Status: Finished.

Razorblade Romance

Poison Girl

Poison Girl

A prey she was for the cruelty of love
While it's serpent inside crawled straight towards her heart
The fire in her eyes
Grew dim and then died
As the poison inside
Reached her heart
The coldest kiss love ceased to exist
The coldest bliss
Faith ceased to exist
As we grew apart
Like never before
I did it all just for her
Love wants us dead
Love's heart is death
For me and my poison girl
The taste of the poison on her lips is of a tomb

I sat at the table with my fellow members of the Element Team and waited for any sign of Nea in the crowd. I couldn't wait to see her again. She was just that amazing.

And then I saw her. In line with a chubby guy who looked like he had more money in the world and wanted everyone here to know it. The closer they got, the more unhappy I realized Nea looked. The sparkle that had been in her eyes the day before was gone now and
replaced by a dim shine.

'Nea!' I said when they were close. She looked up at the sound of her name and smiled wide.

'Bam!' She said coming closer. 'How are you?'

'I'm good. You?' I asked smiling at her.

'I want you to meet my--' She began but was cutoff by the man she was with. His hand shot out at me and he said:

'Her fiance, Jonah. Jonah Nivus.'

'Bam Margera.' I said shaking his hand and not liking him one bit. I noticed Nea had looked away from us him and down at her feet.

Jonah moved on down the table trying to pull Nea with him.

'When are you working?' I asked.

'Tonight. Until ten.'

'I'll be there.' I said making her smile before she was ripped away by her asshole fiance.

Just thinking the word made my heart sink. They didn't seem in love though, I pointed out to myself.

That night, I made my way back to the CD store with Dunn close behind.

'I don't understand why we have to go here.' He said as I ignored him and walked in.

'Shut up.' I said looking around for Nea. 'Nea?'

'Tervetuloa!' I heard her call. She came from the back room smiling.

'Uh, this is Dunn.' I said pointing to him. 'Dunn, this is Nea.'

'Now I see why we had to come here.' He said looking at Nea.

Her eyebrows went together in confusion but she smiled.

'How was the rest of the demo?' She asked. 'I'm sorry I couldn't stay.'

'Good. It's all right. I understand.' I smiled.

'I'm sorry I had to bring Jonah as well.' She said. 'He doesn't like it when I leave him alone for a day. I wish he'd let me though. This is the one place I can get away from him.'

'Why are you marrying him then?' I asked.

'I have to.'

'Why?'

'My parents.' She said looking at the diamond on her finger. 'They want me to marry rich. And he is.'

'That's fucked.' Dunn said and she smiled at him.

'I don't want to be Mrs. Groin.' She said laughing.

'What do you mean?'

'Nivus in English means Groin.' She said making me laugh.

The next few nights, I went to the CD store every night to be with Nea. I was glad to see I always brought the sparkle into her eyes.

My last day I went down to the shop. I only had an hour to kill before I had to be at the airport.

'Nea!' I said walking in and seeing her in the back of the shop putting CD's on a shelf.

'Voitko auttaa minua?' She asked looking at me and blowing hair out of her face.

'What?' I asked laughing and loving when random Finnish slipped out.

'Can you help me?' She said as a stack of CD's fell to the floor. 'Voi vittu!'

'Relax.' I said running up and picking up all the CD's that had fallen. 'There's no need to swear in Finnish.'

'How did you know what I said?' She asked letting me pick them up.

'I picked up a few things.' I said smiling. 'I was actually coming in to say goodbye.'

'Goodbye?' She asked. 'So soon?'

'Yeah. I have to go home.' I said.

'That's horrible.' She said looking back to the CD's she was putting away. 'I really like you.'

'Well, I was thinking.' I said making her look at me. 'Come with me.'

'What?'

'Yeah. You'll get away from that dick head and we can be together.' I said sighing.

'Bam, I can't leave.' She said. 'My family...and Jonah.'

'You hate him.' I said.

'Yeah, but, things are already complicated.' She said looking away.

'Nea.' I said taking her face in my hands. 'The only way, you're going to get rid of him, is to
leave. You probably think I'm crazy, but I love you.'

'Rakastan sinua.' She mumbled.

'What?' I asked looking in her hazel eyes for the answer.

'I love you.' She said before pressing her lips to mine.

The kiss must have lasted a full five minutes before she broke it. 'But, I can't go with you.'

I nodded my head in understanding, gave her one last kiss, and walked out of the shop never looking back at her once.