My Life as a Vampire Sucks

Blood Drunk

Artimas grabs Kanashii's hand, and they walk inside.

"Blood!" Kanashii says, looking around for the source of the smell. Artimas smiles as he watches some guy getting beat up with a bloody nose.

"Don't rush. There are others that taste better than he does." Artimas says, laying a hand on her shoulder to keep her from lunging while he talked. She nods, and follows Artimas to a bar table. "Give us two cold ones." Artimas says, leaning against the counter. The guy at the bar smiles, and pushes two cups of red liquid up to Artimas and Kanashii.

"What is that?" Kanashii asks, looking at the cup like it's a foreign object.

"Can you not sense what it is?" Artimas asks, looking at her with calculating eyes.

"......my senses are kinda off kilter today." Kanashii says, shrugging.

"Then why don't you go find someone, and have some fun?" Artimas asks, twirling his drink in his hand.

"All right." Kanashii says, grinning. She leaves the bar, and the bartender turns to Artimas.

"Who is that girl?" The bartender known as Steve asks. Artimas glares up at him.

"Don't even think about it, Steve." Artimas says in a forceful voice.

"I wasn't going to, I was just wondering." Steve says, turning away from Artimas. Artimas sighs, and turns to watch Kanashii walking away from him.

"She's my daughter." Artimas says in a soft voice.

"So this one is...." Steve mutters.

"Yes....but no one knows. Not even Kanashii herself." Artimas says with a sigh as he looks at Steve.

"So, are you going to tell her?" Steve asks, looking towards Kanashii as well.

"When the time is right." Artimas says with a grin. Steve turns around, and putsa glass on the counter next to him. "Next thing I have to figure out is whether I want her to continue to go to that school." Artimas says, sneering at the word.

"Well, I can't help you there..." Steve says.

"I know." Artimas says with a sigh. He smiles when he catches the scent of fresh blood.

"Smells like she already knows how to be a vampire." Steve says, looking in the direction of the blood.

"Yeah...and it's getting dangerous to keep her here." Artimas says. Kanashii walks back to Artimas, and smiles, revealing the blood that's still on her fangs. "Are you full?" Artimas asks.

"Yes!" Kanashii says with a smile.

"Then lets get going." Artimas says, standing up. He turns to Steve. "See you next week." Artimas says with a lazy wave of his hand.

"Yeah, see yuh." Steve says with a grin. With one last smile from Artimas, both Kanashii and him walk out of the bar with Kanashii skipping.

So, how did he taste?" Artimas asks as they walk towards home.

"Not that good, actually." Kanashii says, folding her hands behind her back.

They walk for a few more block before suddenly, Kanashii falls to her kness.

"You drank a drunk one's blood, didn't you?" Artimas asks with a shake of his head as he looks down at Kanashii.

"I guess so." Kanashii says, partually slurring her words. Artimas grabs her arm, and helps her up.

"Lets go home." Artimas says.He drags Kanashii home, and they sit on the couch. "I think it's time to tellyou the truth." Artimas says as he sits down next to her.

"What's that?" Kanashii asks, grasping her head in her hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
...