A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

There was one light illuminating the small room in the far corner. The sofa was tipped over and shredded in multiple places. The table looked like it had been sliced in half. On the wall opposite the door, the floral wallpaper was torn in strips, and there was even... dried blood in one spot near the floor.

I spotted Rakuyo last. He was sitting in the middle of the room, amongst all the turmoil. He was holding something in his hands, his attention all consumed by it.

I walk inside and quietly close the door behind me. Rakuoy didn't even turn his head to me. Anyone probably could have come in with no problem. He had completely let down his guard, all of his defenses. Sympathy coils through me.

"Rakuyo," I speak lowly. He still doesn't acknowledge me. His blue jacket was sprawled on the floor next to him, leaving him in only his white t-shirt. His usual dark pants were replaced with some black shorts.

"Rakuyo...?" I try again. I notice his hand flex involuntarily around the photograph he was holding.

I was standing a few feet away from him now, and could see perfectly over his shoulder. It was a photo of him and his mother, when Rakuyo was younger. His mother was sitting on a park bench and Rakuyo was on her lap, and they both wore cheerful smiles.

"This was when we were all still a family," Rakuyo says, his voice terribly hoarse.

I sit down beside him, keeping silent.

"My father took the picture on the day we all went for a picnic. It was one of the last happy moments before my whole like came crashing down."

Before his father turnded against the Leaf, I realize.

"Rakuyo... I don't want you to be alone through all this," I state truthfully. He looks at me then.

I continue. "I could stay here with you tonight... or you could come with me back to my house. Actually, you should come back with me. And stay there with my mother and I for awhile. She won't mind at all."

His expression almost takes on a surprised look. I was sort of too at the proposal, but I meant it. He was my teammate; I wanted to be there for him. No, not even him being my teammate, I would want to help him even if he wasn't.

He looks back at the photo.

"So, what do you say?"

~~*~~

"That jounin is really starting to get on my nerves," the man says irritably.

Yasu chuckles beside him. "I should have finished here then and there," he continues.

Yasu closes his eyes and leans against the tree. "That would have been too easy. And besides, killing here won't prove anything.. yet. I just want those three genin. But we have to wait till the time is right."

"She's getting in the way."

"Which makes things more interesting. And I doubt she is going to try to interrogate us further. The wound you punctured didn't kill her, but it made for substantial damage."

Yasu's companion eyes narrow. "That young girl would just heal her up. And if Naria comes for answers again, I won't hesitate to eliminate her."

Yasu sighs. "As you wish. But for these next few weeks we need to stay hidden and undetected. No more watchful eyes."

"Though I must give that jounin woman credit, she is very perceptive. She even guessed right about that boy's mother..."

"Enough talk," Yasu interrupts. "Let us go."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry bout this being reallt short :) please comment!