A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

Naria backtracks and runs to the field where they found Kimina at.

She pounces out of the tree line and lands in the middle of the tall grass.

She felt him here earlier, when he was watching Kimina. But she wondered faintly if he had moved to a different location. There was nothing off that she could sense in the immediate area.

But Naria knew never to speak too soon.

A small wind blows around her, and a figure appears before her. She looks up into his cold, dark blue eyes.

"I thought you said that will be the last time I would see you?" she questions. "Though don't get me wrong, I am glad you changed your mind." Each word she spoke dripped with malice and disdain.

A smirk spreads across his lips. "You just seemed like you were in a hurry to find something. Determined to figure something out, and I obviously am the one you wanted to find."

She grits her teeth. "What the hell are you planning?"

He merely laughs. "Now, Naria, it won't be no fun if I tell you, now will it?"

Naria throws a punch, but Yasu dodges. She flings another punch and a kick. He blocks and dodges. She grabs out a kunai knife and slashes out at him.

Yasu frowns, and in a blur he takes a hold of Naria's wrist, snatches the knife out of her hand, and pins her against him with the kunai held to her neck.

His hair falls around her as he leans his head over hers. "This is pointless, Naria," he whispers.

Water runs over his hands and soaks the ground at his feet. He takes a step back and then looks behind him.

"Nice," he acknowledges. "A water clone."

Naria narrows her eyes. "So, did you try to kill her?"

"Try to kill whom?"

"You know damn well what and who I am referring to," Naria says, infuriated. "You left you to die in her own house."

Yasu shakes his head. "I can't say that I do." His expression was thoroughly composed.

Naria's hands ball at his sides. "Rakuyo Sesetsu's mother. I know you are the one who attacked her in her home."

Yasu takes a couple steps forward, his face surprised. He shakes his head again. "Now why would I waste my precious time on doing something like that? You have the wrong person. I didn't do it."

"You're lying."

He almost smiles. "Prove it then."

"I don't have to. You'll be dead either way."

"Ha! You sound so sure of yourself." Yasu notices Naria's annoyance. "Frustrating, isn't it?"

Naria's eyes widen a bit.

"Frustrating that you don't know any of my plans."

"You've been here for two weeks, maybe even more than that. I know you are after my team, but you haven't made a single move against them, even though you have been watching them."

Yasu laughs. "How do you know that it is me watching?"

"Don't try to fool me, Yasu. I know you are after my students, but you are waiting around for something to happen. What the hell is it?"

"And you know what else I know is frustrating you," he says, ignoring her inquiring questions. Your frustration that you know you can't beat me. You can't possibly win against me, no matter how hard you try. That's why your just standing there, because you know there is no point."

"Shut up!" Naria yells. She hurls a few shuriken at him, but he leans to the left and each one misses him. "What the hell are you planning?"

She points her index finger at him. Yasu smirks.

"What the hell are you waiting for?!" A small ball of green chakra materializes atop her finger and she flings it at the ground near Yasu's feet, sending an explosion of debris at him.

Yasu jumps high into the air, out of the heavy smoke.

"Damn it," Naria mutters.

Yasu sails down towards her, but Naria jumps backwards out of his way as he lands where she just stood.

She was still gliding through the air when she felt another presence of someone else behind her. She lands on her feet and glances behind her. The figure held a sword in his hands, and he drew it back, ready to plunge it deep into her back and pierce her heart.

Naria tries to spin her feet and move sideways, but she wasn't quick enough. She feels the sword drive deep into her shoulder, slicing through cleanly out the other side.

The man takes his sword out an the wind blows heavily all around her. She falls to her knees, blood pooling down the side of her body.

She looks up, expecting to see Yasu standing above her, but he was gone. Even the man with the sword was had disappeared as well. She was left alone in the field.

Pain envelopes her, shooting through her body like fire. She leans forward and begins to fall as her vision succumbs to darkness.

~~*~~

I couldn't sleep. I lay in bed, my eyes wide awake, staring out the window at the night sky.

I couldn't stop thinking about earlier that night. About the absolute pain etched in Rakuyo's features, and the never ending tears.

I was also deeply worried about him. He told Lloyd and I that he was returning him, but he was all alone there; wallowing in his grief alone.

I couldn't take it anymore. I roll out of bed and change into a pair of shorts and t-shirt, and slip on my shoes. I unlock my window and open it inwards. I step out silently and stand on the rooftop. I close my window behind me.

I didn't know exactly where Rakuyo lived, only that it was near the outskirts of the village. I was aware of a house on the eastern most part of the city that was close to the outer rim. I decide to start there.

A few minutes later I stop and land on one knee on a roof. I look up and spot a house high atop the hill, almost out of sight of passersby. I notice a light on near the front of the house.

I jump from the roof and onto one of the many trees on the other side of the small dirt road. I leap from tree to tree, going up and up.

I make it in front of the cottage house, and the desolate look of it made my heart cringe. I approach the front door, but hesitate on knocking.

What was I really doing here? What was I going to say that he hadn't heard already?

I sigh out heavily and knock on the wooden door. To my surprise, it just swings open by itself. I look inside, and my mouth drops open.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! thanks!! :D