and he knew it. Something was bothering him, but I couldn’t tell what.

"Never. I already know you’re not the type of person. I just like to mess with you! Now, come on! I can't wait to get out of here!" he declares with the same enthusiasm as Naria-sensei and I; mostly because he didn't want me to make a comment back, I suspected.

"Alright, then. Let's go," Naria sensei states, walking over to the front gates about less then ten yards away. I see her look over at a group of jounin who were standing under a small wooden shelter. I immediately recognize the woman jounin who was standing under it. The young woman, with short purple hair and eating some kind of dumplings, nods at the four of us.

'Anko,' I say to myself, oblivious that the gates before me swung open, and that my team was already walking through it.

"Hey, Kimina! You coming?" Lloyd practically yells, gesturing me over to them.

"Oh, sorry about that. Guess I got side-tracked," I tell them, mentally relieved that they dropped it at that and continued on walking.

"Alright! Finally, out of that village! This is going to be awesome!" Lloyd pronounces excitedly.

"Yeah," Rakuyo says faintly, his gaze fixated on the setting sun.

"So, Naria-sensei? How long will it take for us to arrive at the Sand village?" I ask, trying to make a conversation.

"Hmmm? It shouldn't take that long. But seeing that it will be getting dark soon, we may have to prolong the mission and stay at the small village of Kombawa, which is about 200 yards from here. At this pace, we should make it there close before nightfall," she says earnestly, taking glances at my skeptical face.

"Sounds good to me!" Lloyd utters loudly, before I could even say anything.

"Hmph," I snort, closing my eyes and smiling. 'Yeah, this is going to be a long mission.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope it was a good read. Thanks for reading it too everyone!