So My Life Begins Now, Thanks A Lot, Mom

So... My Life Now Begins... Thanks Alot Mum... 15

Lexi's pov...

By the end of the day work had gone by too quickly. Jake had been at the shop door, 8pm had passed and we we're finally able to leave by 8.45pm.
"Have you had a good first day?" Jake asked as we pulled out of the town.
"Yeah, it's been really busy, but I've enjoyed every second of it. There was a reason I was meant to work there Jake, I really believe that."
The conversation ended, not into an uncomfortable silence though. It's the silence where you can think and not have to worry about the other person feeling awkward. Not long I saw us drive past the house. Confused I turned to see Jake grinning at me, taking glance's at me as I tried to figure out what was going on.
"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere..."
"Jake, seriously. Where are we going?"
"What can't I take my wife anywhere without her panicking about being kidnapped?"
"Panicking?! Who said I was panicking!"
I heard Jake laugh before pulling into a darkened road.
"Ready?" Jake asked suddenly turning around in his seat to look at me.
"For what?" I asked hesitantly. Did I really want to find out what was going to happen? No. Was I going to anyway? Yes.
Without saying a word Jake got out of the car, shutting his door and walking around to my side. Opening my door his hand grabbed my arm before pulling me gently out of the car.
"Come on."
Moving his hand from my arm to my hand Jake began to lead the way, still I couldn't see anything. I could hear the gravel underneath my feet, the tree's that we're surrounding us we're giving us enough privacy to walk without being noticed. Still leading the way Jake looked back at me and smiled. Confused, I smiled back, wondering what he could be doing. Gradually, the tree's began to thin and some light was penetrating through the thin branches giving us a little light.
The tree's we're still thinning and the path was beginning to get smaller as we neared the 'destination'. Jake suddenly stopped, looking at me and grasping my hand's in his own.
"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.
Not saying a word Jake turned around once again and started to make his way through the tree's. Pratically running to keep up with his footsteps, I found myself jogging beside him. Still he didn't say a thing.
The tree's suddenly thinned further allowing me to look through the gap's. Gasping at the sight, I began to run faster making Jake run a little to keep up with me pulling his hand.
"Oh my gosh!" I squealed, stopping at a gate.
"Do you like it?" Jake asked, his tone humorous.
"Like it?! I love it!"
You see, the gate I was now standing at lead to a cottage. The black beam's running along the outside of the house and the window's we're amazing. Jake suddenly moved me out of the way slightly before walking toward's the front door.
"Jake! What the hell you can't just walk to someone's front door!" I shouted quietly, trying not to create a scene.
"That's where you're wrong sweetie, I can do that because I've got the keys." Jake replied, a smug smile plastered on his face as he held the keys up in his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short!! I'm sorry for the no update's I was away and I couldn't update at all.. Trust me I tried.. This chapter is dedicated to snowdancer22 ..Thank you for the comment!..x