I'll wait, forever

Forever.

Lost

The letter said lost. Not dead. Lost.

Lost in action.

It has been years since Mike received that soul-crushing letter. And just as he’d promised Billie before he left, Mike waited.

Michael R. Pritchard dreamt, prayed, hoped, ate, slept and lived only for Billie Joe Armstrong’s return.

But the years were wasted away as they silently flew by, and the days dragged slowly by, Mike felt himself waste away too, but his hope and love for Billie never did.

Late at night, as Mike lied in the space that was meant to be taken up by the man that taken his heart, he replayed their last conversation repeatedly in his head. The conversation that had perfectly captured Billie’s beauty, sweet soul and huge heart, on top of his undying love for Mike.

“You’ll be here when I get back, right?”
“I’ll wait.”
“Promise?”
“Promise. I’ll wait, forever.”

With Billie in his soul, and hope in his heavy heart, Mike repeated his own words over and over and over again. He was unknowingly trying to convince himself that not all hope was lost, and neither was Billie.

I’ll wait, forever.

Mike did wait, forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is was my first EVER Mike/Billie type thing, so please understand that it might not be as good as the other Bikes on Mibbe.
xD