A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

No one cheered or said a word. They couldn't believe what had just happened.

Dosu's body, or what was left of it, was carried out of the arena on the stretcher. A couple of the medical ninja's stay behind to scrub up the remaining blood on the walls and floor.

I feel a great sense of regret in the pit of my stomach. I simply allowed the power to take over me. What had I just done?

Lloyd drops down from the upper railing and runs over to me. He comes to a halt beside me, his green eyes solicit as he takes in my qualm expression. "That was one hell of a battle," he says cautiously. He glances over to the patches of stained blood the med ninja's were still washing up.

"Yeah, you can say that again," I reply.

He grins. "But you won though. And now you get to go to the next exam." I smile back.

Naria sensei steps behind Lloyd. "Glad to see you've won." I continue smiling. "Hey, Lloyd, could you give us a few minutes, please?"

He hesitates, and sets his jaw hard. But he does walk away.

Naria sensei stares after him. "You know, he really was worried about you through this whole battle, and when you wouldn't wake up." I don't say anything. "He really does care about you."

"Look, Naria sensei, I know you mean well, but we both know why you wanted to talk to."

"So, you do realize what just happened here?" she asks me. I nod. "Well, we can't talk about it in detail right now, so for now you just have to repress these evil feelings that Yuuna is feeding into your mind. Just because you are cursed with her power doesn't mean--"

"Wait, how do you know that she is speaking to me?" I interject.

"I talked some more to your mother when you were in the Forest of Death." She sighs. "I just wish I would have said something to you before the beginning of this match. Maybe a life could have been spared."

"There's a lot we need to talk about, Naria sensei," I admit.

"Yes, there is," she agrees. I realize that there was a lot of meaning behind those three simple words.

I follow Lloyd and Naria sensei up the stairs. Everyone was staring at us as we walked, some whispering and the rest silent.

We go past Guy sensei's team. Tenten and Neji only gaze at me with unreadable expressions, but Lee nods his head in recognition. I tentatively smile in return.

Naria sensei and Lloyd keep on going pass Kakashi's team, but I stop.

Sakura doesn't say anything. She just smiles weakly, trying to hide her dismay.

Naruto puts his arms behind his head, and smiles his trademark grin. That's what I liked about him; nothing seemed to bother him, not even after what he just witnessed. "That was some pretty awesome stuff that happened down there!" he says sincerely. "You really gotten good, Kimina!"

Maybe in my strength, but not in other things, I think to myself. "Thanks, Naruto." I wanted to hug him then, and release all of my mixed emotions that was bottled up in me, but I suppress the urge.

The vs. panel begins going again, names flashing at random in hyper speed. Naruto turns to it, determination etched on his face.

"That first match will be a tough act to follow," Asuma says.

I catch Sasuke's eye then. He was watching me intently, his eyes a little wide.

"What? Do you got something to say?" I ask coolly.

He smirks calmly, but I could tell that it was forced. He hesitates at first. "...Nice match."

I didn't say anything back. I was surprised at his comment; it was unexpected. Sasuke turns his head, and I couldn't help but look down at his neck, where that cursed mark was placed.

The panel stops.

Misumi Tsurusi
vs.
Kankuro


I walk over to my team as the two opponents walk onto the battlefield.

They share a few words, and the brawl commences.

It is literally over in less than five minutes.

Kankuro was a puppet master and the other guy could stretch his entire body into any length, with just using his chakra.

Kankuro tricked Misumi into thinking he had him trapped, but it was really the puppet that he had his body stretched around. While the real Kankuro stepped out of the wrapped bandages he was holding earlier, the puppet took a hold of Misumi and squeezed him until his bones began cracking. It was sickening to hear.

Kankuro smiles triumphantly. He didn't even break a sweat, or get a scratch on him. Actually, he really didn't do anything at all. "Humph, not even a challenge," he says simply. Misumi falls over, unconscious.

"Kankuro is the winner of this second match," Hayate announces. Misumi is carried away on a stretcher.

Kankuro walks off the floor and back to his team. Neither Temari nor Gaara give him a side glance or a congrats.

"Those Sound ninja are no joke," Lloyd leans over and whispers. I nod, keeping my eyes on them.

Gaara looks over at me, his arms crossed over his chest.

Lloyd tenses. "I really wouldn't mind going up against him."

I chuckle dryly. "Yeah, your probably the only one here."

The panel starts moving again.

I silently pray that Lloyd wouldn't be picked against Gaara. I had all my faith in him, but he would surely be killed going up against a hardhearted demon like him.

The panel stops, and another match is chosen.

My heart skips a beat.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment!! and just to let you guys know...i'm changing a bit of these matches!!! i'm soo evil!! ^_^