So My Life Begins Now, Thanks A Lot, Mom

So... My Life Now Begins... Thanks Alot Mum... 18

Lexi's pov...

I saw Jake visibly whiten as he took in what I had just said.
"Kid's?" He forced out.
"Yeah."
"But... but we haven't been married that long! Are you sure you got the right end of the stick?!"
I stood from the bed, shock filling every core of my body. You have to be kidding me.
"The right end of the stick?! Jake she started asking me what I thought about them and if we'd discussed it yet. Not to mention she asked what I thought when Sue announced she was expecting."
"Maybe she didn't mean she wanted us to have kid's. Maybe she just wanted to talk to you about them."
"She did talk! She got all funny when I said that we hadn't spoken about it yet, she ended up leaving the room suddenly like I slapped her."
"Look Lexi... I don't want us to start a fight over this. It's just kid's?! We're barely married.. We luckily love each other, but the marriage was forced and you're 18 and I'm nearly 19! What do you want me to say?" He stressed.
"I don't know that's the point! What exactly are we supposed to do Jake? Please tell me because I would love to know."
"We... we'll have to talk about it. No holding back what we think but we need to promise not to get mad at each other." Jake stood up and made his way over to me, wrapping his arm's around melike normal, resting his forhead on my own and looking into my eyes.
"I promise." I muttered, closing my eye's and relaxing in his embrace.
"Where do we even begin?" He asked, moving us slowly back towards the bed. My eyes opened and I looked up at him once more.
"Do you... do youeven want kid's?"
Jake didn't say anything for a few minutes and honestly his eyes said everything I needed to see.
"It's okay if you don't... we can deal with it later." I mumbled, dropping his gaze, truthfully it hurt that he couldn't say it to me.
"No! It's not that I don't want to have kid's. It's just that we're so young Lexi, I want to be able to spend time with you, without having to worry about anything else. We've just got our job's and we need to save if we're getting a place of our own."
"I get it, I really do Jake. I just... Your mum brought up what happened with Sue and she wanted to know what I thought. Honestly I don't know what I felt and I should have been there for her and I wasn't." Blinking rapidly, I tried to keep the tear's that we're beginning to form.
"Baby..."
"Can. Can we talk about this after your birthday?"
Laying us both down on the bed, Jake just looked at me, simply nodding his head. He pulled me into his side, sighing contently I let my eyes slowly drop. The conversation postponed, we both had time to think about whatwe wanted.

Over the next week, both Jake and me managed to keep ourselves out of Cathy's way, gratefully keeping the baby subject under wraps. I was busy making the after plan's for Jake's party, everything was set by the weekend, both of us had half day's on Wednesday and the Thursday booked off.
Wednesday came by all to quickly and I had somehow managed to get Jake to let me drive, the ride home was different, music was blaring as loud as Jake could have it. I could still hear him singing along to all of the word's as his hand gripped my own. It was all too soon when we arrived home and started to get ready. Let the night commence.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to snowdancer22 and her puppy who seemed to enjoy the chapter's as much as she did (: Enjoy!..x