My Life as a Vampire Sucks

Nightmares

"Well.....I suppose we should hunt...or at least I should." Artimas says, looking down at Kanashii.

"You're going to choose my food for me!" Kanashii questions, sounding outraged.

"Haha! Do you honestly think you'll be able to withstand travel?" Artimas questions.

"Of course I will!" Kanashii says in a stubborn voice. She stands up with great difficulty, and walk towards the door.

"All right. If you're sure, but if you get weak, we're coming back!" Artimas says in a there's-no-questioning-this voice.

"Bu-" Kanashii begins, but is cut off by Artimas.

"But nothing. It's either that, or you don't go at all!" Artimas says, glaring down at her. Kanashii's eye twitches in annoyance as she looks at Artimas, but sighs.

"All right, you win." Kanashii says.

"Then let's go." Artimas says as he walks up to her, and swings her arm over his shoulder. He walks out of the house.

They walk for a couple miles.

"Can we take a quick break? I'm starting to get a little dizzy." Kanashii says, laying a hand against her forehead. Artimas looks at her with worried eyes. "Don't worry, it's just the bright lights." Kanashii says, waving her hand.

"All right." Artimas says, not sounding convinced. He walks into the shadows, and sets her down on a bench. He then sits down next to her.

"I'm suddenly so.....tired!" She says as she yawns.

"Because you need food." Artimas says, running his eyes over her.

"Yeah, probably, but I'm only going to rest for a short time." Kanashii says. Artimas looks down at her.

"Go ahead." Artimas says with a tender look on his face. She nods, and closes her eyes.

About two hours later, Kanashii slowly wakes up to see that she's back in her bed.

"What happened?" Kanashii asks in a tired voice.

"You fell asleep." Artimas says simply.

"Oh.....sorry." She says.

"Don't worry about it. I hunted for both of us, unfortunately, you'll have to drink the stuff I collected." Artimas says.

"All right...so, how long do you estimate I'll be sick like this?" Kanashii asks, looking like she's about to kill something.

"A couple days to a year." Artimas says.

"WHAT!!!" Kanashii yells, looking at Artimas. She sits up in the bed, eyes wide at that sentence. "What do you mean, a YEAR?! No way can I stay like this for that long!" Kanashii says, sounding horrified.

"I know it's not a very inviting prospect, but there's really nothing I can do." Artimas says. She sighs, and lays back down.

"I suppose there's nothing at all that we can do about it, huh?" Kanashii asks in a grumbly voice.

"Not really. You'll just have to bare with it. Of course, it would help a great deal if you would get enough sleep!" Artimas says, glaring at Kanashii.

"Yeah, I suppose, but for some reason, I'm having a really hard time sleeping." Kanashii says as she yawns.

"Nightmares?" Artimas asks. Kanashii sighs, and turns on her side so she's looking at the wall. "What kind of nightmares?" Artimas presses.

"There's this guy, and he keeps saying that he's looking for me." Kanashii says in a distastful voice. Artimas swollows hard.

*So, he's sending her telepatic messages, huh? I should probably go, and talk to him tonight after she falls asleep.* Artimas says mentally.

About an hour later, Kanashii slowly begins to drift into a deep slumber. Artimas sighs, and leaves the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
...