My Life as a Vampire Sucks

The Mark of Kaname

Suddenly, Kanashii remembers something.

"Oh shit! I have to get going!" Kanashii yells, eyes wide.

"All right." Luna says, looking at Kanashii with understanding. Kanashii opens her window back up, and jumps out it, leaving Luna alone in her room.

"Kaname's going to kill me!" Kanashii yells as she finally gets to the office. She goes inside.

"You're late!" Kaname says, glaring at her.

"I know, I'm sorry..." Kanashii says, looking at the ground.

"I hear that some of the humans living around here have been being killed." Kaname says, looking at herwith suspicious eyes.

"Who's doing it?" Kanashii asks, sounding confused.

"I have reason to believe that the humans are starting to get suspicious about us." Kaname says, completely ignoring her question.

"......." Kaname turns around, and looks at Kanashii.

"I have leads that suggest that you had something to do with these attacks." Kaname says, looking at her with a pissed off look. Kanashii's completely silent. "So, am I right?" Kaname questions.

"The only reason I killed those people is because they were__" Kanashii begins, only to be cut off.

"I don't want to hear it! As of today, you are to become a member of the school protection force." Kaname says in a voice that says there's no questioning his decision.

"What! Why!?" Kanashii yells, looking at him in horror.

"There you will become as powerless as a human." Kaname says, sounding sure.

"What the hell! Why me l__" Kanashii stands up when Kaname turns around, and looks at her with a stern look.

"You will do this! And just so you don't decide to go against my will." Kaname says as he takes his hand, and presses his fingers into her neck. "All right, you can go." Kaname says, taking his hand off her neck.

"All right." Kanashii says. She leaves, and slowly walks back to the dorm holding on to the side of her neck. "Damn that hurts!" She says through gritted teeth. Suddenly, she takes her hand off her neck, only to see blood all over it. "What the hell's wrong with me!" Kanashii questions no one in particular. She jumps back through her window, only to see Artimas. "Artimas! Why did you come back?" Kanashii questions, looking at him, confused.

"Actually, I never left." Artimas says with a shrug.

"So you heard..." Kanashii says, looking at the ground.

"Yeah, I heard everything you said to that Luna girl." Artimas says, watching Kanashii.

'Damn!' Kanashii growls. Suddenly, she feels another jolt of pain.

"What's gotten into you? Is your bite marks hurting that bad?" Artimas questions, looking at Kanashii with a worried look. Kanashii shakes her head as sweat falls down her face.

"No......it's......" Kanashii passes out. Just before she hits the ground, Artimas appears next to her, and catches her.

"What the hell's going on?" Artimas questions, worried. He peals Kanashii's hand away from her neck, and looks at it. "So, it's already starting to show up." Artimas says, looking at the slightly noticable mark on her neck. He picks her up, carries her back to her bed, and lays her across it. "Looks like you'll get to meet Zero after all." Artimas says, looking out the window. He sighs, and sits down on the floor next to her bed.

Morning comes. Kanashii sighs, and opens her eyes.

"Ugh....my neck hurts." She slurs as she clamps her hand over the pain ridden spot.

"Morning." Luna's chipper voice says. She's looking down at Kanashii.

"What the hell!! How did you get in here?" Kanashii questions, eyes widening at the sight of Luna's face.

"Your door was open." Luna says with a shrug.
♠ ♠ ♠
...