Smile, Miley

Can't Smile Anymore

Miley Stewart looked around as she stuffed her books into her locker and raced to her classroom. The bell shortly rang and she entered the classroom, drama and play books in hand, as her teacher, Ms. Camille, quickly wrote down something on the whiteboard. Miley intently looked at the wording and smiled. It was something easy- Ms. Camille drabbling on her favorite Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet. She also liked Macbeth and other things, but Romeo and Juliet was her all-time favorite.
'Today, I will go on about Romeo and Juliet with you, just a short little review.' She already had the whole book memorized, she didn't need that short little review. 'Then, we'll take a little pop quiz on Romeo and Julie to finish off the class for you final grade- Yay!' That wouldn't be so hard either. She loved Romeo and Juliet as much as Ms. Camille did, for one reason or another.
The other students filed into the class while Miley heard somebody mutter 'geek' in her direction, or 'nerd' in her direction. She sure hated it when she was called ridiculous names. Ms. Camille, as soon as everybody was in the class, started to drabble on about Romeo and Juliet's love story. Miley didn't like her wording choices, but she listened to it, getting out a pad of sticky notes, just because she didn't want to forget about anything.
"This story was the romance story of a lifetime..." She drabbled on. 'This has been made into 21st Century movies, and it has been made for children, rewritten. That is how popular this amazing love story is to many Americans and people around the world. The love story of Romeo and Juliet... it's a fascinating story, it ends in so much tragedy that I cry every time I read the ending."
I took notes quickly as she talked, afraid of losing my knowledge when I took a sip of water or anything. Then, after 30 minutes of drabbling on, Ms. Camille gave everybody a slip of paper with the pop question on it.
Who was Romeo's rival in the book?
Miley quickly scribbled down Paris and went back to the front of the room, where she placed the paper on her teacher's class and left the classroom, just in time for the bell where my locker was calling for me.
There, Lilly was waiting, and there, were the pictures of Miley's whole family as one big family of 4 at the Tennessee farm. There, Miley's Mom was present, smiling at the camera, her white teeth gleaming, Troy had his big gap and he was smiling and her Dad was happy with no tequila or vodka glass in hand. There, they were a happy family. Miley had no hope of making a happy family one day or rekindling her happy family.
Troy had gone serious, he used to be ridiculous and good at telling jokes, his blue eyes that shone turned gray. Mom had died in that car accident that had swooped her- and my new baby sister's- life. And Dad had picked up the wine glass and toasted it way to a new girl way too much.
Miley wished that her life was actually normal, that her Dad wouldn't smoke and drink and that Troy would go back to his good old self, where he used to rub Miley's head and tell her funny jokes that he had caught at school. Now, Troy had gone to law school and hadn't done that to Miley since Miley was 13. She missed her old family. She wanted her old life back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That afternoon, Miley crept into the house, closed the door, She waited 6 hours and her Dad was finally home, slamming the door and banging on every thing. Miley was scared, she was scared every single night of her life. She cried like the dickens under her bed, she could not smile. Not with her life.
"M-m-miley..." She heard a loud thud on the floor, her Dad was unconscious. She raced down to the fridge to grab something to eat. She saw a blond girl also passed out beside him, their fingers were intertwined. Miley was ready to puke.
Her Dad woke up, along with the girl.
"Get to work... Mi-i-ley!" He yelled as Miley picked up the broom and started sweeping. "A-a-nd get dinner ready!"
She promised myself to never touch a bottle of alcohol, specially tequila and vodka, her Dad's favorites. Ever. At least, till she was 21 and could handle it properly. She hoped that her Dad hadn't brought out a new bottle of red wine. It made her feel queasy, and every night when she was in bed, she smelled the smell of...
Alcohol. Nasty smelling stuff, something her Dad drank to ease the pain. Something Miley hated with a passion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it? It may be a bit short, but hey, this is my first time on Mibba.