A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

Lloyd charges at top speed towards Naria, determination driven in his eyes.

"What is he thinking? Just let him handle this on his own? What does he think he can accomplish by fighting her all on his own? We should just go out there and help him... regardless of what he would say. Right, Rakuyo?" I request, a hopeful expression planted on my face. Rakuyo doesn't answer. I look back at him. He was neither looking at me, nor at Lloyd and Naria sensei up ahead. He was merely gazing down at the grass around where his feet stood, apparently lost in his own thoughts.

Flashback

Rakuyo's P.O.V.

"Just go on home, you loser!" a blonde boy, by the name of Tomi, yells at me.

"But... but... I just want to practice my shuriken jutsu with you guys," I innocently reply, observing the two shuriken in the boy's hand.

"Hmph. No! Maybe we don't want you to practice your measly shuriken jutsu with us?" a red-headed girl on the right of Tomi, by the name of Auri, states coarsely.

"Yeah... and maybe we don't want you to hang out with us at all!" a boy on the left of Tomi, by the name of Aro, implies harshly.

"But... I... I could help," I stammer, a bit saddened at their comments. I fight back tears. Why do I even bother, everyone is always mean to me…

"No. We don't need your pathetic help. We can handle this all on our own. And besides... you'll just get in the way," Tomi tells me in a rude-mannered tone. He shoves me with his hand, and I lose my balance and fall on my butt to the ground. The other two kids laugh hysterically, and I burst into tears.

End of Rakuyo's P.O.V.

End Flashback

"Rakuyo! Hey, Rakuyo!" I shout loudly, trying to get his attention. He glances up at me, his expression remotely solemn. "Are you okay?" I notice his indistinct look.

"Yeah... I'm fine,” he answers, mostly to himself than to me I thought. I shake my head and look back at my stupid teammate.

Lloyd draws his arm back, ready to throw a punch. Naria sensei simply closes her eyes and smirks steadfastly, and dodges easily at his needless attempt. Lloyd drops to the ground, and swings his leg under her feet, but in knowing what he was trying to do she just swiftly jumps into the air and flips backwards away from him. He tries charging her once more, with his arm pulled back for another punch.

Naria sensei effortlessly blocks his attack, by grabbing a hold of his fist before impact. He winces slightly at the tightness of her grip, and tries desperately to get out of it, but to no avail. Without letting go of his hand, she merely throws him back in the direction of where Rakuyo and I were standing.

Before Lloyd falls to the ground, a small ball of green chakra appears on Naria sensei's index finger. She flicks it off of her finger, directing it to hit under Lloyd's body; which creates a diminutive amount of earth and dirt to shoot out from under him, sending him flying back another twenty yards.

"Lloyd!" I scream, feeling uneasiness swell up in the pit my stomach. I had to help him, regardless of what he said. I start to run out towards him but stop myself short. He doesn’t need my help, the thought reoccurs in my mind over and over again. He made that perfectly clear to both Rakuyo and I.

But then the uneasiness in my stomach then quickly turns into dread, as I feel Naria sensei's gaze center upon me. I turn away from Lloyd, who was sitting on his knees breathing heavily, and stare out at her with a sense of panic and dismay.

'Hmm? Looks like her confidence is slowly diminishing away,' Naria sensei observes, watching me from afar.

'No. Snap out of it, Kimina! I can't let her see that I am afraid. I have to do this! I am not going back to the Academy,' I say to myself, walking forward; signaling to Naria sensei that I was to fight her next.

I do a couple of hand signs and yell out, "Fire style: Fireball jutsu!"

"What? How in the world are these genin able to use this type of jutsu?" Naria states questioningly, glaring out at the fire that was racing towards her. She quickly makes a hand sign, and throws her arms out in front of her, producing a whirlwind of wind to soar in the way of the incoming fire. The wind, being so powerful, overbears the fire and rapidly distinguishes it away.

'It's no use for them to keep using that jutsu. But still... these genin have stored up talent within them,' Naria says to herself surely.

I stare wide-eyed, mouth agape, as her wind jutsu finally diminishes away. “It’s no use. She’s too powerful. I’ll be a fool if I go up and do close hand-to-hand combat. I’ll be in the same position as Lloyd…” I stay rooted in my position, and sigh out heavily.

"Looks like she has given up," Naria utters with a sigh.

"Kimina!" Lloyd exclaims, running over to my side.

"Lloyd," I barely manage to speak, my throat going dry.

"Alright... this assignment now comes to an end. I have given you the opportunity to show me what true shinobi you could be... and some of you have shown me some impressive skills. But now it is time for me to tell you whether you have past or failed," she declares, a sense of disappointment evident in her voice.

'Oh, man. She doesn't sound to happy about this,' I ponder worryingly, my heartbeat racing inside my chest. Naria lays her eyes on Rakuyo, who was gazing back at her with wavering
ones as he stood away from Lloyd and I.

"Now then..." she begins to say, looking at us all with narrowed eyes. "You all have... failed!"

"What!" Lloyd proclaims flabbergasted. "What do you mean we failed?"

"What isn't there to understand, Lloyd? You three are obviously not ready to take on the responsibilities of ninja life. You all still have the mindsets of Ninja Academy children and not the genin that you are supposed to be!" she retorts indignantly.

'So... this is it. It's all over,' I contemplate sorrowfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy, thanks for reading you guys! Please comment and/or subscribe. ^^