Status: 11/9 - Haven't updated in a while,but STILL ACTIVE! I'll try to update soon!

We Say Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

005.

x.x.x

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

I watched with boredom as water dripped from the faucet.

The sound really bothered me, but I was too lazy to get up and turn the faucet completely off.

So I continued to count how many times the water dripped.

I was on 89 when all of a sudden there was a loud bang on the table.

I tore my attention away from the water to find Cam disapprovingly shaking his head at me from the other side of the table.

"What?"

He sighed as he sat down opposite of me.

"We've been here for almost a week and you haven't left the house since we got here." he said.

I shrugged, "So?"

He rolled his eyes, "So, that's not normal, especially for you. When we visit you're the one who's never home because you're at the beach, in town or doing stuff with your friends." he pointed out.

"Yeah well, if you haven't noticed, I don't have any more friends here." I curtly replied.

Cam was about to reply when Nonna walked into the room, thankfully ending our conversation, for now at least.

"Hey kids. Who wants to help me go grocery shopping?" she asked as she gathered her purse and keys.

"Addison does!" Cam instantly replied.

I glared at him, but then turned to Nonna and smiled.

"We both would Nonna!" I said getting up from the table and grabbing Cam's arm and dragging him to the door with me.

"Hey!" he exclaimed as he resisted.

"If I'm going down, you're going down with me." I simply responded, throwing his shoes at him.

I quickly slipped on my flip flops and followed Nonna outside to the car.

Today it was extremely hot, 90 degrees at least and I was over heating in my denim shorts and tank top.

The ride to the grocery store was uneventful and once we arrived, we all got out of the car and walked quickly to the entrance, anticipating the cool air conditioning.

"Ok, so you kids can find the food on this list and I'll find the rest." Nonna said as she handed us a food list once we entered the store.

Cam and I nodded and we then went our separate ways from Nonna.

"I can't believe you made me come. You know how much I hate grocery shopping." Cam complained as we made our way towards the vegetables, looking for carrots which were the first things on the list.

"Exactly." I smirked at him as I grabbed some baby carrots and tossed them to him to put into the shopping basket he was carrying.

He rolled his eyes and mumbled profanities under his breath, but I just ignored him, already on my way to find the next food on the list.

We walked around for a good ten minutes, finding all the foods on the list. We were almost done when I made my way to the soup aisle.

"It just says soup on the list... what kind do you think Nonna wants?" I asked as I read the labels for all the different kinds of soups they had.

I didn't receive a reply and rolled my eyes.

"We're almost done, it wasn't that bad even." I said turning around.

But instead of finding Cam I found no one behind me. I looked around for him, but only saw an older woman looking at me oddly. Probably thinking I was crazy since I was pretty much talking to myself thinking Cam was there.

I sighed and grabbed five different kinds of soups and stuffed them in my arms before looking for my extremely A.D.D brother.

I didn't have to look far though because once I walked out of the aisle I found him talking with none other than Rian Dawson.

I froze in spot and contemplated on what to do. I could either run away and totally avoid them, or I could suck it up and go over to them. I mean Rian wasn't bad at all, I actually really liked him when we were friends. But after last summer I'm pretty sure things would be at least a little awkward.

And I hated awkward situations.

Just as I decided to slip away unnoticed, Cam turned my way and spotted me.

"There you are!" Cam shouted motioning for me to come over.

Rian looked over at me and seemed quite surprised to see me. I didn't know why though because if Cam was here in Maryland, then I obviously was.

I sighed and slowly walked over to them, dreading an extremely awkward situation.

"While you were on your way to the coffee aisle I bumped into Rian and we started talking." Cam explained once I walked up to them.

The coffee aisle? That was way before I noticed he wasn't with me in the soup aisle. Great, that meant I was talking to myself longer than I thought.

"Well thanks to you some old lady thinks I talk to myself." I replied.

Cam just shrugged and turned to Rian.

"Ri, you remember-"

"ADDY!" Rian excitedly exclaimed as he surprised me with a bone crushing hug.

"How are you? I haven't seen you since... well... in a long time! We all miss you!" he said excitedly.

I smiled, definitely not expecting this reaction from him, but definitely relieved things weren't awkward between us.

"I miss you guys too." I replied, smiling genuinely at him.

Before anyone could say anything else, Cam's phone started buzzing. He quickly took it out of his pocket and opened it.

"Nonna's waiting for us, we should probably go find her." he said looking up from his phone.

I nodded.

"Alright, well it was good seeing you guys and I'll see you Saturday!" Rian said before hugging me and patting Cam on the back and then leaving.

"What's on Saturday that we're apparently going to be seeing him again?" I asked, confused, as we made our way towards the checkout line.

Cam smiled mischievously.

"Oh, just a party."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you retarted.frog. for inspiring me to update! [: Its kinda boring, but either the next chapter or the chapter after that it will get more exciting! :D
Also please comment!!!