A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

The hospital looms into view up ahead, and my stomach churns violently.

"Oh, Naria sensei, please don't..." But I couldn't finish my sentence.

She stops at the hospital's outer entrance, and my expression takes on a look of horror.

"Naria sensei, what the hell happened...?" I ask for what felt like the hundredth time, but with more emphasis and pleasing.

Lloyd steps up beside me. "Please just answer her. She's the one who's been worried about him the most. I have been too though, but she's been tearing up on the inside about it." He takes a hold of my hand for a brief second, and then let's it go. The small, intimate action takes me by surprise.

Naria sensei watches the connection, and then says, "Physically, Rakuyo himself is fine."

My eyebrow rises. "What does that mean exactly?"

She sighs and steps closer to us. "I don't know the exact details of what happened. That's why I wanted to wait for the three of us to wait to talk to the doctor and get the information from him."

"So, what do you know? If Rakuyo is okay, then what's wrong?" Lloyd questions.

"I said he was physically okay," she replies. "His mother passed away earlier today."

Lloyd and I gasp, completely taken aback.

"His mom..." I repeat. My heart skips over a beat. He lost his father not too long ago as well. Even though he turned to the Brothers of Treachery, and was one of the bad guys, he was still Rakuyo's father. I remember all too well Rakuyo's face when he realized it was hos father. He was deeply sad and troubled, and I could only imagine what he must be feeling like now...

Lloyd glances my way. "Come on. Let's go see him."

I nod, and we head past the front lawn to the entrance doors.

~~*~~

The nurse at the desk tells us that Rakuyo was down the hall on the first floor.

My heart races quicker with each step closer to the room. My mouth goes dry and it was getting hard to swallow.

We reach his door, and Naria sensei looks squarely at the both of us. "Are you two ready?" Lloyd and I reluctantly nod.

She opens the door, and my heart sinks to my pelvis. Rakuyo was sited beside the hospital bed, his head buried in his hands. There as a petite shape under the white sheets, and I realized his mother was still with him.

We all step inside, but Rakuyo doesn't lift his head up. I take a few more steps towards him,, and so does Naria sensei. I notice briefly that Lloyd was still by the door.

Naria sensei pauses in the middle of the room, but I continue on. I spot another chair in the corner of the room behind Rakuyo. I take it and wheel it at the foot of the bed beside Rakuyo.

I sit down and lightly put my hand on his shoulder. "Rakuyo...?"

He slowly lowers his hands and looks at me, and my hand falls from his shoulder. Tears instantly come to my eyes at the sight of his face, but I blink rapidly to keep them at bay.

His whole face was moist, mixed with sweat and tears. His eyes were blood-shot, and they were swollen and puffy all on the bottom and sides. And he was trembling.

I wrap my arms around him. "Oh, Rakuyo..." He leans his head into me, and his sobs begin anew.

The doctor walks in then, and I was faintly aware of Naria sensei and Lloyd following him back out.

This was just terrible. Even though we were genin ninja, we were still young; we were still just kids. To have this happen; to lose both of them, I knew was unbearable. To just lose one parent was hard enough, and I knew that all too well.

I hold Rakuyo a little tighter, and lay my head atop of his. "It's going to be okay..."

~~*~~

The doctor finishes, and then shakes his head in sadness. "Now, I am going to come back with some medical ninjas to take the body away."

Naria sensei nods, and the doctor walks down the hall.

When he was out of earshot, Lloyd asks, "So, who do you think could have done this?"

"I don't know," she replies.

"His mom was attacked. There wasn't a robbery. It was intentional." Lloyd whispers the last part, not wanting Rakuyo to over hear it, given that they were still close to the door.

"Yes, I believe you're right, Lloyd." Naria sensei turns to him. "Look, Lloyd, I need you to go back into the room with Rakuyo and Kimina. I need to check out something."

"Wait, Naria sensei, what are you...?"

She cuts him off. "Don't worry, Lloyd. I will talk to you three about it. I just have to make sure I'm right first." She walks away without another word.

Lloyd watches her until she disappears around the corner, then sighs. He glances at the door beside him, and reluctantly opens it.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment and sorry it was so short! find out what Naria sensei is up to next chapter :)