My Life as a Vampire Sucks

Unexpected Visitor

Artimas smiles, and the two of them walk out of the house, into the streets. They begin to look fora innocent human to kill.

"Why haven't we had any luck tonight?" Kanashii questions after they had walked around for a while without any luck.

"Maybe because it's so cold." Artimas says with a shrug.

"I doubt it. Something just doesn't feel right." Kanashii says, looking around her. She whips her head from side-to-side, looking for some kind of movement. She backs up, and leaves. "There's something out there." Kanashii says in a angry voice. Artimas grabs her arm, and pulls her back to him.

"It's all right." Artimas says as he kisses the top of her head.

"But what abou__" She's cut off by someone coming out of a house nearby.

"There you go. There's your food." Artimas says, gesturing towards the human.

"But ARTIMAS!! There's something strange going on here." Kanashii says in a worried voice.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out." Artimas says, pushing her forward a few steps. She looks at him, and he understands. "All right, let's go." He says with a sigh. They fly off.

When they get back to the house, Kanashii walks into her room, and sits on her bed. Artimas comes in, and sits down next to her.

"So....why were you anxious to get out of there tonight?" Artimas questions, looking at Kanashii.

"I don't know actually. Something inside me told me that I shouldn't be there." Kanashii says with a sigh. Artimas pulls her towards him.

"Maybe it was just shock from being back out there." Artimas says in a sad voice.

"Yeah, maybe." Kanashii says. She sighs, and leans against Artimas's chest. He strokes a hand through her hair.

"Maybe tomorrow night." He says in a soft voice. He looks at her, and smiles.

"I'm sure you're right." She says as she yawns, and walks out of the room to get a drink. When she senses someone, she runs to the window, and looks out, only to see...

"ZERO!!?" Kanashii yells, pulling the window open. Zero looks at her as she jumps out it.

"Hey Kanashii." Zero says as she walks towards him.

"Why are you here?" Kanashii asks, looking around the street.

"I came to see you." Zero explains. Suddenly, she sees Zero look behind her with a angry look on his face.

"What's wrong, Zero?" Kanashii questions, looking at him in worry. She looks over her shoulder, only to see Artimas standing there.

"Who's this?" Artimas questions in a angry voice.

"This is Zero Kiryu. He's a friend of mine from school." Kanashii explains, gesturing towards Zero. Artimas looks at her.

"Why don't you go inside, Kanashii." Artimas says, steping aside for her to walk back to the house. She nods her head. He turns back to Zero once Kanashii shuts the door. "You work for the headmaster, don't you?" Artimas says in a neutral voice. Zero smiles.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm here to take Kanashii." Zero says. Suddenly, Artimas bursts out laughing. "What the hell's so funny?" Zero questions as his eyes narrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
...