My Life as a Vampire Sucks

A Sword

Meanwhile, the night class had begun, and Kanashii was sitting, listening to one of her teachers talk.

'God, why do I have to be involved in the day class protection program! I have enough to do!' Kanashii complains as she takes notes on the teacher's lecture.

The night goes on, and soon classes are over. Kanashii walks out of her last class, and back to her room.

"Too much to do tomorrow! That, and you seem to turn up everywhere I go!" Kanashii says, turning to glare at Artimas.

"So, how was your first day working for Kaname?" Artimas asks as he sits leisurely on her window ceil. She looks at him, and sits on her bed with a sigh.

"Why do you ask?" Kanashii questions, face buried in her hands.

"Just wondering." Artimas says, sounding completely casual.

"Can't you__" Kanashii begins, only to stop when a knock is heard. Kanashii gets up. "Coming!" She tells the person on the other side of the door. She opens it, and sees a sword on the ground. "A.....sword?!" She questions.

"Probably a gift from Kaname." Artimas says from the window. He gets up, and turns towards the window.

"You're leaving?" Kanashii questions, surprised.

"Yeah, I need to get something." Artimas says. Kanashii looks at him weird as he jumps out the window.

Oh.....kay?" Kanashii says, shutting her window. She falls back on her bed, and falls asleep.

Morning comes. Kanashii wakes up, and looks at the time.

"Shit! I'm late!" Kanashii yells as she jumps out of her bed. She gets dressed at top speed. "Got to go!" She chants as she runs out the door, and out of the dorm. She runs to where Yuki and Zero are standing.

"You're late!" Yuki says, looking at Kanashii's messiness. "Did you wake up late?" She asks.
"Yeah..." Kanashii says as she stiffles a yawn.
"Well, let's get started!" Yuki says. The three of them walk around the campus. Suddenly, a human runs up to them.

"Hey guys! How have you been?" The girl asks looking at Zero and Yuki.

"Good. How 'bout you?" Yuki says, smiling at the girl. Zero looks at Kanashii, and sees her eyes changing color.

"Hey, Yuki?" Zero says, not daring to look away from Kanashii.

"Huh?" Yuki says, looking at him.

"I'm going to take Kanashii away from here." Zero says. Yuki looks at Kanashii, and her eyes widen as well.

"All right. I'll catch up to you guys later!" Yuki says. Zero drags Kanashii away from Yuki.

"Kanashii!" Zero growls.

"Huh?" Kanashii says, snapping out of her trance. "What happened?" She says, shaking her head to try to clear it.

"The human?" Zero says, looking at her with anger filled eyes.

"Oh, that's right! She was bleeding and__oh god! I'm so stupid!" Kanashii says, smacking her head with her palm.

"I cut the inside of my hand with my nails when that happens. That way, I focus on my own blood instead of the humans." Zero says, showing Kanashii his bloody palm.

"Thanks, Zero." Kanashii says with a smile.

"No prob." Zero says. He sits on the ground, and Kanashii jumps up into the tree. She sits on one of the branches.

A hour or so go by. Yuki wanders over to where Kanashii and Zero are sitting. She sits down next to Zero.

"Is she better now?" Yuki asks.

"I can hear you, you know!" Kanashii yells down from the tree.

"Oh, sorry!" Yuki says, looking up at her.

"Don't worry about her. She'll be fine." Zero says. Kanashii folds her arms across her chest, and looks away from them.
♠ ♠ ♠
...