New life, new love...new pack

Chapter 1 - What the *** is happening?!

I was sitting in my living room with my best friend Nick. He was like a big brother to me. We never fought, and he was allways there for me. I'm a wreck for 3 months now, since mom died. I didn't need to work, since she left me a huge fortune.
Nick and I were watching some movie, although I wasn't really paying any attention. He just wanted to know that I won't do anything stupid.
'Shay? Are you ok?' he asked a bit concerned.
'I'm fine. Why?' I replied, he used to ask me that often, it was getting annoying.
'You're sweatting.' he started whipeing the sweat off my face.
'Now that you said it, I do feel a little awkward. Is it hot in here?' I started to sweat like I was running for miles.
'No, the windows are open, it's pretty cool outside.' he touched my forehead. 'Whoa Shay, your burning up! I'll get you some wet towels and you go take a shower or something.'
'Ok, ok' I didn't want to argue.
I just obeyed. I wanted to stand up, but I couldn't. I just fell. Nick ran to the living room. When he caught sight of me, he panicked.
'let's get you to bed' he scooped me up bridal style.
I started to drift off. But I knew what was happening to me. Every bone in my body started to hurt. Before I fell to sleep, I turned to see Nicks worried face.
'Nick, go call Sam, tell him it's urgent!'
And then I blacked out.