A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

Hinata Hyuga
vs.
Neji Hyuga


My heart skips a beat, and I gasp, my mouth hanging open. Across from me, I can see that my best friend's face was exactly the same as mine.

The two of them walk down onto the floor; Neji cool and confident, and Hinata completely the opposite.

"I never thought we would have to fight against each other, Hinata," Neji tells her. I pick up the word brother in Hinata's replying statement.

"Wait a minute. So, their brother and sister?" I say aloud.

"No, more like cousins," Naria sensei explains.

"You should withdraw now. You are not meant to be a ninja. You are too kind and gentle. ou have absolutely no confidence," Neji states.

Hinata looks away from him. "No...your wrong. I...want to see if I can...change."

Neji scoffs. "People cannot change. No matter how hard they try. A failure will always be a failure."

I grip the railing in infuriating anger, and grit my teeth. 'This bastard...'

Neji goes on, and Hinata looks more frightened, which only heightened my anger. He may have saved Lloyd and mine's life, but I didn't give a damn about that now, not when he was lowering my friend's self-esteem.

I open my mouth to curse Neji the hell out, but Naruto beats me to it. "That does it! Who gave you the right to tell her what she can and can't do! Go on, Hinata, show this bastard what you got!"

Hinata looks up at Naruto, and smiles. She then makes a hand sign and her eyes take on the same lines as Neji's.

I smile in Naruto's direction. 'Nice going, Naruto. You gave her the confidence she needed.'

They both get into fighting stances. Seconds later, they race towards each other and go into close tai-jutsu style fighting. Every time they touched, blue chakra would bounce off the intended spot.

The style of sighing was fascinating to watch.

They get closer and closer to one another and both aim for the others heart. For a moment, neither of them moves, and my heart beats loudly in my chest.

Unfortunately, Hinata is the one who gets hit. Blood spills out of her mouth, and I cringe along with her. But she then swipes Neji's hand away, and tries to hit him again. But he grabs her arm and strikes her perfectly at one of her pressure points by her elbow. Naria sensei explained their type of fighting style to Lloyd and I.

He strikes her in her chest again, and she flies backwards.

"Hinata!" I yell.

Neji spills more false hope into her mind. Telling her to just give up.

Hinata begins to get back up. "No...I never go back...on my word." She stands to her feet, but coughs more blood up in the process. She confidently gets into a fighting stance. She charges him, and they both go back to close combat hitting.

Hinata moves to the side, but it was exactly what Neji wanted. He uppercuts her and she slides backwards, but stays on her feet, gasping for air.

My eyes widen though as I gaze at hers. There was something different about them, about her whole demeanor. There was a fierce look about her now, especially in his eyes. Thanks to Naruto, I knew. He is giving her the courage she needs.

She charges once more, her hand held back, ready to strike. But Neji strikes her hard in her chest. My mouth drops open as her body falls down to the floor.

I stare at her unmoving body. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Hayate take a few steps closer to Hinata. Wait a minute. Hinata wasn't through yet.

I tense up when Hayata begins to open his mouth. "No!" I scream.

"Don't stop this match!" Naruto and I shout at the same time. Him and I both glance at each other.

"Kimina. I know she is your friend, but she can't..." Lloyd stops himself short, when Hinata starts to pick herself up.

Neji stammers. "How are you able to...?"

"I...cannot...show weakness in front of the people I care for..." she answers weakly.

Neji narrows his eyes. "There's no point in acting tough. We both know that it is over for you. Look at how much your suffering."

Hinata shakes her head. "No, brother, you...are the one that is suffering the most. About our clan and the branch families."

"What?" Neji spits out. He glares and runs at her, ready to end it all.

Before he gets close though, every Leaf jounin appears between them and stops Neji, each of their hands on a part of his body.

Hinata faints behind them, and Naruto, Sakura, Kiba, Lee, Lloyd and I run out to her side. Kurenai sensei was there before us, checking her pulse and heartbeat.

Naruto bends down beside her head, holding her right hand gently. I stand behind Naruto, me hands clenched in anger. Hinata closes her eyes.

“Hey, you two,” Neji calls to Naruto and I. We both turn to him. “She is nothing but a hopeless failure, that poor Hinata.” His tone was malicious. “And you really should stop all that pointless cheering.” It was funny how he just stared at Naruto while he was saying all of this, not even glancing my way, but it wasn’t that funny.

Naruto charges Neji head-on, but Lee stops him.

“Kimina!” Sakura calls after me.

I run past Lee, straight for Neji myself. I throw my body against his and slam him hard against the wall, pinning him there with my left arm across his chest. I glare at him in rage. He just grits his teeth, not trying to break free.

I scowl. “I’ve had about enough of you calling her a failure! She’s nowhere near being a fucking failure! She has the kindest heart here, and she never gave up going against you, even though she knew that it might cost her life. All she wanted to do was prove her self, and she did just that! She fought bravely.” I narrow my eyes. “But Hinata is right though. You are the one who is suffering the most. You’re just covering it up with all your idiotic statements.” Neji just smirks.

I reach for my weapon pouch, wanting to put a kunai to his neck, but a hand on my shoulder stops me. It was Guy sensei.

I step back reluctantly from Neji, and turn around to see Hinata being put on a stretcher, her body seemingly lifeless.

“Hmm…” Orochimaru ponders.

We were ordered off the floor as Hinata was rushed out of the arena.

’You better be okay, Hinata. Or I swear…’ I glare at Neji.
♠ ♠ ♠
^^ comment thanks! more matches to come!