My Life as a Vampire Sucks

Bring Her to Me

"It's going to be a very long night." Artimas complains as he begins to glow, and walks down the street.

Meanwhile, Kagetura is feeding when he hears someone come in the room.

"Come on in, Artimas. I was just finishing up." Kagetura says, dropping the body to the ground.

"If this isn't a good time, I can come later." Artimas says, looking at the body.

"No need for that....have a seat." Kagetura says, motioning towards a chair. Artimas walks in, and sits down on the chair by Kagetura. "So, tell me. How is she doing?" Kagetura asks, looking at Artimas expectantly.

"She's sleeping." Artimas says with a shrug.

"Did something happen?" Kagetura asks with a smirk on his face.

"I had the doctor come, and found out that she's exhausted from not sleeping enough." Artimas says.

"And why would that be?" Kagetura questions. Artimas looks at him.

"Cuz she tries to stay awake at all times to make sure nothing happens to her." Artimas explains.

"Really!" Kagetura asks, sounding interested.

"That, and she's been having nightmares." Artimas says. Kagetura laughs, and smiles evilly at Artimas.

"I've been doing that, but enough of this. Bring her to me....sleeping or not." Kagetura commands.

"As you wish, Lord Kagetura." Artimas says, inclining his head seconds before he disappears.

Meanwhile, Kanashii's having another bad dream. She wakes up suddenly, and sees that no one's there with her.

"Artimas?" Kanashii questions. She gets up, and holding the wall, walks down to the kitchen. "What a horrible dream! Wow!" She says as she walks to the table, and sits down. She sighs, and takes a drink of the blood that Artimas had left out for her. "I am so sick of feeling weird jolts of pain that have been going through me." Kanashii complains to herself as she looks down at her glass of blood. She senses someone by her, and jumps up, looking around. To her annoyance, she doesn't see anyone. "Damn it all to hell!" Kanashii yells, throwing her arms in the air.

"You know, you really shouldn't talk like that. Royal families should never swear." Artimas says from behind her.

"Yeah well, if you're the one on the edge, you'd probably be swearing too." Kanashii mutters in annoyance.

"Yeah, probably. But I'm not the one that needs to watch what she's saying, now am I?" Artimas asks with a smile. Kanashii turns to look at him.

"HE told you to bring me to him, didn't he?" Kanashii asks, eyes narrowed.

"Yeah, so come on." Artimas says, holding out his hand for her to take, but to his surprise, she gets up, and starts walking away. "What's your problem?" Artimas questions. He follows her out of the kitchen, and into the small livingroom. He sees her sitting on the couch, and walks over to sit across from her. "Something wrong?" Artimas asks in a worried voice.

"Forget it." Kanashii says with a sigh as she leans her head back against the back of the couch. She looks into his eyes, and sees the sudden urgency in them. "Fine, I'll tell you." Kanashii says with a sigh.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only one more chapter in this one....
Peace!!
KcA