My Life as a Vampire Sucks

Protector Duty

"Ugh! What happened? Oh shit!" Kanashii stands up, and gets dressed.

"What's the hurry?" Luna asks, watching as Kanashii bouces around on one foot in a attempt to get her skirt on.

"I have to keet Yuki and Zero! I w__" Kanashii begins, only to be cut off by Luna's yelling.

"Wait a minute! What do you mean you're going to meet with Zero?" Luna questions, looking at Kanashii like she's lost it.

"Yeah, but it's only cause Kaname told me to.....well....more like demanded that I do so." Kanashii says as she gets her skirt on. Luna walks up to Kanashii, and moves the hair on her neck.

"What the hellis that?" Luna questions, pointing to something on Kanashii's neck.

"A mark that Kaname gave me." Kanashii says with a shrug.

"What the hell!" Luna yells, taking a step back.

"I'll explain later. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to go so that I don't get in trouble!" Kanashii says, walking past Luna.

"All right. I guess I'll see yuh later." Luna says, holding her hands up in surrender.

"Yeah, see yuh during class tonight!" Kanashii says with a smile as she runs out the door, heading towards where Zero and Yuki hang out. "Hey, Zero." Kanashii says, walking towards Zero.

"Since when do you talk to me." Zero demands, glaring at Kanashii. She hooks her hands behind her back.

"Oh....I don't know...I guess since I'm now on guard duty with you and Yuki I figured I should probably talk to you." Kanashii says with a shrug.

"When did you__" Zero begins, only forKanashii to cut him off.

"Kaname made me last night." Kanashii says.

'So, he's worried that she's going to go out of control too, huh?' Zero questions himself. Both of them turn when they hear someone headed towards them.

"Morning Zero, and you must be Kanashii." Yuki says, holding her hand out to shake.

"Yeah, Kaname told me to come here this morning." Kanashii says, shaking Yuki's hand.

"Well, I suppose we better start." Yuki says with a grin. She walks towards the moon dorm, followed closely by Zero and Kanashii.

"Hey Zero?" Kanashii questions as they walk across campus.

"Whatis it?" Zero demands.

"Yuki's human, right?" Kanashii questions, not bothering to make eye contact.

"Yeah, but she's the adopted daughter of the headmaster and Kaname's girl. So don't do anything you might regret." Zero says, sounding absolutely serious.

"How stupid do you honestly think I am?" Kanashii questions, glaring back at him.

"It's you first day." Zero says with a shrug.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I would be stupid enough to attack her!" Kanashii says, glaring daggers at him now.

"Would the two of you speed uP!" Yuki yells over her shoulder. Zero grabs Kanashii's arm, and pushes her in front of him.

"Get moving!" Zero growls. Kanashii sighs.

"All right, all right!!....." Kanashii says as she speeds up.

The day goes on, and nothing much happens.

Six o'clock comes, and Kanashii sighs.

"Well, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Kanashii says as she walks towards her class.

"I wonder what's wrong with her." Yuki questions when Kanashii disappears.

"Don't worry. She's just never been too into hanging out with humans. She'll get used to it eventually." Zero says with a shrug. He leaves, and Yuki walks back to the moon dorm.

"How was she?" Kaname questions after Yuki had been in his dorm for a few hours.

"She didn't attack any humans, but she didn't seem too happy to be spending time with them either." Yuki says, looking out the window at the night class going on in the classroom across the road.

'Doesn't surprise me.' Kaname says as he looks out the window at the classroom as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
...