A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

He thought he would take the back way to avoid running into anyone. Anyone being his father.

He jumps off the last tree branch and into his backyard. He looks up at the house. He hadn't been here in days and it sure was a refreshing sight.

The back door opens though and the refreshing sight disappears altogether.

It was his father, Ryo. His arms were crossed and he was staring back at him with a drunken stupor.

"What's with the long face?" he father asks him. "Huh, Lloyd?"

Lloyd scowls and tries to walk past his dad into the house.

"Whoa, whoa. Where you going? I ain't done talking to you." His father steps in front of him, blocking the entrance.

"... Move," Lloyd states, a little reluctantly.

His dad laughs. "So, I see you grew some balls in these Chunin Exams."

Lloyd takes a step back, keeping his mouth shut and his face impassive. But on the inside his anger was boiling.

"Let me guess... your ass lost a match, right?" He shakes his head. "Pathetic."

"It was..."

His father speaks over him. "No more damn excuses, Lloyd. I thought I taught you better than this. So pathetic."

Lloyd bites his lip and balls his fists up at his sides, trying to keep his anger in check.

It happens so fast; Lloyd wasn't even ready for it.

His father grabs him by his shirt and pins him against the house.

He gets close to Lloyd's face. "Who the hell do you think you're balling your fists at, boy?" Ryo's eyes quickly dart to the side. He reaches into his Lloyd's weapon pouch and takes out a kunai knife. He throws it behind him.

Poof

"What the...?" Ryo gasps.

Someone had appeared in their backyard, and they stopped the kunai from striking the real Lloyd.

The cloud of smoke dissipates and the new incomer twirls the knife around her index finger.

"Naria sensei," Lloyd says, relived. He leans against the tree behind him and sighs out.

Lloyd's father takes a step back and the log, Lloyd's substitution, falls to the wooden porch.

Naria sensei glares at him for a second before turning her attention to Lloyd behind her. "I need you to come with me," she urges. "It's about Rakuyo."

~~*~~

"It's already starting to get dark out," I say, gazing up at the dusky sky.

Shikamaru nods. He was laying beside me in the tall grass, his arms behind his head, same as me.

"There's so many stars tonight too," I add.

Shikamaru sighs. "I'm just so glad to relax after those preliminary rounds."

"Yeah, me too," I agree.

Peaceful silence engulfs the small field. The cool wind blows lightly, rustling the grass around us.

Shikamaru suddenly sits up, and stares out in front of him.

"What's wrong?" I ask automatically.

He chuckles. "I see you're more perceptive than I am."

I sit up also. "Naw, not by a long shot."

"So, what was that back in the Tower?" he asks seriously. "What exactly was that green chakra?"

I tense up. I wasn't prepared for this question from anyone yet.

"Is it some type of healing jutsu you learned how to do?" he presses on.

"Not exactly," I reply with an indifferent expression. "Its just... something I can't really explain right now."

"Well, if you want to talk, I'm here," he tells me.

"Thanks."

He stands to his feet. "Well, I should be heading on home now. Got to get some rest for early training tomorrow."

I nod and stand up as well. "Yeah, me too."

He smiles. "See ya." He then disappears in a cloud of smoke.

I was left alone in the filed. The sky was fully dark now, and the stars shone brightly over head.

I take a few steps in the direction of home, but I suddenly pause. I feel someone else's presence in the field; someone watching me. I glance to my left, at the trees.

"Kimina, there you are."

I almost yelp in surprise at the voice behind me.

"What's wrong with you?" Lloyd asks me, noticing my startled face.

"Nothing," I retort. "So, what's going on?" My eyes land on Naria sensei.

She frowns. "It's about Rakuyo, Kimina."

"What's wrong?" I instinctively ask.

She doesn't answer, but simply says, "Just follow me."

I look to Lloyd, and he just shrugs. Clearly he didn't know anything either.

We both follow Naria sensei, and I couldn't help the nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach of what we were about to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
find out what happens next chapter... :*( please comment thanks!