A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

"See... told you Kimina. Told you that I was a natural at being a ninja," Lloyd says to me, regarding the headband tied around his forehead.

"Yeah, whatever Lloyd. Just because you have a headband doesn't prove anything. Remember, were just starting out as genin. Just like Iruka-sensei said, it's gonna' get much harder from here on out," I look out around us at the open field where we were sitting.

"Aww, man. You really know how to spoil someone's enthusiasm, you know that?" Lloyd bellows out sarcastically.

"I'm just being truthful. I mean, were a team now... so we have to help each other out in any way we can," I illustrate clearly, half true. Lloyd lies out on the grass, and gazes up blankly at the clouds overhead. He yawns tiredly, and I could hear the faint sound of his stomach growling.

"Your still hungry... even after you just ate something?" I ask, slightly amused.

"Of course I am. Aren't you? I mean... all you ate was a couple of dumplings. I just guess your on a diet just like that Sakura and that Ino girl," he says, still looking up at the clouds.

"No! Of course not! I would never go on a diet! Diets just aren't healthy in my opinion. I like to eat. I love food," I tell him sharply. And it was true. Food was my passion for living, besides being a ninja and helping others.

"Hmmm. You know, your the first girl I ever met who actually said that they like to eat. Personally, I find it more attracting when a girl eats her share of food... and not starve herself," he replies frankly.

"Yeah, you and a couple of other dudes I bet," I state simply.

"Yeah, your right. Especially when it comes to Sasuke," he says, the last part rather quickly. Lloyd hurriedly gets up from his lying position, thinking that I was going to punch him from his last comment. But I did nothing; actually I wasn't even paying attention to him at the time.

I was gazing over at Rakuyo, who was sitting away from the both of us underneath the shade of a giant oak tree. I look at him sadly, remembering the way his expression looked before we all left the Academy. Distant and heartbreaking,,,

"Don't even bother going over there to talk with him," Lloyd tells me plainly, taking me out of my reverie.

"Why? Why you say that?" I ask, a little confused.

"Because... if he wanted to talk with us, don't you think he'll be over here with us? Besides, we have to be getting back to the Academy right now," Lloyd says, standing up and dusting off his pants.

I look at Lloyd with a confused expression. What was up with him and his attitude towards Rakuyo? But I shake the thought off. "Yeah, fine. Hey, Rakuyo! It's time to go back!" I yell over to him. Rakuyo looks up in our direction, and simply nods his head again in response. He stands up and walks over to us, with his hands inside his pockets and his eyes averted from my own.

"Rakuyo..." I begin to say.

"Alright, let's head on back!" Lloyd says loudly, interrupting me. I glare at Lloyd, but shrug it off as I follow behind the two of them back to the Academy.

~~*~~

"So... how long do you think we'll have to wait until our jounin sensei comes?" I ask both Rakuyo and Lloyd, sitting down in the nearest chair.

"Don't know. But looks like everyone is here," Lloyd replies, staring around at the usually faces. Rakuyo doesn't say anything, and just sits down in the chair next to me.

"Hey, there goes Naruto. And he doesn't look too good to me," Lloyd says aloud, trying not to laugh.

"What?" I gasp, spinning around in my chair to see what was going on. I spot Naruto immediately in the front of the room. To me, it seemed that he was clutching his stomach and looking particularly queasy. I get up abruptly and run over to his side, looking positively shocked at his condition.

"Naruto! What happened to you?" I demand, a tad mortified.

"I... I don't know. I think... I must've drunk or eaten something that was spoiled. Ohhh... my stomach!" he moans out in pain.

I try to keep myself from laughing, and luckily accomplish it. "Oh, Naruto. You know, you really should read the labels before you drink or eat anything. Otherwise you wouldn't be in this mess," I tell him, relieved that nothing serious was wrong with him.

"Yeah. I just wish that you would have told me that earlier," he replies briskly.

I smile warmly at him, before looking back over to my team sitting at the back of the class. And I was glad that I did, because there was also a young woman standing along with them. Our sensei was finally here.

"I... I have to go Naruto. I'll see you later. Hope you feel better," I say to him, quickly walking over back to your group. I hear Naruto moan in reply.

"Well, hello there. So, is this all of squad nine?" the woman asks, as I walk up beside Lloyd.

"Yep. This is it," I reply briskly, gazing at our presumed sensei. She looked to be very young, but she was devastatingly beautiful. She had short brown hair, which matched her dark brown eyes. She wore a yellow kimono, with an orange ribbon tied around her waist. On her arms, she wore two bracelets on each side and green bandages were tied around her wrists and ankles. She was petite, about the height as me.

"Alright then. Follow me," she says to us all brusquely. She turns and heads for the door.

"Wait. Where are we going?" Lloyd questions doubtfully.

"Well... we could stay here, but I don't think that you would want to be here along with everyone else. We're going to go somewhere more peaceful... where we can talk. Unless, you prefer to stay here?" she inquires him, her eyes gleaming into his.

"No, no. That's fine. We can go," Lloyd responds hastily. I nod my head in agreement.

"Alright then. Let's go," she says, walking her way outside; with Lloyd, Rakuyo and I following closely behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A tad short. But thanks for reading my story everyone! ^^