Throw on Your Brake Lights

We're in the city of wonder

I couldn’t bring myself to call, except to call it quits

“I don’t know… I just don’t.” Words came out in agony. “Nobody ever did it, so why bother with it.” A petite girl said. Her eyes were matching the storming sky above her.

The boy huffed and sat down next to her, wrapping his arms around his knees.

“I did.” His whisper was blown away by the wind.

Small droplets of rain started falling on the ground, making even smaller noises. The girl lifted her head up, letting the rain wash away her tears. He looked at her, at her small body, at her lifted head, so insignificant to the world but meaning the world for him. He kept looking at her for a while not really caring if the rain was soaking his clothes, or that he would catch the cold next day.

“Past tense.” The girl said her eyes still focused on the sky, but deep down inside she was screaming.

“I’m sorry.”

Come Hell or high water, when I’m feeling hot and wet

Lips on lips, hands on skin, tripping over own steps, the two silhouettes walked inside small, warm apartment, leaving a trail of water dripping from their clothes. They fell on the bed, skin on skin, burning deep down from desire.

He moved the hair that fell into her eyes, looking at her piercing blue eyes, before lowering his head back down for another breath-taking kiss. Her hands fumbled with his shirt, trying to get rid of it. He lifted himself enough to get the shirt over his head.

As soon as the damp piece of clothing left the bed, her hands trailed down his toned body, covered in tattoos and grabbing on his sides to be able to pull him closer. He bucked his hips against her, creating a friction between fabrics, and causing them boat to moan. He moved the strap of her shirt, leaving her shoulder unexposed for a fraction of second before covering it with his flaming lips.

One after another, pieces of clothing were thrown all over the room. But it didn’t matter.

All that matters were the two of them, moving together in same rhythm, making beautiful sounds of perfect song, the synced beat resulting in the highest pleasure for both of them.

But like any song, no matter how beautiful it was, it has to end.

Best friends, ex-friends to the end, better of as lovers and not the other way around

She stood up, gathering her clothes from the floor, careful not to wake him up. After all, their friendship was ruined by a simple act of love. Only there wasn’t any love involved in it. They just call it love.

She looked around the room, trying to find something that would help her explain to herself her actions. The sound of rain, pounding on the windows, and steady breathing of the boy in the bed were the only sounds that filled the small room. She took the pen that was lying on the desk next to the mass of scattered papers, writing a simple “Goodbye” and leaving it there as a proof of what could never have happened.

The air was heavy and the smell of damp concrete filled her lungs as she walked to the little cab, which was supposed to take her some place away from him. Some place safe. She closed her eyes as the wind played with her hair through the window.

Racing through the city, windows down, in the back of yellow-checkered cars

And on every single person walking down that street, she saw his face. Hurt, betrayed, sad. She didn’t wanted to confess to herself, because she didn’t wanted to be in love with her best friend. But she was, and now there was no turning back.

Their friendship was no longer there. Only a glimpse of what could’ve been. Best friends, now ex friends, turned into lovers.

The images eventually melted into lines of infinite red, yellow, white and black. The night was slowly turning into day, Sun peaking behind tall buildings, as the cab came to its destination. Through the branches of hung down trees Sun tried to touch the ground.

Surrounded by grey, heavy stones, she kept her pace steady, reaching her destination. She never felt good about anything in her life. Not even him. She felt she was not good enough for him. Sure they could tell each other everything, but everything was not what’s important, because she couldn’t tell him the way she truly felt about him.

The tombstones are waiting, they were half engraved. They knew it was over, just didn’t know the date

They were not meant to be. He wanted so many things from life, but only one word from her would be enough for him to leave all behind, and just be with her.

To the others they were picture perfect couple, only they weren’t. They ended before even had a chance to start.

She sat on the cold ground resting her head on the wall, looking at the storming sky above her. Rain started falling slowly, not making a sound. And she knew. At times like this she knew that he would find her.

“Why are you keep on rejecting love, when all you do is telling how love never found you?” His voice was filled with hurt.

“I don’t know… I just don’t.” She said looking at the boy. “Nobody ever did it, so why bother with it.”

“I did.” He whispered sitting next to her.

Rain was falling harder, but still soft enough.

“Past tense.”

“I’m sorry.”

“All I ever wanted was to tell you, but couldn’t seem to find the right words. I wanted for you to understand, to feel like I did. I guess it’s too late now.” He could see her tears even though they were mixing with the rain. “You are leaving and now there is no coming back.”

“But… I love you.” He said taking her face in his hands, making her look at him.

“It’s too late Pete. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t love you anymore.” She said and stood up, leaving the boy behind her.

Leaving everything behind.

And I cast a spell over the West to make you think of me, the same way I think of you. This is a love song in my own way, happily ever after, and gone to waste
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday Pete Wentz

Comments are always appreciated