A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

The electricity dies down from around his hand, the sparks disappearing from view. Sweat drips down onto the dirt ground as he slumps over a little from overexerting his chakra.

"You are going to need a lot more power for this jutsu," Kakashi tells him with a calm demeanor.

Sasuke barely made out what his sensei said. His mind was clouded with thoughts of something entirely different. He cursed himself for even thinking about it.

'You bastard! What did you do to Sasuke!' She runs out at the demon with a kunai in hand.

'Why did she even say that, anyway?' Sasuke grits his teeth.

"Sasuke! Let's try it again."

"Yeah, I heard you," Sasuke replies curtly. Electricity flares from his hand once again.

~~*~~

"Naruto, what the hell happened to your face?" I ask, regarding his black and blue shiner around his eye.

"Um... well..." He scratches the back of his head in embarrassment. "Sakura... did this."

"Why?" My expression was incredulous.

"Because I did this new sexy justsu with Konahamaru," he admits sheepishly.

I try not to laugh and just sigh. "Oh boy..."

"But it's okay," he lies. It was practically getting bigger and pulsating with every passing second.

I shake my head and hold out my hand. "Let me help you with that."

"No!" He takes a step back from me. "It's fine, Kimina. Really." He smiles. "It doesn't hurt that much anyway."

"But it does hurt, Naruto. Let me just get rid of it." I held out my hand again, reaching up for his face.

He suddenly grabs a hold of my wrist, and looks me seriously in the eye.

"Naruto... what...?"

"I don't want you to heal me, Kimina," he says simply.

My eyes widen. "What? Why?"

He lets go of my wrist and averts his gaze. "Yesterday, when we bumped into each other, I followed after you to your house."

I look confused for a second, but then I realize. "So, I'm assuming you heard the conversation between me and my mom."

He nods. "I know you're not going to stop using that healing power. That's why I'm telling you not to use it now."

"Even if I stop using it, Naruto, it won't make a difference. Either outcome will be the same regardless," I tell him dishearteningly.

"I don't believe that."

"Huh?"

"I don't believe that the outcomes will be the same regardless. Just because this Yuuna person put this curse on your family doesn't mean she has all the power. It's up to you what will happen, Kimina." He gives me a thumbs-up.

I smile beside myself. Naruto just had that affect on me and I loved it. "You always know the right thing to say. And you're right."

"It's true. You just have to believe in yourself, Kimina," he says.

"Right. Thanks, Naruto," I say wholeheartedly.

He grins and the smile erases the doubt from my heart. Some of it anyway.

"Oh, hey, you guys."

I look behind Naruto and see Shikamaru and Chouji walking around the corner.

"Hey, Shikamaru. Hey, Chouji," I say.

"How's it going, you two?" Chouji asks in between bites of potato chips.

"Nothing, just talking," Naruto replies. "What are you two doing?"

"We're going to get some BBQ! Shikamaru's treat!" Chouji proclaims happily.

"Oh really? That sounds really good," Naruto says with equal enthusiasm.

"You two should come too," Chouji states with no hesitation.

Shikamaru is taken aback. "Whoa, Chouji... I--"

"Alright, then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Naruto throws his fist into the air and takes off down the road, with Chouji following closely behind him.

"Hey, wait! Oh boy..." Shikamaru sighs.

I put my arm around his shoulders. "So, your paying, huh?" He nods. "Good, because I'm starving."

"This is such a drag."

I pull away from him and laugh. "Hey, wait up, you guys!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo why is Sasuke thinking about Kimina?

And I LOVE NARUTO!!!!! comment comment comment! thanks! :D