A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

I didn’t get much sleep last night. I felt too guilty and fearful of what was said and of my outbursts the previous night that I didn’t let peaceful deep sleep take over me. I felt as though I had just left my mother frightened for me, which was true, and I hated it.

“Mom,” I say, catching her before she went up the stairs.

“Yes, Kimina?” She turns towards me, and I take a step backwards in surprise. Her eyes were bloodshot and the skin around then was puffy, a pinkish color that looked tender to the touch.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. I shouldn’t have…” My mother races over and embraces me tightly, silencing my sentence.

“I love you so much,” she sobs onto my shoulder.

“I love you too, mom. And please, don’t worry yourself over me. I’m going to do all I can about this…curse.”

She chuckles. “It’s my job as a mother to worry about you, sweetheart. And I do believe in you, baby, I always have.”

~~*~~

“Hey, Kimina. Bout time you got here,” Lloyd says to me, waving his hand above his head.

I put on a happy smile. “Hey, you guys. So, I’m guessing Naria sensei is already inside.”

“Yeah, she is. We were waiting for you to get here,” Rakuyo explains simply.

“Alright. So, let’s go.” I brush past Lloyd, he grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

“What’s up with you? Naria sensei is acting the same way…distant.”

“I…nothing, Lloyd.” I walk into the building. “Come on. We need to go and see the Hokage.”

Lloyd and Rakuyo both exchange glances before following me in.

“Well, I am glad that your mission was a success.” The Hokage beams at all of us, his deep wrinkled smile stretching across his face.

“In a way, yes, Lord Hokage,” Naria sensei replies, her tone serious, but her expression somewhat amused.

“Yes, well, I think you wanted to talk to me about something, Naria. Personal.”

“Yes, Lord Hokage. I did.” She turns her attention to Rakuyo, Lloyd and I. “That will be it, you three can go now.” She smirks a small smile.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but you and Naria sensei sure are acting weird. I mean, we just got back yesterday night, so what happened in that short amount of time?” Lloyd questions into the air, or at me, but I wasn’t listening.

“What do you think Naria sensei has to talk about with the Hokage?” I ask Rakuyo.

“Hey!” Lloyd shoots in attention.

“Probably a lot, I bet,” Rakuyo answers with a shrug.

“You don’t think…she’s going to try and resign as our sensei, do you?” We all stop walking at that thought, and gaze at each other uncertainly.

“I…don’t know,” Rakuyo mutters.

“Are you really sure about this, Naria?” The Hokage asks gravely, staring at her intently.

Naria sensei hesitates, but only for a second. She then nods her head. “Yes, Fifth Hokage. I would like to disqualify myself as a sensei for Team 9.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's a little short. Please comment and/or subscribe! Thanks you guys! ^^